PDA

View Full Version : OCW RIOT- January 17th, 2008

Vic Vimes
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.ocwfed.net/recapshow/riot/newriotlogo.gif (http://www.ocwfed.net/recapshow/riot/2008-01-17/index.htm)
Now with 80% More RP than neccessary.

Smythe stop centering shit.

Brad Bauer
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
all I can say is "Spectacular". Majin is genious. Fantastic editing on page 6.

SDW with a great showing as well. Too much to discuss in one posting. Very well done. Perhaps the best riot in months.

Seth Morrison
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Cant watch at work :(

However if not tonight, tomorrow, ill comment mroe on the show.

Josiah Cross
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Woow incredible show, tons of great RPs and matches. Is there still a 2nd page rule or can I post my comments on Riot now?

Nate Ortiz
01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
theres no more second page rule

Josiah Cross
01-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Not sure how often ill be able to give a full review like this but I will try and do one each week. This Riot was very good and deserves a review.

RIOT REVIEW
(contains spoilers)
I give this show ***1/2 (out of **** very very strong show)

I did not know Smythe won matches, I guess times have changed while I was away...or maybe it was a fluke. Non the less it was a solid match and I would hate to have been the referee having to raise Smythe's hand after how many times he spat in it.

I deffinitly wouldnt mind seeing Nate vs Blake. The Ohio song to end that promo was classic.

Anthony Martin must be new havent seen much of him but that was a big win over the veteran Blade. Martin was able to come up big at the end and hit the flying elbow drop which was reversed earlier in the match. Im digging the sharpshooter finisher.

Ladder match between Blood and Strider AWESOME! For EX Title NICE ADDITION! ...and also for one half of the tag titles?!? Very interesting. Especially with the Reed Strider issues surfacing. Could this be the beggining of the end for BDTT? Good stuff.

Chino vs Kang was very very close. Chinos entrance gets a thumbs up had me chuckling. Dont know much about Kang but it was a good showing from him Chino is no easy push over.

The attack from behind from V.V. was well played out. The heat between these two has been building up quite well. Looking forward to the future match.

Hardcore match we deffinitly my favorite of the night. It went back and forth. The match ending was awesome starting with the back and forth chair shots being reversed. It was that moment that you knew whoever got that chair shot in would get the upper hand and most likely win. Stevens nailed it followed it up with a splash to the outside and then an elbow drop to the outside to finish. Incredible match VERY VERY good favorite of the night for sure.

My Return...no comment other then its good to be back. Now I just need a fight!

Matt Wilson making an apperance was good to see. Hopefully sooner than later the Maniac will be back to full time duty. It was a nice touch adding in the clips refreshing everyone of why youve been out of action.

I must have missed this whole Guy and Poison religious thing going on. Interesting though it was only fitting for Versus to show up. Like the finish of versus hitting the stunner into the cutter (yeah its been awhile I cant remember the exact names finisher names...feel free to refresh me with them). Guess there was no God to save Poison from that out come I was waiting for VS to get involved and he did. Good showing along with promo. Oh highlight of the RP was playing that video in slo mo and having it reveal a Ninja lowering down to change the Polls on the computer. Classic.

And then we get to the end of the show...DAMN! One hell of a promo and the ending video was very well done with the editing. Ill mention of few of the things that stood out in that final segment.

-Blakes entrance, the opening with the lips adds a very nice touch I must say.
-YOU SCREWED AJ
-Majins hip thrust following his moves always get me laughing
-Nate running out to save Tiffany only to get nailed in the head with the title, busted open, then conchairtoed to the head by the boss. Terrible just terrible.
-Great editing
-This looks to be a promosing fued

Well that was my input on this weeks Riot take it for what it is. Great show!

CROSS HAS SPOKEN!

The Guy Fausto
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Just a few observations, good show overall.

Smythe needs to tune down the high damaged grapples, all of his strongs did over 14. Unneccessary, especially vs. a LHVY.

Kang did better than I expected, was pulling for him at the end.

I didn't like the finish to the Hardcore title match. Aren't we suppose to wait for pain animations to end?

I apologize for the grapple finisher, it was suppose to be a turn facing front to cutter, but I just said screw it and hit it off the grapple.

Majin is a video editing god.

Brad Bauer
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
i forgot to mention earlier how much ex-con Barbarian owns. Mr. Cross...I do believe you have yourself a winning gimmick-

Mr.Sensation
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
HOLY FUCK RIOT IS THE SHIT! its like a mini PPV with all the Cameos fucking hell, good fucking job kids.

Vincent Valmont
01-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Damn, what a show, so far. From, reading the reviews, and watching the first 2 pages, I must say, I've never been this anxious to see the rest of Riot, in a long time. I will give my full review on it, tomorrow, along with, the first Turmoil, and my review on that.

Smythe D. Wonder
01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
THis Riot seriously kicked ass... like a 9/10 for sure...

Reed looks like he`s in trouble... plus he has a handful of SDW to deal with as well...

yes I will comment on my own match... TOE KICK MANIA... I counted over 20 between the two of us... insane... less than 5 strike reversals the whole match... and Yes I felt like a prick hitting a 16 and a 14 with two straight grapples Fausto... but one was off a reversal... I was going for the booker kick... the match flowed like 2 people that hated each other at war... quick action... SDW and Reed have alot of the same moves... (Reed is like a mini-me) it was fast paced... very hard hitting... grapple reversals like crazy... it looked like a squash damage-wise as Reed was DO while I was undamaged (amazingly)... Que the comeback... and luckily I get the sweet finish off the missed running back elbow... an awesome match if I say so myself... great FPR... ( I was proud of myself for that showing actually)... amazing match Reed...

Mr.Ortiz makes a challenge for the OCW title... like really Nate what have you done to deserve a title shot??? hahaha... you lost at the PPV... Majin has owned you for the past few months??? and you want a title shot... your lucky I wouldn`t dare step into the ring with you... or I`d teach you something...

Anthony Martin is the TRUTH... not much more to say... the sharpshooter finisher is badass... a great match against Blade... one thing I did notice tho... anything after that dropkick to the knee is irreversable... you should have let him up after you hit it... but who cares... excellent win...

Leon`s woman continues to piss me off... I had to explain to her that she`s only cool when Leon is in the building... yes I`m an asshole..DEAL WITH IT...

Blood challenges Strider to a double title match... meaning that if Blood wins he`d be the EX champion... AND him and Reed would then be tag team champions... Strange indeed... only a dumbass would agree to something like that... oh yeah... Stride Right... I call a ladder match for a double title in the near future... stupid strider...

Kang James is the next to fail at beating DJ Chino.. even tho the victory is sooo damn close... now try going through that 5 more time Kang... then you`ll feel like I did last week... damn you Chino...

and then he get PWNED by Valmont... haha... your day went from bad to "THE SUCK" I marked... sorry Kang something about you getting your ass kicked puts a smile on my face....

the Fearo Pee Stee RP ruled... I laughed... the match was decent... tho Fearo has a pretty homo moveset... Pee Stee I marked for the finish this time... the chair shot counter fest followed by the over the top rope splash into the finisher... (tho it`s still the ghey elbow) I liked it...

EX-Con Josiah Cross... Barbarian is back... welcome home my dude... and Infamous is dead... sad but I guess it can work... Infamous was the KING OF PROMOS... sad to see you guys go... but the match between Bold and Barbarian will be CLASSIC... I gaurantee it...

I marked for Poison using Lacky Fausto to fight CJ... Poison rules... then Versus comes and ruins the entertainment... by exposing Poisons Cam ninja vote rigging... Stupid Versus... Poison Fausto rematch (on 07 AGAIN) was awesome... the right guy winning this time... meaning Fausto is free... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Guy looked rusty... I saw the double chop to dropkick combo like 12 times... but going from 08 to 07 is ludacris... don`t know how you even did it...

WOW... Bossman is horrible... donating your only Daughter to Majin... well since Majin is over the top HOMO... I guess he wouldn`t do anything too bad.... Casey is HOTT... and Nate... why did you have to get Owned on the night you ask for a title match??? Daddy can`t give you that title shot now...

FUCKING AWESOME RIOT... AWeSOME..

Poison
01-18-2008, 04:17 AM
You cant make me buy 08! *Shakes fist*

Parker
01-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Great great riot this week, they just get better and better.
Awesome Rp's..we really do have some fantastic writers on this site.

Big Big win for smythe,i was very impressed with that match, those 2 work well together and this match up should be re-visited in the future.

Kaang, you were so dam close man, good job..can any1 stop chino?

Poision/fausto vs Hoppus-whilst I like how they pulled the switch this week as it worked brilliantly with the storyline, if poison wont get 08 then I see no reason why he should continue to be booked,unless like Guy people are willing to go back to 07 to play him,no offence intended to poison as i actually like this religous gimmik,but we have moved on to 08.but the match was enjoyable to watch,but i couldnt see anyone other than guy walkin away with the win.

poison vs guy-this was a good match but you could tell guy was rusty on 07..the ending was SWEET tho.

Blade vs Martin-I'm loving that sharpshooter finish man, this was a good solid win for Martin,after my match with him i knew this kid was no flash in the pan.

Wont comment on my match with fearo,although i liked all the chair exchanges, and smythe,,,the elbow drop to the outside was all for you baby. :)

Fearo..your entrance is insane...and i mark for versus theme music.

Majin is one of my favourite ocw stars to watch, the editing was awesome and i loved the sen-chair-to to nate at the end.

The Guy Fausto
01-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not rusty.

Half my moveset is chops.

The other half is split between restholds and dropkicks.

Why the hell did I win Moveset of the Year?

Parker
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
coz the ninja's fixed the vote again.

Mr.Sensation
01-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Cam Ninja Rigged the polls yet again!

Poison
01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Guy wanted to do a feud and he said he would jump to 07 to complete it. Once the feud is over I will not be competing till TNA makes its way to the market and buy it if it doesn't suck. Im not buying a down grade of a down grade game.

Carlos Cruz
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
They say it was Cam Ninja, but nobody knows the truth.... Mwahahahaha

Voice: Shut it, you'll ruin it

:(

DJ Chino
01-18-2008, 02:47 PM
question about the hardcore thing where he makes himself bloody and then is almost completely healthy. Does his body go from double orange to just red head? or does it go back to yellow or something

Parker
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
It send a body part back to yellow.

Val Finale
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I thought it randomizes. I have gotten from red/red to orange/orange, and i also got from red/red to orange/yellow.

Deano Horse
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Awesome Riot that last page was just genious, good work peepholes.

Just an observation that Guy noted, Fearo was in a pain animation when Pee Stee did the rope attack. Don't do it Pee Stee you cheap bastard, your worse than Versus! Good match though, I love your entrance theme Pee Stee.

Also I think when a LHWY does the roll thing to avoid a strike or grapple they should back off for a second afterwards.

I love it when a show is full of RP's and there wasn't a bad one on here. The Pee Stee/Fearo one was funny as hell.