TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

A Better Look At D....C.... Rebel!

Darin Rebel

**The scene opens with Mike Lamonika sitting back in a nice leather chair with D.C. Rebel right across from him. The camera man begins to count down until he begins the recording.**

Cameraman: 3...2...1... (And points off camera)

(Lamonika sits forward and takes a nice long deep breath)

Lamonika: So D.C. Rebel…. You are a new talent here in OCW still unsigned. Tell us who you are.

D.C.: My name is D.C. Rebel. I’m 18 years old from San Diego, California.

Lamonika: Why did you come to OCW?

D.C.: I came to OCW hoping for a contract to pursue a career in wrestling. I’ve watched OCW since it aired its first show and ever since I have wanted to compete here. Now that I’ve gotten this close I know there’s a contract I’ll get soon.

Lamonika: Is there anything you think you can bring to OCW?

D.C.: Well, I am the best technical wrestler alive today. So you think OCW would want me here so they can be the best. If they signed me, I would bring the best to OCW.

Lamonika: What makes you think you are the best?

D.C.: Are you kidding me??? Might I say undefeated in the NWJP Los Angeles Dojo. Everyone including Steve Pain, Robbie Phoenix, Killer Orion, Colossal Chris, and Impacto the list goes on!…. But more importantly… I know I’m simply the best because I know what’s inside of me. I know what I can do. Yeah I’ve proven nothing in professional wrestling but it doesn’t matter if I know what I can and will do.

Lamonika: Okay, I see where you’re coming from. What are you going to do if you get signed?

D.C.: I will compete in my first match… Win it… Compete in my second match and win it… Compete in my third match and win it! And if someone decides they have a problem with the best technical wrestler alive today I’ll show them why I’m the best by beating their ass in the ring.

Lamonika: What if you lose?

D.C.: Psh! Haha yeah right! I wont lose. But if and if that’s a big IF I do… I’m still the best… because even the best have a bad day. It wont stop me from showing everyone why I’m the best.

Lamonika: What if you don’t get signed and cant show that you are the best?

D.C.: If I don’t get signed…. Then I guess I was wrong…….. Ya know Mike, being the best doesn’t come from sitting down and doing interviews. So I’m going to go work. Thanks.

(D.C. stands up and takes off the tiny wired microphone on his shirt and steps off camera.)

**Scene fades**

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Hostile17_2007/oie_HOSTILITY.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it didn't have anything to do with ocw it doesn't mean shit. OCW is the best fed in the land, and if you haven't done it here, you haven't done shit anywhere. So I don't know if the nwjp thing is real or not...but so far...you gimmick is shit to me, uninterestingly cocky with nothing truly to show for it. I mean unless you're someones alt... and even still, someone who's been here should know this is lame. Good to see you rp, thats just some feedback on the matter. I hate this gimmick. People are just gonna focus on shutting you up and more than likely they will succeed. Only smythe can come in the game with a cocky attitude. And he's only gotten so far. Go back to WWE CM Punk...i mean DC Rebel, maybe you can be champ there. But here you've proven nothing.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Hooray2.gif

2009 Season:

Singles Record:3/2/0

Tag (Including Handicaps):0/0/0

Gimmick Matches:Trip.Threats:0/1/0

Championship Matches:

Total:3/3/0

Career Achievements:

Dual Champ.

Best Feud Nomination in 2008

Nice rp, but like Poe said,people will want to shut you up as this kind of talk has been seen before...allow me to voulenteer to be the first :D

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5774/sig2uq.jpg

2 x Hardcore Champion (Longest defending OCW champ,19 defences)

1 x NA Champion

1 x Pride Champion

1 x TV Champion

2 x OCW World Heavyweight Champion

F.I Winner 2012

MOTN vs Leonheart @ Wrestlution 7

'Don't worry about no one else, hows my hair look' - Tiberius Dupree

'Wipe you ass and go to bed' - Sensation to B17

• Administrators

Actually smythe came in running his mouth, he was just shut down for about 6 months straight.

But smythe is smythe and despite being shitted on he kept his stride. I think smythe holds the record for jobbing to chino. What was it 7-8 times?

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

If he was talking out of character I might be annoyed. But its a promo. Who knows how long he's been doing this or if this is what the places he was in before did things. I don't know I just think thing you can give the guy some feedback without shitting on him. For some people it could make them not want to rp more.

That being said DC your type of gimmick hasn't gone over well here and you are putting yourself in a corner so to speak, if you don't go out and win (fairly) then what happens. Brad Bauer is the rookie guy you can look for him for character help if he's around and has the time. And there are plenty of others around as well that if asked could help.

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

Yeah but that just clarifies my point, Thanks Sensation. Talking all this shit about yourself being the best, gets you no where here. And i didn't mean to come off as such a dick, but fuck, are you kidding me. You can build on your gimmick without talking a bunch of shit, hell you probably could hold off on a gimmick until your an actual wrestler here. "I'm gonna win all my matches and if you don't like it, i'll whip your ass." is that even a gimmick. And how can you be the best technical wrestler in a game thats technically fucked man. No one is gonna care about your tech perk, because thats all being technical is in this game. So just chill out. Like I said i'm glad you rped it's a step in the right direction, but maybe you should get with some vets, even me and flesh out a better gimmick. This one just rubs me, and probably will others the wrong way, and i wouldn't be suprised if you don't care, but if your the best truly...i say when you finally become a wrestler. Fight Nate or Bold period two of our top champions, if you beat either. Your gimmick should stick. But if you lose your first match against anyone, your gimmick is sacked, and you'll probably be another speed bump in the greatness of ocw. Thing is ocw doesn't just roll over speed bumps, we crush the bump flat so it can't hinder our movement again.

Yes Nate is correct, and I personally apologize to you DC. I am being a dick, and thats not fair, no one was like that to me when i first came in...actually thats a lie when i put up my application and smythe was my reference...people shit all over me, but i took their jokes(what they were) in stride and past that no one has just been a dick to me. So I'm sorry for not giving you the same courtesy, then again I didn't come into the game talking shit.

2009 Season:

Championship Matches:

Career Achievements:

Dual Champ.

• Administrators

"Thing is ocw doesn't just roll over speed bumps, we crush the bump flat so it can't hinder our movement again"

Epic

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Yeah but that just clarifies my point, Thanks Sensation. Talking all this shit about yourself being the best, gets you no where here. And i didn't mean to come off as such a dick, but fuck, are you kidding me. You can build on your gimmick without talking a bunch of shit, hell you probably could hold off on a gimmick until your an actual wrestler here. "I'm gonna win all my matches and if you don't like it, i'll whip your ass." is that even a gimmick. And how can you be the best technical wrestler in a game thats technically fucked man. No one is gonna care about your tech perk, because thats all being technical is in this game. So just chill out. Like I said i'm glad you rped it's a step in the right direction, but maybe you should get with some vets, even me and flesh out a better gimmick. This one just rubs me, and probably will others the wrong way, and i wouldn't be suprised if you don't care, but if your the best truly...i say when you finally become a wrestler. Fight Nate or Bold period two of our top champions, if you beat either. Your gimmick should stick. But if you lose your first match against anyone, your gimmick is sacked, and you'll probably be another speed bump in the greatness of ocw. Thing is ocw doesn't just roll over speed bumps, we crush the bump flat so it can't hinder our movement again.

Yes Nate is correct, and I personally apologize to you DC. I am being a dick, and thats not fair, no one was like that to me when i first came in...actually thats a lie when i put up my application and smythe was my reference...people shit all over me, but i took their jokes(what they were) in stride and past that no one has just been a dick to me. So I'm sorry for not giving you the same courtesy, then again I didn't come into the game talking shit.

You do understand that it doesn't matter how long he's been here, if his character is cocky, his character is cocky. Length in the federation should never possibly affect how you portray your character, that's just a load of protective bullshit.

If this was an OOC post, I could understand "OMGZ NOT HEER LUNG!" but the fact is, this was a roleplay, he played the role of the character so ignore the fact he hasn't been here long, and analyse the roleplay. He's bothering his ass to develop his character, appreciate that and comment on what he does within the RP, not "I don't like that gimmick" Tough fucking shit, not everyone is going to like everything, for example, I hate Smythe's coat, maybe other people love it.

Holding off on a gimmick is stupid, he needs something rather than being a generic cookie cutter wrestler with two finishing moves, maybe his CAW has a LOT of technical based moves, that would mean he's a technical wrestler, he'd be working his gimmick and to be fair, this roleplay gets him across as arrogant, which is most likely what it was intended to do. If he loses, he still be arrogant and point out silly thing that caused his loss.

spacer.png

I am commenting on his gimmick trance, thats what happens in an rp, I'm not saying DC i don't like you as a person...i'm saying i don't like your gimmick, reason being i think he's mentioning a real wrestling fed. Which shouldn't correlate to anything ocw. And Also i apologized for being rude about it. Second of all when you post something about your gimmick, we here at ocw have the right to have an oppinion about it, and this type of gimmick rubs off wrong, especially when you've done nothing to back it up. When he loses a match what then? He points out some silly mistake of why he lost. thats not a cookie cutter gimmick? " I'm the best HA and thats my gimmick! I'm the best and i haven't proved a thing." Cookie cutter gimmick if i've ever seen one. I told him good job rping talk to some of the other people here to develop and flesh out an interesting gimmick. I'm focusing on trying to help him develop a character, did i do it politely? NO! which is why i apologized.

I don't know what I'd be trying to protect...i mean the kid isn't even a wrestler here yet, and i have nothing to lose in the fed. I'm trying to help him develop a better gimmick that will actually be interesting cause thats what it takes in ocw. If no one wants to see his ass... we won't, because theres plenty of people here who can entertain us, and probably more that will come along. I can honestly say, he can say he's a tech wrestler thats cool, but give us more, just a technical wrestler ain't anything here it's not interesting. Now if he pretends the world is against him and demons tell him to kill his wife and kids...mind you he is only 18 (i don't know how he could be the best) then it might be interesting. A better approach might be to say he's a prodigy, wrestling at 18. and flesh that out til he proves something. This type of gimmick is a poor way to start, and by posting this rp, he gave me the right to tell him so. Mind you thats my oppinion, if he sticks with the shit it's his choice, but when he finally becomes a wrestler gets his first loss, (not saying he might not win some) this gimmick fails and i just hope he has something better to work with than I only lost because of this, and it was a fluke.And thats if he can even continue to get work. Constructive criticism is a nessecary part of this fed trance. If we all just accepted everything nothing would be worth it here.

2009 Season:

Championship Matches:

Career Achievements:

Dual Champ.

Kind of reminds me of Kip Conrads gimmik...he blamed the refs and various things when he lost his first 2 matches i think it was :)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5774/sig2uq.jpg

2 x Hardcore Champion (Longest defending OCW champ,19 defences)

1 x NA Champion

1 x Pride Champion

1 x TV Champion

2 x OCW World Heavyweight Champion

F.I Winner 2012

MOTN vs Leonheart @ Wrestlution 7

'Don't worry about no one else, hows my hair look' - Tiberius Dupree

'Wipe you ass and go to bed' - Sensation to B17