spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

Burnout Championship Wrestling

Geomon

Someone had to say it. That’s right…burnout. Infamous killer of careers and feuds. Doing too much in a short period of time and it’s happening right now gentle readers. Right as you’re reading this.

When OCW moved to two brands and five shows a week, I didn’t think it could work. One of the few times I’ve been proven wrong but have I really proven wrong? Five shows a week. Doesn’t leave a lot of time to just enjoy the site does it. Not when you’re booked 3 times a week and a PPV at the end of the month. Classic case of burnout and it’s not happening to just one or two people, the entire membership is feeling it.

I went over the last three ratings reports and it’s not hard to see that as the week goes on, the ratings drop. People are skipping shows entirely. Why is this? Burnout. Look at each show. Each show has about 4 matches and numerous RP’s. In a given week that’s 16 matches (without a PPV) and an entire magazine length of RP’s to read. All of that while you potentially have to get a match done, plus write an RP. It’s too much, which is why there’s been discussion of reducing the number of shows. Some say two, some say four, some say three.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind having two big shows. One for each brand. I’m talking 6 or 7 pages long, maybe 8. Nearly double the length of current shows. You put one show on Tuesday and you put one on Friday. That way, there’s breathing room. There’s space to enjoy a show rather than speeding through them. Maybe once a month have a small cross brand show or something.

If or when we do reduce the shows, it will not be considered a failure. On the contrary, we have done the impossible. Nobody but us can ever claim to hold 5 shows a week on a consistent basis, nobody. That coupled with monthly PPV’s and the occasional Indy Live makes OCW the most successful efed, probably in history. Even the WWE doesn’t hold 5 shows a week and they’re billionaires.

Never hold your head down about not having 5 shows any more. It’s a tremendous success. Unfortunately, it’s also a heavy burden. One that’s…just not worth it any more. All of the old foes are gone now. We have seen the competition and it is us.

• Mark Out! 1
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3125/10307up7.gif

good read geomon don't mind going too two big shows that are 7-8 pages.

2k8? I havent figured out 2k7 yet - Big Joe D

I am the First Dutch EX-Champion - The Air

I am the First European EX-Champion - The Air

I am the First True EX-Champion - The Air

Delusional? Not at all! I Speak the Truth, cause I can proof it and the others can't. Those Heavy !@#$%^&& ain't got none on me.

I agree as well....Hell, 3 shows wouldn't be half bad either. I can't say much because I'm not a active wrestler at the moment, but I can see where the troubles come in with 5 shows. I'm able to watch all 5 shows and read all RPs for the time being, but it'd be interesting to see 2 or 3 big shows per week. :cool:

OCW's 2008's Most Improved Wrestler

2x OCW Heavyweight Champion

2x OCW Hardcore Champion

This is possibly the best article I have read yet and I agree with the 2 shows and bi monthly cross brand show. As impressive as it is having 5 show a week i can't find the time to sit and watch them all.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/wizkid_1989/TeamUnderdogBanner1.jpg

v3 record:

Singles: 4/10/0

Tag: 6/3/0