spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

The NEW Desk Episode 13

Mr.Sensation

You're missing my point. Some people view any criticism as an insult, regardless of it's merits as an insult or not.

Your entire post makes very little sense to me considering how the vast majority of feedback that I have taken, processed constructively and then made changes in response to were packaged in overt insults. For example. This week, instead of cutting a promo shredding the OCW some more, I had a multi-part sword fight with a guy masquerading as a pirate. I did that because for three straight episodes of the desk, everyone cried about how I have a big fucking mouth, I talk too much, yadda yadda yadda. In the last few weeks, there have probably been 12 combined minutes just talking about the fact that I talk to much, all laughing while making up scenarios of my character babbling and being made to look like a fucking fool.

Now, I came back at the people who said the things, because turnabout is fair play, but I'm not a thick headed reject. I acknowledge that there is some substance to the point, so I looked inward, addressed it, and changed accordingly. I also changed my character's appearance, because everyone made fun of my character for looking like a pedophile creeping around a Sadie Hawkins dance. Before that, I aged my character's look a bit, because everyone made fun of me saying my character looked like a teenager who was supposed to be in his 30s.

Basically, the vast majority of feedback I've heard has come in ugly packaging, but I'm an adult, and I have hair on my chest and balls, so I know how to be the editor of that message, trim it down, and take the valuable substance. When I joined the OCW, I was told EXPLICITLY BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE, that the rest of the roster was mostly the same. Apparently, I was fucking lied to.

de7fe5a74875311b05346aba8e534168.gif

http://ocwfed.tv/recapppv/Awards%202k18/UpdateOTY18.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you missed his point, to be honest, but I like the fact you break down your feels. Criticism can come in ugly packaging, but it needs to have some sort of constructive point. It's like if someone said to me "I don't like what you're doing" I'd be less inclined to change it as that's about as broad as a barn... Whereas if they said "I don't like what you're doing with (thing)" it gives me something to look at.

That's just my take, and as an adult I've tried to give co-workers feedback, and yeah, sometimes being constructive works, and sometimes "No, you don't fucking do that" works... Everyone's different and it's about finding a happy medium.

Edit: Fuck Cody Storm

spacer.png

The thing is though, you have to root through the ball breaking which precedes any statement of value in the OCW and then take the criticism for what it is. Have people addressed me in the last month without first insulting me by calling me Jobby, or going back further, I've been called Booby for probably four months. Yet instead of sticking my fingers in my ears and LA LA LAing my way through everything, I address it head on, for better or worse, and more often than not, the criticism I address does end up being for the better.

I just think a lot of the constructive criticism gets taken as Aries said, as an insult so it's ruled out... but that is a bitchmade way to stumble through life. If you write off everything someone says because it was negative you will never learn anything about yourself, ever. I believe that as a fact and I will die on that hill.

In the past on here I've talked about people's self defense mechanisms, the ability to shut down at the sight of any criticism, and that is a real thing. Read into it. Ego monsters aren't just braggarts like Brennan or Dan, Ego is a very real thing that even the meekist will hide behind.

My point as a counter to what Aries was saying, is that feedback is being ignored and at times, philibustered out, with or without an insult wrapped around it, because weak people view any criticism as a negative attack on them or what they are doing, and those people need to grow the fuck up in a hurry.

de7fe5a74875311b05346aba8e534168.gif

http://ocwfed.tv/recapppv/Awards%202k18/UpdateOTY18.png

The thing is though, you have to root through the ball breaking which precedes any statement of value in the OCW and then take the criticism for what it is. Have people addressed me in the last month without first insulting me by calling me Jobby, or going back further, I've been called Booby for probably four months. Yet instead of sticking my fingers in my ears and LA LA LAing my way through everything, I address it head on, for better or worse, and more often than not, the criticism I address does end up being for the better.

I just think a lot of the constructive criticism gets taken as Aries said, as an insult so it's ruled out... but that is a bitchmade way to stumble through life. If you write off everything someone says because it was negative you will never learn anything about yourself, ever. I believe that as a fact and I will die on that hill.

In the past on here I've talked about people's self defense mechanisms, the ability to shut down at the sight of any criticism, and that is a real thing. Read into it. Ego monsters aren't just braggarts like Brennan or Dan, Ego is a very real thing that even the meekist will hide behind.

My point as a counter to what Aries was saying, is that feedback is being ignored and at times, philibustered out, with or without an insult wrapped around it, because weak people view any criticism as a negative attack on them or what they are doing, and those people need to grow the fuck up in a hurry.

Eventually we'll discuss RIOT instead of Leons periods.

spacer.png

• Administrators
Leon RUINS ERETHING!
  • Mark Out! 1
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen