spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

Turmoil 214

Nate Ortiz

RUDO’S TOP TEN TURMOIL TAKEAWAYS:

This show was awesome top to bottom, really enjoyed the show so well done to everyone. There was too much to fit into 10 slots but know I enjoyed the whole damn show.

1) QUARTZ IS HERE BAYBAY! Trash arrives on Turmoil. This opens up a whole new series of feuds and partnership possibilities for Turmoil and is a welcome shake-up in my opinion.

2) So now we have another incarnation for DB – “The Big Red Machine” Randy Scurll? Appearance change yet again and then the ending clip confused the shit outta me; is Bournistico over now? Why did Bourne use the corner fire pyro? Could’ve cut that from the end and still get the angle over for the shoving contest. I dunno it just felt super disconnected, as well as no RP’s to follow up or explain it.

3) The mischief of Scumciety continues as they deface company property to block out and nullify the broadcasting booth for Austin. Retirement has not gone to plan so far for Lee, #sed.

4) Nomad is done with the snowflake generation and is vowing to bring back the Old Country ways to OCW. He goes in and drops some little tid-bits of history and legendary names. At Devil’s Night I guess we’ll see if he can put those words of taking over into practice against the OCW Heavyweight Champion – New Country vs. Old Country.

5) If I could fast forward to this seasons award ballot, my pick for Most Improved would be Rust Cohle. I feel like he’s come into his own with a unique look, a great tag team partner, is now part of TTT, and his stick skills have gotten a lot better. He held his own against the number one contender for sure. Good stuff.

6) TLB puts Bournistico on notice with threats against the team. Bourne vs. TLB in a hardcore match?

7) Terra continues to make her presence known on Turmoil, and with a run in with Johnny and Dragana I can only assume it’s only a matter of time before she starts taking on the women of Turmoil in in-ring competition.

8) So it seems AWOL have put any jealousy or tension behind them and are back on the same page.

9) B Community bring the lols with a chase scene turned erotic kidnap attempt. I’m liking that the group RP’s together and has done so at least once a show since the start of the season (I think) while still having their own stuff going on.

10) KD and H20 teaming up to combat TTT? This makes me wonder who else will join the resistance and turn this from 2 vs 4 to 4 vs. 4...hmmmm...

RPOTN: I’m trying not to pick these based on writing talent alone but the impact it leaves on me regardless, and on this show it was Nomad’s “Fuck Everyone” promo. Just felt it, like he really just gives no fucks who he has to fight, he’ll stick to his guns and go in with both hands swinging.

MOTN: ME, no contest. This shit was tight yo. Such a great contest and down to the wire, it could’ve been a PPV ME. Drago’s RP earlier in the night built the tension but both guys went HAM after that bell rang. Good shit.

• Mark Out! 9

My image don't load no mo so fuck it.

dqRLTuq

TURMOIL 214 NOTES: IS BAM MARGERA DEAD?

- Sparks does the usual rookie promo. Decent writing, but nothing we’ve seen before. I’d say play up the “handsome” angle and brag about how good you look, as well as telling opponents “not the face!”

- Had to google what a “tannoy” was. Bloody foreigners.

- This is the second person Wrex has put in a box. Awesome heel work as usual, best story going on turmoil IMO

- Nomad makes a statement, albeit the same statement most legend promos do. KIDS THESE DAYS, DAMMIT, GET OFF MY LAWN. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE. Not like I disagree on the PC stuff, but is OCW really PG enough to warrant these kinds of promos? If the current era is sanitized compared to what came before, I can only imagine what concerned moms thought about it back then.

- Valkyrie finally gets an opponent that doesn’t want to mortally injure her.

- Capo is hilarious, he just reminds me of that SOMEBODY TOUCH MA SPAGGETT meme. Can work well as heel or face, cause you just gotta turn up the arrogance to switch from one to the other. Quartz and him both get along despite Capo being maybe face… peas of a pod drink together?

- Alright, this one with Nomad and CQC is definitely better. Laughed at the “dick in mouth” line. Surprised he didn’t clobber the annoying bastards, but I suppose that’s coming up!

- Valk sorta heels out on Moore by kicking her ass offstage to redo her entrance. Big timed.

- Jackman continues being a socially awkward weirdo, even in comparison to Flojo. Loved the Magnum PI joke. I feel like Code would definitely get voted “most likely to shoot up a school” in an OCW survey.

- HUSTLE PARTICLES are polluting the atmosphere, don’tchya know. More serious promo from Drago than usual… at least after the goat part.

- I almost want to boo Terra because UGH HIPPIES but she’s too nice. Remember kids, we’re all fucked anyway because the majority of pollution comes from businesses, but recycling helps you get karma points for New Game Plus.

- Good match between Nomad and Rust. Rust had some bad reversal choices and unfortunate whiffs in the beginning but caught up and nearly won if Nomad hadn’t reversed his finisher and replied with his own. One moonwalk by Nomad and boy did they both like to use kendo sticks, but good overall.

- Jehst must have been hungry writing this promo. Them George R.R. Martin/Brian Jacques food descriptions. Oh, and did anyone else assume the worst when Archer came and grabbed Elsa? I hope it's nothing... under the table... if you know what I mean.

- Lee puts us over. Thank you baybee!

- CYKA BLYAT ADIDAS MATCHKA. Or something.

- Big main event, with a similar story to last time except the comeback isn’t as pronounced and Drago manages a win after double Adidas Adjustments. Good match, didn’t blow my mind but the best part was definitely the start with all the lockups, then Aries taunting and getting bopped in the nose for it. Felt like a real match for a sec. Wish you could choose to do lockups later in a match, or a test of strength or something.

giphy.gif

• Mark Out! 4