Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Riot 516

Newb Rookie Doc Green will become famous soon enough
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 82 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post

Telos vs Doc Green
    Unlike Antonio Everett matches, I just hate watching Doc Green's matches. I've mentioned his constant rushing in previous reviews, and TO BE FAIR, he seemed to not do it as much this game, but I just don't like watching matches where one or both sides do running moves a strong majority of their knockdowns. Just a preference. That being said, Doc is DAMN good on the sticks and I wish nothing but the best for him because he's putting in a lot of effort. As for Telos, he needs a better understanding of the game. He doesn't seem to grasp damage optimization and backpays, which hurts him BAD in the long game. I hope everyone is enjoying the Dillinger addition to his character, I know I am.
    I fully see where you're coming from with my matches, for me now it's a bit embarrassing looking back at my play style but as I said on discord it's great that you picked up on it because I did too. With the match against Telos, my focus was trying to optimise the chances I had rather than creating new ones cheaply. I like to think of Doc's speed now as a stylistic feature of his character, rather than something to be exploited. ANYWAY, that's enough about me so let's get on with the notes I made for this week's Riot:

1. Bourne vs Steel could've done with an RP or some kind of progression for either or both of their characters. I like Bourne's look, but it's changed so much already this season and it seems like he's put on 30 lbs since the start of the season. I'm cool with the changes, but it could really do with an explanation.

2. Arsehole Quartz is an arsehole, can't help but give love to Rust though. Really hope he doesn't fly under the radar with TTT with the dominant characters of the other three, love you Frenchy!

3. Bobby Minio will forever be the standard bearer of RP work in OCW. He just has that Italian American sleezeball appeal (so does Capo) that I absolutely love. I'm sure you don't need another rook licking your dick but it's really worth noting how good this man really is at writing. TAKE NOTES ROOKS, I know I have been.

4. H2O vs Cobra - Great to see H2O pick up a win to hopefully get him back on track for the future. Feel like the Anniversary Show kind of derailed a lot of his momentum coming into this season but love to see him back on top with a decisive victory.

5. P3 and TTT go head-to-head to see who can have the most fantastically bat-shit insane segment in the lead-up to their presumed match at Devil's Night. This really worked for the tag feud, but I was hoping to see a bit more from the World Title feud which I assume will be Nomad v Kass in the main event at Devil's Night, aside from the really cool promo Kass cut on this show they've really only been calling each other juvenile names and Rust was fed to the wolves against him on Turmoil. I enjoy the whole New Generation vs Old Generation thing going on, and hopefully something big is planned for the go-home show to really sell this match for me. Ironically, I have faith in the guys to pull it off!

6. A fantastic war of words between Booby and Cort. This again had the feel of a match we all had no idea we really wanted to see, and I sincerely hope this isn't the last time we see these absolute magicians on the mic go head to head.

7. Heather Angelo is LITERALLY Satan spawn. That's one way to get Valkyrie even more over than she is as a babyface. Thoroughly enjoying this feud, such perfect polar opposites a lot like Valk and Stixx were oh so long ago.

8. As I mentioned briefly before, this was a really good, short promo which whether purposefully or not lead on really well from the Valk/Heather bit. This had a really good religious sermon-esque feel to it which I can very much tell you have refined as you have been doing the Kasstianity schtick. Here, I found myself rooting for Kass since this really is Heel vs Heel as the message was short, sweet and powerful. Hoping for more of this on the go home show.

9. The main event lived up so much to the expectation I had from reading the pre match promo. Hats off, enough said.

P.S I'm going to try and do these more often, I tend to make brief notes as I read the shows and I think I wrote them up one time before the end of last season. Thank you to Quartz for some really good feedback from my match on this show, and this was another decent one with some outstanding bits.

Overall Grade(???): 7.5/10

2. The Following 9 Users Marked the hell out to Doc Green For This Awesome Post:

Bloom (1 Week Ago), Bobby Minio (1 Week Ago), Cort Marshall (1 Week Ago), Drago Cesar (1 Week Ago), Hard2Obtain (1 Week Ago), Kassidy Hayes (1 Week Ago), RustCohle (1 Week Ago), Tiberius Dupree (1 Week Ago), Valkyrie (1 Week Ago)

Cer Ti Fied Kasshole V.I.P Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes is a splendid one to behold Kassidy Hayes's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 884 Times in 448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Green View Post
    hopefully something big is planned for the go-home show to really sell this match for me. Ironically, I have faith in the guys to pull it off!

Don't get your hopes up

4. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Kassidy Hayes For This Awesome Post:

Bobby Minio (1 Week Ago), Doc Green (1 Week Ago)

Newb Rookie Doc Green will become famous soon enough
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 82 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassidy Hayes View Post
    Don't get your hopes up
    Lol, that's a shame. Hopefully the match is good at least.

Thread Information