TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

Actually I spoke to H2O about doing the rematch prolly a day after Devils Night. Spitballed a few ideas, but he was adamant that people were "desperate to see" Kass vs H2O at CG. So I found a plan b.

It's not my fault that, fast forward a month, you've gone from having THE HOTTEST FEUD IN ALL THE LAND to jerking the curtain in a match nobody wants to see. That's just bad execution on your guys' part.

By all means in no way this is Kass’s fault. Both Pugh and Kass are right. I just dropped the ball on execution. I read the reviews of each riot prior to CG and acted on them instead of the angle.

They said our team wasn’t cohesive and we became cohesive.

Sometimes you can answer things without saying a word in a rp. Obviously didn’t work. Pugh called for a rematch. Ignored him flat out and issued Kass a rematch and next riot he responded. I tried to show that Fame has no power and this was the one thing H2O and Kassidy Hayes actually agreed with but that too was poorly executed.

Lessons are to be learned here for me. My big boy pants are on and ready to move on.

• Mark Out! 2

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valkyrie seems like the young impressionable girl torn between the strict good nature Christian boy (H2O) and the cigarette smoking, mortorcyle riding bad boy (Kassidy).

They say they aren’t fighting over her, but it seems like a deciding factor lol. But I want to see the winner try to reclaim their belt, wether Pugh or the Rookie upstart has the belt.

But will H2O be willing to destroy the kids dream by taking it back? I know Kassidy won’t, he’ll kill it in the name of Kasstianity.

Interesting.

• Mark Out! 4

- Tyson has a nice ent but I think he might be a rapist. Who calls people lunchmeat? A rapist, that’s who. Telos the giant coward immediately goes for a chair… why? Drops it in the ring and then leaves… WHY? Lotta thirst in that 3 way, Tre was the only one observing the ethics of waiting until someone has gotten up and faced you to fight them--a multiman reset, essentially. Not in the rules but it’s what’s cool to do, don’tcha know.

- RP with Nice Rust, Female Rust and Regular Rust. Aisu has a match at supershow. Not too interested in this alt--it’s nice to see him play face, but I think I woulda just had Zoe as the face alt. Easier to focus on just one character rather than two who occupy similar spaces.

- The Merch Wars continue! The capitalist in me shivers.

- Aw shit Quartz and Rust have finally had enough. Great promo, lots of energy. Not gonna let FAME hold them down but still explicitly heel.

- I’m laughing imagining Drago’s aneurysm face. And also the brick. And also this:

Drago: We invite MatsudAaAaaAaAA! But once again he ruin thing and we find other Asian.

There is always another asian! Ask Hollywood, you switch ‘em and nobody notices.

- Handicap match was…. a match. Hard for those to be good.

- Dragana buries even injuries! Back in action soon?

- Nice hype video with Bray and TLBS bar a couple audio issues and confusing moments; Blacksmith has almost turned face out of pure DETERMINATION!

- H2O being a bit heel again. Welllll, it's the medium show.

- Scumstico has a gud theme and attire. MC SHIEK O. Poor guy got wafflestomped during the match, Drago got to showcase every single move including just knocking his ass out on his feet with one punch… Mistico couldn’t catch a break. Trust me, I know the feel.

- Decent promo from Saturn, though I would have had him physically threaten Jim himself--there’s no way he’d have pull over staffers yet. Classic heel with the “It’s not rotten…

IT’S WORSE!!!” line.

- Nice titantron. And better attire on Terra than before. Great promo IMO, keeping the kindness angle but finally standing up for JUSTICE. I predict an extra shot of that in the women’s division in the coming weeks…

- Mistico might be bad guy… but that does not mean he bad guy? Drago’s right, it IS kinda weird. I assume the Scumciety pairing was sort of an emergency “next reliable guy” one.

- Poor Kass… that table fucked him on the sunset bomb off the ropes. And on the regular one after the nutshot. Truly, “I am the table” persists even in the videogames. All it would take is one clothesline/rope move while they were on those ropes… both men hit inside moves though. Whoops! Good match, Kass had the advantage super hard most of the time, and the ending took a bit too long to get to.

- Great stuff between Bobby and Dupree, seems to be the men’s ME stuff on Riot with the most direction right now. History and a good basic setup. Gonna be a banger match!

- Valk sure loves that same repeated royalty free guitar track. Just dub in some crowd noise! Great promo though, laying it on a li’l thick with how much of a GOOD PERSON she is and how EVERYONE IS AGAINST HER… then JCS turns the mic off. Keeps making me question who’s right. Good line with the bedroom joke. They’re really getting at each other’s throats!

- CROWN OF THORNS, FEET OF CLAY! Jehst is always a writer with a talent in slick wordplay. Capo’s been in and out, but a good build heading into PPV handicapped by IRL situations.

- Jay lets Quartz off the cowboy hook. Thank god. Anyone else wearing denim is a threat to my gimmick.

- H2O texts a mystery man. Maybe it’s another one of his future selves, Or Jake from State Farm.

- Matsuda’s theme is hype as fuck. Ent too. Lame that he isn’t actually playing himself tho. Taunt to get bodied! Sneaky fucker diving inside the ring between his legs on that axe-handle. Nice Imugenation spots. Win for Notsuda after the expected 20 minute spotfest.

- Great ending segment. Exciting, big moment and a big opportunity for Doc Green to do the rookie dream and grab that gold at pay-per-view. Jay has had enough of FAME, cracks show in the alliance, and lots of heated exchanges. Top quality writing of each character.

BUT! What I said in chat still stands. I find it odd that we have this big overarching heel faction--and that’s what it is, I don’t care if Pugh wants to grab the thesaurus and claim it’s AKSHUALLY some other similar word. But I find it odd that we have this faction, right? Perfectly poised to be resisted by his old foe at the head of his own team… with the meddling hands of Kass and Spider taking advantage any way they can in team number 3… but instead we get each group playing in their own side of the sandbox for the past month, seemingly little communication between them.

Minio with Dupree, and Doc with Pugh are the only members of OCW to meaningfully interact against this huge threat. We started with TTT, Inception and FAME in a 3-way promo, poised to clash, but again… instead of changing the face of the sandbox they all sat in their corners and started something else.

So now after a month of fiddling around, Pugh’s holeshot is to grab a rookie and feud with them, have Sensation reveal that he was never really on their side, and sow tensions in the group. That’s all well and good, it’s still HOT, but it just feels like it bypassed the entire first part of what should have happened. FAME arrive, wreck house, OCW unites, easily or not, and THEN you show the cracks and have them be the turning point. Instead it feels like we just had them hit the EMERGENCY FEUD MAKER button with Doc and have Ortiz as backup.

And Harvey and Kass fight again, which is something I would have saved for after the FAME angle is done, with Kass re-establishing as top heel. Or maybe at a vulnerable moment during an alliance of need. Harvey/Kass can still be a draw, it was just the wrong build. Kassidy hasn’t really interacted with or tried to pull in Valk much… nor interacted with Harvey much… H2O just fought his own inner demons and then suddenly kinda dropped in and went “Hey I’m fighting Kass, grr.”

And the Doc hotshot also affects CQC, with them fighting the #2 contenders with Inception instead of Uncrowned. All well and good, still a face team--and Inception could definitely use the prestige boost of holding the tag titles--but it kinda kneecaps the (good) build between CQC and Uncrowned. I’m sure they can go back to it, I guess? Doc comin out with 3 belts like Ultimo Dragon? :cool:

No hard feelings against Doc or anything, please don’t try to make this a jealousy thing--I’m sure it’ll be a great match and it’ll certainly make people excited to see the PPV--but it feels like a hotshotted emergency moment rather than a crescendo.

- Turmoil, on the other hand, has some dead ringers right now with Trance/Wrex and Bray/Blacksmith. Women’s division is going strong with the multilayered Valk/Moore/etc angle involving and benefitting tons of characters and being IMO the #2 feud behind Wrex and Trance. The comes Minio/Dupree, which is followed by Bray/TLBS. Code/B17 has had ups and downs but has generally been strong when needed. Pugh/Doc of course COULD be a #1 big time deal, we’ll see when PPV comes, but I don’t want to call it a feud when it was a one-and-done tag match that became a continuing thing at the last minute. If it follows through, though, definitely a draw coming into the next month.

We will see, I guess.

• Mark Out! 12