spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators

Our Hero and Jake fresh off doing the commentary for Certified Greatness (3/31/2019) are drunk and "SHOOTING" the breeze, from the Payback Gate, Putting together matches, the OCW Difference,Riot,Turmoil, Role-plays, Certified Greatness and Wreslution talk. So grab a drink...because we did!

newdesk.jpg

• Mark Out! 6
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Back to the Action Era

I think we found our answer.

• Mark Out! 1

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Administrators
You know what else the last few riots had in common? No commentary, jay or jamie is running riot :thinking face:

Jay is me? is there another jay? WHO IS IT!

WHO IS TRYING TO USURP KASS? TELLL ME!

http://i.imgur.com/oMvBPUy.gif

• Mark Out! 1
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Concerning Commentary:

Some people are naturals on commentary --they just know the product, front to back; they know the players and their backgrounds; so on and so forth... but even they, typically, prepare for commentary.

1.) Research. If you're just doing one match, then this is pretty easy --just read-up on their RP's and matches from the previous shows/events. Even if it's just the latest show.

2.) Talking points and banter. If you've already done research, this will be easier. Write down some talking points, concerning the match or players. Include topics for banter or selling a gimmicks.

- Player A hit former tag partner in balls last week

- Player B hates snakes

- Player B was former US Champion

3.) Selling. If you've done 1.) and 2.) you can now use this info to sell gimmicks (yours and players) and create fun banter. For example, if you favor Player A, even though he's a heel , you can make bullet points for possible comments to make...

- Speaking of dropping the ball --Glad to see that Player A got rid of the dead weight that was his former tag partner last week.

- I mean, what kind of a man puts himself in a snake pit like OCW if they're afraid of snakes? A dumb, one if you ask me.

- Player B may have been a former US Champion, but if it were up to me, he'd be labeled as a traitor and his reign would be stricken from the record books.

These possible comments also sets up your partner to defend the other Player or simply make a quick bit of banter.

3.) Don't ramble on (short n' sweet sentences) or try to force you're way in. If the situation naturally comes up, or if you need filler, then there you go. Don't cut people off just to sneak in your witty comments.

4.) Describe what's going on. You don't have to describe every single thing, but try to describe who's in control or if momentum changes and so on.

5.) Energy/Enthusiasm. So, there IS some "acting" that is involved with commentary... unless you're seriously that much of a fan that you, legit, lose your shit with every spot... but even that can get annoying.

Just show some excitement or interest. If people feel that the commentary guy already jumped ship, why would they stay on for the rest of the ride?

• Mark Out! 4

Concerning Commentary:

Some people are naturals on commentary --they just know the product, front to back; they know the players and their backgrounds; so on and so forth... but even they, typically, prepare for commentary.

1.) Research. If you're just doing one match, then this is pretty easy --just read-up on their RP's and matches from the previous shows/events. Even if it's just the latest show.

2.) Talking points and banter. If you've already done research, this will be easier. Write down some talking points, concerning the match or players. Include topics for banter or selling a gimmicks.

- Player A hit former tag partner in balls last week

- Player B hates snakes

- Player B was former US Champion

3.) Selling. If you've done 1.) and 2.) you can now use this info to sell gimmicks (yours and players) and create fun banter. For example, if you favor Player A, even though he's a heel , you can make bullet points for possible comments to make...

- Speaking of dropping the ball --Glad to see that Player A got rid of the dead weight that was his former tag partner last week.

- I mean, what kind of a man puts himself in a snake pit like OCW if they're afraid of snakes? A dumb, one if you ask me.

- Player B may have been a former US Champion, but if it were up to me, he'd be labeled as a traitor and his reign would be stricken from the record books.

These possible comments also sets up your partner to defend the other Player or simply make a quick bit of banter.

3.) Don't ramble on (short n' sweet sentences) or try to force you're way in. If the situation naturally comes up, or if you need filler, then there you go. Don't cut people off just to sneak in your witty comments.

4.) Describe what's going on. You don't have to describe every single thing, but try to describe who's in control or if momentum changes and so on.

5.) Energy/Enthusiasm. So, there IS some "acting" that is involved with commentary... unless you're seriously that much of a fan that you, legit, lose your shit with every spot... but even that can get annoying.

Just show some excitement or interest. If people feel that the commentary guy already jumped ship, why would they stay on for the rest of the ride?

People take commentary for granted without thinking much of what goes into it. With WWE, you have direct input from creative and from Vince while you're working. That would be like the commentary team for OCW having the people involved in the match feeding them factoids via discord throughout the match.

Even outside of WWE or even in traditional sports, the commentary team talks with the talent or the players in the days leading up to the event, so they get fed a lot of lines and content to throw in during the broadcast.

Maybe we should get some sort of blind submission forum leading up to a match where we can offer some tidbits or angles we'd like to see commentary get over during the matches?

• Mark Out! 3

de7fe5a74875311b05346aba8e534168.gif

http://ocwfed.tv/recapppv/Awards%202k18/UpdateOTY18.png

We already ask people send us stuff pertinent to the angle or that will come up during the match--Matsuda's return, for instance, I didn't have warning of so I had no idea who he was. Or why Bray wasn't there to help Beta, since that was explained in an RP. But yeah, I'd appreciate any info the people feel is necessary to get across.
  • Mark Out! 1