spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

ThirstCAST Episode 3: Dark Days, Brighter Tomorrow's

Mr.Sensation

The feuds discussion was the most interesting on here. It's tough because, at least a lot of the people I tend to interact with, are not big fans of spoilers, so it can be hard to coordinate things at the level you'd suggest during the discussion. I've had JAY screech at me for spoiling stuff to him over the years, for example.

I think OCW both benefits and suffers from it's hybrid status in the sense that, we are limited in some ways by the competitive aspect because it can have a big impact on your storyline development.

Personally, I feel I've proven that there are ways to work around losing matches and I've managed to build heat during losing streaks but it's tough and the manner in which you lose a match can be more damaging than the outcome itself. There's plenty of characters I'd introduce or storylines I'd love to explore but I simply can't do that because I can't back it up reliably in the ring. There are feud trajectories I'd like to explore but that can be compromised by the in-ring aspect too.

For the last few years I've mostly let feuds develop naturally, I think most of the people I've worked with can confirm that. Most of the time I just get booked with someone, we have a fun build leading up to the match and then we decide to run it for a few weeks or months, and then I just have certain storyline beats for my character that I plan on hitting over the course of a few months that I work into it. I find it a lot more difficult to plot things out long term with other people because there are so many moving parts and I personally don't enjoy being at the mercy of other people's whims for my storylines. These things change, people get new ideas or change directions and relying on other feuds for your own trajectory can be a recipe for disappointment.

I don't know that my "organic" style of finding feuds is better or worse than other styles but it's really what has worked best for me and my writing style and my approach.

Super late, but the organic style has been the most effective and enjoyable part of OCW for me since I've joined. This is the blueprint I try to teach rookies as they're coming in, while some of them are still confused by staff not handing them a feud or them not needing to plan something out from start to finish in a scripted sense, the key here is "OCW is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

Cort mentioned this a few times in various mediums, but it's one reason it's hard to be a traditional "monster" character in OCW, because if you lose, you don't really have my loss protections like they would in real wrestling.

I believe this style is the most enjoyable as well for the handler, even if you're very good at the game, because it makes your life so much easier and you still get surprised yourself in the moment. All you have to do to succeed in this frame is put out just a small amount of effort. RP on your show and build your character every week and things will come naturally.

• Mark Out! 3

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png