+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Bling Bling Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,377 Times in 521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugh View Post
    I dont understand what "Its the meta" means, but is mid animation attacking "the meta"?
    When I was first getting into OCW I was told that the meta was basically to be unpredictable, mix up your timing, make it harder to reverse. Seems like attacking mid animation would be that concept honestly.

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,387 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Minio View Post
    Yes, I'd take you to hoot court for running your yap, I'd make sure you were forced to represent yourself as your own legal council, and you would lose with the verdict being that Jay gets to fart on your pillow bare assed so you get pink eye.
    Luckily I didn't complain. Hate to see what would happen to Valk for doing it.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

Bling Bling Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio has much to be proud of Bobby Minio's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,377 Times in 521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
    Luckily I didn't complain. Hate to see what would happen to Valk for doing it.
    Valk has plot armor so likely very little. You however are like OCW's Sam Rockwell from Galaxy Quest. You are a redshirt who lived long enough to be upgraded to series regular.

4. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Bobby Minio For This Awesome Post:

B-17 (2 Weeks Ago), Valkyrie (2 Weeks Ago)

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of B-17 has much to be proud of
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,387 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Minio View Post
    Valk has plot armor so likely very little. You however are like OCW's Sam Rockwell from Galaxy Quest. You are a redshirt who lived long enough to be upgraded to series regular.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

6. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to B-17 For This Awesome Post:

Bobby Minio (2 Weeks Ago), Cort Marshall (2 Weeks Ago)

Unstoppable Member V.I.P Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold Michael Morrison is a splendid one to behold
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,797 Times in 717 Posts
    DUPREE(85) vs EVERRETT*(220)
    I really enjoyed this match as it has a lot going for it. You got a legend in Dupree; an impressive new star in Everrett, and championship gold on the line in the form of the prestigious LHW Title --highly coveted due to the impressive run by Drago. You combine this with the fact that both characters are so well designed and carry that X-Factor everyone talks about, and you have a winning combination for sure.

You could tell that Everrett was playing to win while Dupree treated the match like it was a standard exhibition. I’m sure Dupree had nothing to prove at that point, and it kinda showed, as he stayed cool and collective for most of the match, never really showing desperation or panic, even when it became obvious --even to the commentators-- how difficult it was to gain momentum against the eager Everrett.

I was quite shocked when Dupree kicked out of Everrett’s first finisher, but in a good way, as I wasn’t ready for the match to end either. This makes me wish I could have seen Dupree, from a few years ago, vs today’s Doc; but, all-in-all a very solid match. I enjoyed Everretts energy and Dupree’s classy charisma. Good job, guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAXWALE(60) vs MINIO*(70)
    I probably have to watch it again, as I couldn’t tell if this was a case of knowing each other too well, or just a major clash in styles. The match felt a bit slow and I found myself focusing more on the commentary at times.

This may have not been my most anticipated match at R2G, but I was interested in seeing if Maxwale’s style, of locking-on-the-legs, would be effective against a Minio ... or if Minio would hold on to his first title since joining OCW; so there was definitely some hype prior to the match. I just wished it showcased their skills a bit better.

Like I said, sometimes, two styles just clash or create a scenario where the best strategy is just a straight path. Can’t really fault anyone for that. Congrats to Bobby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B17(375) vs WREX*(275)
    This match was amazing. I can usually depend on Wrex to put on a good show, and B17 is a horse of a different color(s), who tends to pull out all the stops. This match was no exception as Wrex “The Walking Wrecking Ball” defended his CCW Heavyweight Championship against OCW’s favorite odd number: B17.

A good amount of spots in this one, with great reversals concerning Finishers and so on. I was worried that it was coordinated, but there were enough little “woopsy daisy” moments that made me believe it was a legit battle.

In the end (no pun intended) B17 pulled ahead (once again, no pun intended) with a number of successful high-risk moves and some brutal Bingo combos. Wrex was able to provide some devastating rebuttals (damn these non puns) of his own, but I think B17’s passion ran a bit hotter this time around as he squeezed out the victory ... ( --.--)

Would love to see a rematch, of course. Both characters are solid and defined, and while Wrex has always been a monster on the stix, B17 (especially as of late) has just been improving with each showing, so I’m not surprised to see him with gold.

Fantastic match, gentleman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUGH(330) vs GREEN*(195)
    Another great match. Not usually one for stip matches when it comes to titles, but I always liked the concept of 2-out-of-3 as it removes any doubt concerning the winner ... at least until I screw it all up.

Doc walks away with the two pinfalls over Pugh’s one; thus, retaining his OCW Heavyweight title; however, Pugh does what he does best: losing with style. Pugh collected a pile of points during this match-up and created some great moments --that turnbuckle dive fake-out into a chop had me rolling along with Jay and Jake-- while Doc made a few moments of his own --like when he hit another finisher right after securing the first pinfall and almost ended the match with back-to-back pins. I would have popped, for sure.

Everything about this match felt like a Lution Match to me. The build was there, the tension was there, the commentary was on point; the match was long, but I didn’t even notice because I was so enveloped.

Deep down, I wanted Doc to win, but I love to hate Pugh, so it creates this weird paradox where I really wouldn’t mind if either won, but I was still invested in the outcome --like watching a good SuperBowl game with neither of your teams involved.

8. The Following 4 Users Marked the hell out to Michael Morrison For This Awesome Post:

B-17 (1 Week Ago), Benji Moore (1 Week Ago), Cort Marshall (1 Week Ago), Kuma Empire (1 Week Ago)

Thread Information