+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turmoil 233

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler RustCohle has a spectacular aura about RustCohle has a spectacular aura about RustCohle's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 176 Times in 100 Posts
    Maybe
    2 x OCW Riot Tag Team Champion

1x CCW Tag Team Champion

FIRST EVER REIGNING DEFENDING UNDISPUTED OCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION

C
    Q

C

Decent Member Wrestler Code Jackman has a spectacular aura about Code Jackman has a spectacular aura about Code Jackman's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 148 Times in 48 Posts
    I did enjoy the first match between mantis vs asher. There was a lot of great spots and potential spots that could have happened.

BUT.....

Please if its a show opener don't make it 20 minutes. Treat it as if it's a two-hour show. You open and supposed to have a 10-15 match and it exceeds which it did then you have to trim minutes off the next matches. If you screw up in the first match you might have screwed up the entire night.

It's like we have to send people out back to interfere so the ref can call the match.

1x CCW Champion
    2x Turmoil Tag Team Champion

3. The Following User Marked Out to Code Jackman For This Amazing Post:

Cort Marshall (2 Weeks Ago)

Decent Member Wrestler Code Jackman has a spectacular aura about Code Jackman has a spectacular aura about Code Jackman's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 148 Times in 48 Posts
    Also, the highlight of turmoil was in viewing party with gooch sleeping.

1x CCW Champion
    2x Turmoil Tag Team Champion

5. The Following 3 Users Marked the hell out to Code Jackman For This Awesome Post:

Cort Marshall (2 Weeks Ago), Justin Jehst (2 Weeks Ago), Lotus FloJo (2 Weeks Ago)

Post Whore V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall is a glorious beacon of light Cort Marshall's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 526 Times in 159 Posts
    So I think from now on I'll mostly be doing quick run-throughs as full reviews suck the soul out of my ass with a straw--whatever's left after work, that is. So for highlights, I wanna bring up a few promos.

-- Jehst's promo was very well-done--simple, old school, pre-match hype. But what makes it good is the cadence, the figures of speech, the rhyming. You can hear the rhythm in his writing, like a real promo. That's one of the things I always try and do--read my stuff out loud, or imagine it in my head, and see if it would fit in my idea of a wrestling show. (Personally I imagine interviews in that sexy old NWA WCW set...) Jehst does this well.

-- Same with Reese's, simple, sets up the match and the attitudes going in.

-- Good match too. Jehst is really casual on taking advantage with damage and reversals, he's just kinda like EH I MIGHT hit him for big damage... or do a couple moves... no sweat... great moveset and look though, and that goes for both men.

-- I really like Parker's look but FIX DA TRON BABY. GLACIER DESERVES BETTER.

-- Joopiter also cuts a really good one, he's kind of the mirror to what I'm trying for Cort's character to be--Joop is a nihilist driven to evil acts to try and get people to see their own sins, Cort is a Libertarian who doesn't give a fuck about what's happening because he can personally benefit/has been screwed before. Being slept on because he's one of Jake's 8000 alts, and I think people tend to care less about a character when we know they're "just" a secondary, who can disappear without consequences, rather than a main people kinda have to keep.

-- Not so sold on the kidnapping storyline, as well as the Terra getting assaulted angle, they're kind of... a shade darker than wrestling typically thrives at, you know? Usually the face gets beaten down in a way that they can still promo--Dusty Rhodes was never concussed into a coma by Arn Anderson. As others have said, when the potential instigator of the angle is death or IRL kidnapping... the blowoff match is always less important. On the other hand, the women's division is still nicely cross-involved with one another, leading to natural-ish reasons to feud. For instance, Flojo now has Heather and Empress to personally want to fight, and will be dragged into whatever Valkyrie is by association--she now has a purpose other than mope and snore in VC!

-- Johnny Law does noir very well. Just needs to add the word "dame."

-- Wrex V Rust wasn't quite as good as I expected, but what a surprise at the end. Pugh's become some sort of rabid mid-2000's Ric Flair, aware he hasn't got it anymore but willing to go to lengths to resist the end of his career... I'm sure it will be a great storyline, and I'm also sure anytime Wrex says anything Pugh will be there to breathe "I'll let you in on a little secret... I dragged yoo to the greatest feud of your existence... boot WHY?"

7. The Following 9 Users Marked the hell out to Cort Marshall For This Awesome Post:

Antonio Everrett (2 Weeks Ago), Doc Green (2 Weeks Ago), Drago Cesar (2 Weeks Ago), Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), Justin Jehst (2 Weeks Ago), Kuma Empire (1 Week Ago), Lotus FloJo (2 Weeks Ago), Quartz (2 Weeks Ago), theSolomonCaine (2 Weeks Ago)

Post Whore Wrestler Lotus FloJo is a jewel in the rough Lotus FloJo is a jewel in the rough Lotus FloJo is a jewel in the rough Lotus FloJo's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 282 Times in 109 Posts
    Guess I have my own personal rating system.

Good: Oooooooooo

Bad: Zzzzzzzzzz

9. The Following 5 Users Marked the hell out to Lotus FloJo For This Awesome Post:

Cort Marshall (2 Weeks Ago), Doc Green (2 Weeks Ago), Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), Justin Jehst (1 Week Ago), Quartz (1 Week Ago)

Nitemare Member Wrestler Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 733 Times in 183 Posts
    This show was not tame about quality wrestling promos, but it also had a nice mix of unconventional albeit interesting stuff as well.

I mean shit, that Jehst promo and the Pugh promo. That's how shit is done.

Judge Brown is somehow compelling already as well.

The tag match was underrated, I think. We're all on our seats waiting to see where this goes. The neat RP with the pictures was fun to read while Empress was bullying FloJo and trying to take away her arm to add to her human body part collection.

I won't apologize anymore about not being in the booth this week. Dolph Ziggler jokes aside, Hayden was put in a shit position by me. Thanks to him and Jamie for doing their thing.

Still early in the running for "PPV match I want to see most" but it's going to be hard to top anything Paul Pugh is a part of.

FloJo picking up steam... Nice.

Missing some ROOKIES ON THIS SHOW. Where is Damian Bourne? (Yes I know you're not a rookie, but still.) Where is TY Sparks? Where is Joshua Tucker? Where is Asher? Where is Mantis? Where is Maxx Edwards? Where ARE OUR ROOKIES!? Take this opportunity by the BALLS. You do not have to be booked to put in content. The more you contribute now, the more we care about your matches down the road.

I'm not saying you should just whip your cock out every show and be like "okay here it is", try to be compelling but if you're a FOB, shit man just tell me who you are and tell me why to care.

"BOOT WHY"

Anyway -

MOTN: Jehst vs Reese

SOTN: Paul Pugh returns (Obviously)

PS. We saw a big uptick in "likes" on OCWFEDTV YT Channel this week, let's keep it going. Don't forget to like all of the videos and segments. It takes 5 seconds to speed click through them and do it (or just do it whilst you're watching.)

!cult

Thank you, fuck you, bye.

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

11. The Following 8 Users Marked the hell out to Quartz For This Awesome Post:

Cort Marshall (1 Week Ago), Drago Cesar (1 Week Ago), Hard2Obtain (1 Week Ago), Justin Jehst (1 Week Ago), Kassidy Hayes (1 Week Ago), Kuma Empire (1 Week Ago), Lotus FloJo (1 Week Ago), theSolomonCaine (1 Week Ago)

Cer Ti Fied Kasshole V.I.P Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,008 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    Missing some ROOKIES ON THIS SHOW. Where is Damian Bourne? (Yes I know you're not a rookie, but still.)

he pretty much is, unproven graduate who should be demoted

Thread Information