spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

How dare you ignore page 2, animals

Because in the discord era page 2 comes late as fuck, if ever.

Everyone just talks on Discord.

Also, anyone who scrolls down over a post that looks remotely like Rust's and reads it not expecting spoilers should be ImPACT tested.

• Mark Out! 8

de7fe5a74875311b05346aba8e534168.gif

http://ocwfed.tv/recapppv/Awards%202k18/UpdateOTY18.png

Alright BOIS and GOILS and LIZARDS WEARING THE FLESH OF CONQUERED HUMANOIDS ready to enact THE PLAN. It's 3 am and I'm barely lucid and listening to jpop. I'm just gonna run down quick notes for the matches, and any promo work that went on the stream. Text promos I'll do later.

- Multiman was good. Tushy kick made me laugh. Parker and crew need to realize that aerial attacks on people in animations will do naaaathing 80% of the time. Some nice synchronicity that Boob won same way he did against me at SL--two consecutive fins on different guys. Very good ring awareness to be constantly trying to throw guys out and get a one on one situation--shows confidence in being able to close the deal. For someone who's often been a choker it's a good improvement. Both him and Tre start season with very good momentum.

- That fucking *offbeat drum* THE CHAMP IS HERE theme killed me. Damn you Spider. Jay is too good at improv, that inhaler noise and the aspirin line was great.

- Jehst's theme and attire on point, as expected. Night on and I don't recall much about the promo, just kinda solid I'm Back stuff. Jehsticles is a catchy name.

- Love joop’s ent and theme as well… is that a heavily remixed parabolic hyperflies?

- Saturn has a good theme, kinda WCW horsemen sounding.

- Love the psychology at the start with saturn and jupiter, not what I expected from a rookie. Kind of giving off a Raven-esque "mind games or clinical depression?" vibe. Simply bitching out and walking away (please everyone do not start doing this, spots are better when used sparingly and sensibly) is a classic way to get heat.

- Tribe called quest say the whole thing... you right Jake.

- Good hype from watts but he misspelled UNDEFEATED as UNDEAFTED.

- Rust Cohle’s gimmick is bitching in chat

- Dims looks like the terminator… great return. Oh, wait. He's plugging... some guy. Some guy with a good theme, at least. Has that feel of presence, pretense. A song that says "some guy is here, and he won't be some guy for long." Or maybe he will. NGL I was never sold on Maxwale. Let's hope Elijah Wood succeed ha ha ha

- Hype vid for FI match was incredible. Stop that shit, makes me look bad. Kidding. Obviously.

- Emp looking like maleficent.

- Wow. MOTN so far. Ashley Moore is FAR more competitive in this match than ever before, when she would usually pick up fluke wins in multimans and get dunked on otherwise. And the finish is actual perfection--it's the closest I've seen to a real booked match here in a while. 5 stars? Maybe. Few too many repeated moves for that mebbe.

- Alright we go shoot mode now. When are we gonna say Harvey keeps trying to reform Inception too much, and then it breaks up, but reforms, but not, but we're coming back for real this time you guys. Maybe. Fiddy fiddy. Spot me a dollar, Jim, I need a cab. Shit last season they reformed and then KD turned and Valk left within the space of two microseconds. It's a faction equivalent of Big Show, or the Yeti. Does it exist? We've seen it on video. Ah, here's a footprint. I dunno.

H2O is good on mic, caw creation, and in ring, but if anything needs work it's planning. And is he heel or face? Tweener? Okay, but he's back to smiley good guy here after going angry mode before. In our 4 way he kept trying to sneak pins like a heel... though no titles were on the line. I feel Harvey has heat but his direction is muddled, character seems to kinda change just based on what's needed for this show right now rather than long term consistent.

- Heather's new look is VERY good. 80's metal, biker, something. Very tough badass but with enough theatrics to stand out. Looking forward to her character growth after vanquishing her demon, but still remaining aggressive and assertive.

- TY Sparks should be renamed to T-Die-Sparks cause wow he munches fists like an all-you-can-eat missed reversal buffet. Jay drops that Territory Special™ Mulkey Brothers reference! Yeehaw! Once again better than I expected, though TY has the rookie syndrome of being able to kick out of an earth-wide extinction event but not reverse the 6 moves preceding it. He'll get there. B17 on the other hand misses reversals once a century. Liked how the match devolved into CHAOS a few times. Showed the differences between the teams, Uncrowned bopping in and out like a well oiled machine while B has to bail out Sparks a lot.

- Weird video errors in Jackman/Horse promo segment. Lukewarm on it, kinda feels like guys saying things we've heard before. Boilerplate I guess.

- Jackson MUTED Montgomery is back. I am told this promo was good. I'll give my opinion when I watch the non silent movie version, lol. Great look though.

- FINAL MATCH TIME, and commentary is at it burying fat people, gogurt and Louisiana. Good match, starts a tad slow but gets interesting once tied up. Caine misses so many crucial reversals, it's heartbreaking. Archer wrestles dangerous, often being down revs, relying on changing up his timing to get to his next sequence. Some good moments like the repeatedly caught boots... and especially when Archer was a smart vet and elected to illegally attack caine while the latter was down injured during a reset--because it looks great story wise and wouldn’t make kayfabe sense not to. If he let him sit there it would break the immersion, so he attacked him, minor damage was done, mostly irrelevant to the state of the match--while preserving the illusion. Applause.

Overall a very slick, tight, greased-up and ready-to-rumble show. Not really any BAD spots, really meh at worst. No crazy highs either, other than Emp/Moore and the big returns. But very solid overall, little wasted time, matches that all delivered past my own expectations, some great storyline fuel and so on. People showing promising growth heading into new season.

High points for me are:

- The commentary team: Jay and Jake's improv skills are top shelf, with tons of great gags and avoiding the sometimes-annoying times when Jay falls into caricature and viciously berates one or both match participants for 20 minutes. Puts people over but also makes you laugh.

- All matches at or above expectations. No egregious flaws, good storytelling.

- Production. VIDEOS. Some better than others, but hey, we can't all be FeMMugen.

- Big returns

Best bit: Empress vs. Moore. Honourable mentions to commentary jokes, Caine vs Archer, Jackson "The Mime" Montgomery, and Billy Saturn's surprisingly compelling return after the "HUH???" of a Canadian jailtime stint angle.

Overall I'd give it say, 7/10. Short, brisk, nothing crazy but a very high end PPV for something with no world title matches. A B-PPV gets above B-tier, if you will. If I missed a match or something don't kill me I'm tired as fuck.

• Mark Out! 16

- Jay is too good at improv, that inhaler noise and the aspirin line was great.

This becomes way funnier when you learn the inhaler was not improv, but real.

• Mark Out! 3

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

First Off, It’s good to see everyone back in action. I can’t say I took a break as I was working on several different projects during the downtime. But, it made time fly. Anywho we aren’t here for that let's get down to the review. I’ll try and keep this short. Also, I’ll be skipping over my stuff because no reason to comment on my stuff.

EL Parca PROMO

I think rust probably said all to be said about this. It was a very good babyface promo. Not much else to say just read rust’s comment. Good job Parca.

4-way Video Promo / Match

Promo - I liked some of this video promo. It was very well put together but, just when it felt like the video was getting ready to pick up it just cuts. It’s like riding a rollercoaster and climbing the first hill just to reach the top and it stops. I know the video promos take a while but if you are going to build it like that make sure to have a proper ending.

Match- This was a damn good match. Very one came with their A-game but, Bobby wasn’t messing around this fight he was sitting at zero damage while everyone was in their orange. It was really impressive. I’m not sure if it had to do with so many people just throwing themselves around carelessly with all the springboards and dives out of the ring. One of the best parts of the match was Cobra just walking up and kicking Bobby in the ass. LOL Amazing work by the entire group but, this matched started off looking like a Bobby Win and ended with a Bobby win. – winner Bobby

Extra – Spider coming out to steal Bobby’s thunder after having to fight off 3 other guys to get that win. That so screwed up and I love it. So fucking perfect.

Judge Promo Video

I have nothing against this video. I don’t get the character just yet but, I mean some people in OCW seem to like it. Maybe it’s just me I feel like Solomon Caine should have gotten a promo pushing his match instead of Judge Brown getting the hype.

Jehst Promo Video

Amazing promo was happy to see Jehst wanting to do more than being a background character. I love it when the time is taken to do these types of promos. Like I said I know it takes a lot of time to do this stuff and that extra effort gets some extra love. I for one look forward to seeing more of Jehst doing in-ring stuff. One of the few characters that look good even when losing. Awesome work.

Spider Promo

Spider’s promo comes off as the perfect asshole. This is just me but, I was never fully sure if Bobby was a face or heel or tweener. But, after the spider event and this promo, I can only see Bobby as a face at least while he is fighting spider. Very good promo.

Joopiter vs Saturn Match

First Billy Saturn’s entrance he either was focused or uninterested I get it. It’s just an entrance so I’ll say just really focused. But, the match started kind of weird I get there are head games and heel tactics but, the whole climbing out of the ring the moment that match starts and walking around thing always bugged me. I get if a couple of punches were thrown and you rolled out of the ring and refused to get back in but, at the start of the bell just seems weird to me. Especially when it doesn’t come off like something your character would be doing. Even if you do it at the start I would say do it once and have your opponent come out the ring to get you run back and attack them when they get back in. Not run out again it just wastes time and feels like it’s killing the mood of the match before it even starts. But, with that being said after all the screwing around was done this match got really good. Billy did a good job taking it to Joops. Tring to go for the Count out Win was a genius idea and a mistake because it just seems to piss off Joops. Just when I thought Billy could have this in the bag he made a rookie missing out on an open opportunity during a taunt. – Winner T.M.T.C Joopiter

Drago and Valkyrie Promo

This was stupidly hilarious. Drago trying to play that busted ass game and getting annoyed and Valk still pushing it like it’s going to be the next best thing since sliced bread. I don’t have a lot to say but, one of the best promos on the show. Amazing working by Valk and Drago. Comedy Gold.

Queen of OCW Tournament Video

Great video was happy to see some of the females getting some showtime. Another awesome video by Jake. I love your work.

Leo Grimm Promo

Another promo that Rust did a great job of reviewing so I don’t have much to say about. I want to see where Leo Grimm’s is going at with these promos. My only concern is that his promos are dark with the skinning yourself and everything. Like rust said don’t want to turn into a slasher film.

Poster Video

Happy people like the poster.

Tucker Promo

Rust review this best. Decent promo by Tucker and CQC. Nice to see Tucker putting in some work.

K’Dangelo Video Promo

I thought KD’s vertical videos were weird when I first started I didn’t get it. Don’t get me wrong a lot of the time I still don’t get it. But, something about them gives you the chills. It’s very fitting for KD to the point where I like them. Is KD getting ready to hang up the boots after he runs through Harvey? Will destroy his longtime friend? You have my attention and I can’t wait to find out.

Flojo Promo

Very good promo by Flojo. Happy to see Flojo is still around but, honestly this promo means nothing to me. Even if she somehow wins the Queen of OCW tournament I feel as if she will just get dropped off the scene again. It just seems like Flojo only exists for spots. Diving off stuff but, nothing else. Flojo has had so many opportunities to raise but it seems like Flojo takes a loss and quits putting in work. It was brought up in discord if you are not having fun with the character maybe it’s time to move on and come back to Flojo later. Get it worked out because having you beat someone just to disappear for months is pointless.

Danny Watts Promo Video

Great work on the video. It was little long-winded I would have cut some of the flashback scenes of the matches down a little just to cut the video down maybe 2 mins but, other than that it was good. Awesome work.

Cort Promo

Cort is great at delivering amazing promos and this one just proof of that. I like everything about this promo. Even without the FI Case in his possession Cort makes it seem the case seems important. Amazing work by Cort.

Dimsmore Promo

I’m not familiar with who Dimsmore is but, he’s starting up a combat camp and bring in a new face so can’t wait to see more about that.

Aisu Promo

Good short and to the point promo by Aisu. A lot of eyes will be on Aisu to see if he can back those words up this season.

Ashley Moore Vs Empress Video, Promo, and Match

Skipping due to my stuff.

Match

- Winner Empress as if there was ever a doubt.

Bobby Minio Promo

Another amazing promo by Bobby. Bobby is the King of promos and this is just showing off that skill. Always a pleasure to read and entertaining. Keep up the amazing work.

Heather and H20 Promos

Harvey’s talking as if KD isn't coming to kill him. Did you forget that you tried to break KD's neck after putting a chair around his head and jumping on it? All this talking about friends and brothers you better get your head out of the clouds and strap up your boots. Hell, you better write your last will and testament. KD coming for blood.

Heather talking a who lot of shit. But talking about exposing people. The only you exposed if your cheap-ass plastic boobs to some dumb ass gym worker. Valkyrie gonna hand your ass to you just like she did on S2R.

#1 Contender's Tag Team Match -

First off loved the reaction from the commentary team after finding out B17 and Sparks have joined Kasstainity I loved it. Loved the work B17 put into making his transition over to Kasstainity. As for the match, it was an amazing tag team match. Even if The uncrowned cheated and were playing very heelish attacking an Innocent B17 while he is just standing on the apron. But, with that being said an Amazing start to the Tag Team scene this season. Sparks wasn't the greatest in the fight but he had the spirit to keep trying kicking out of finish after finish. He shined like a babyface more than a heel. B17 kept this match from being a complete squash but, even B17 has his limits. It was an amazing match put on by 4 amazing people. - Winner The Uncrowned.

Troupe Promo -

Seems like Terra went to the big and tall shop and put on her extra large big boy pants. Insulting aside this was a decent Rp as Terra tries to Rally the Troupes and get them prepared for the battle ahead. I look forward to seeing where this goes. Especially considering two out of the three members will be fighting in the Queen of OCW Tournament. How will that affect their friendship?

CodeJackman Promo Video -

Uhh...I don't know this video was just kinda there. I mostly just showed Blacksmith has switched back to his old music and Code is still getting buried after his match with Malu. I know Code only got his title win by a fluke but, he was still a champion for a while and to see him getting pushed even lower is kind of sad. Well, hopefully, this feud with Blacksmith leads to something great.

Boxing Day Promo Video -

Super excited about this. I enjoyed the last Fire Pro event so super excited to watch another one.

Cort Promo Follow up -

As previously stated Cort has a great flow with it comes to RPs and this continuation was just another point proven. But, Who attacked Cort? Was it B17? Was it another Member of Kasstainity? Or was it someone else completely? so many questions.

Jackson Montgomery Video Rp -

This was very well done. I love the work put into it. I'm another person I'm not familiar with but, everyone seems excited about his return so I look forward to seeing what all the excitement is about. Welcome back Jackson Montgomery.

P3 Segment -

Nothing to say about this. It's a P3 segment either you find it funny or you don't. I for one find them entertaining. It's always a nice break up from some of the more serious rps. Kinda like the Old WWE Fashion Files and stuff.

Main Event 2 out of 3 falls match -

This was a very fun and entertaining match. I don't know if the match was fun to watch or if it was the damn amazing commentary by JCS and Jake that made this match so damn great. I'll be honest I was more focused on the commentary then that actual match when I was watching the stream. I had to rewatch the match and try to tune out the commentary to watch the match eventually I just had to mute it because it kept making me laugh. Other than that It was a very good match. I hate to say it I didn't see Caine winning this match. While I'm talking about Salami Caine you put time into making a damn promo video for the fucking judge that's not even on the damn show but, you couldn't put together a video promo for the Champion that is fighting in the damn Main Event you are part of? Come the fuck on. When the hell will Salami ever see another main event and you couldn't take the time to put in some effort. That enrages it. Anywho Caine put in some work but, Archer was always on top it seemed. Good show by both men. -Winner Thomas Archer

Well, this went on long enough. It was a good show that had a few missed opportunities but, I enjoyed it. Like any review, these are my views and my views only if you don't like it write your own damn review.

OkayBYe

• Mark Out! 13

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png