+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Frenzied Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 339 Times in 192 Posts
    Shit I’m waiting for my roll through animation

2. The Following User Marked Out to Tre Golden For This Amazing Post:

Cort Marshall (4 Weeks Ago)

Cheap Pop Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 554 Times in 163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Golden View Post
    Shit I’m waiting for my roll through animation

Cheap Pop Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall is a name known to all Cort Marshall's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Aight I'm gonna post my thoughts without reading the thread beforehand, so my views remain like AC Cobra: virgin. Apologies if I retread old ground by doing so.

Caine vs Lee:

Very good match. Clean, good back and forth, not too long, tells a good story in-ring. Good way to start the PPV.

Jehst vs TY:

Few too many dropkicks by jehst. Rev management! FPR break after mashing fin after TY kicked him. I do like the interactions between him and B though. YUGE frog splash.

“I say hey man how you doin and he’s just stuffin oranges in a sock” -- I laughed at this line, but I'm not sure if it's meant to be a reference to sock beatings like in Full Metal Jacket or if B17 is just so weird he sticks fruit in clothing.

Abrupt finish but running fins tend to be like that unless ya build up to ‘em.

Jackman v Horse: “The Odor of the Phoenix”

Aight match. Jackman had chances to press advantage but didn’t. Man needs DM time, his weirdo persona and moveset have potential as we've seen.

Archer vs Watts:

Pretty good, archer wrestles real dangerous, almost not seeming to give a fuck bout his revs and using timing instead. Both guys play their characters well and I thought Watts had it won a few times!

Emp vs Ash: Great until that cage escape moment… can’t exactly do Bret and Owen timing in 2k. How does this 3 ft tall asian woman do deadlift suplexes? Pretty good match, chain bit was cool, not sure about the rope pin though… did the ref break the count or did Emp let Ashley out? Right woman won, if she indeed did really win.

Uncrowned vs CQC:

Uncrowned are dressed like turrorists bro. Good start, nice character work with UC being a bit heelish. Everett resets real short, while Cohle walks back to give space he just walks forward from where he’s bumped. Not a fan of that. Makes me feel crowded. Polite after reversal whiffs though, as ya should. Love the tag team whip spot. Uncrowned seeming to have trouble hitting their reversals and get handily machined down by Foreman Quartz and Superintendent Cole Chalmers.

OH SHIT! The turn! It finally happened! And as a nice subversion, the more hotheaded aggressive Everett is the face here. Big story comin’ up… but who fights CQC? Golden Cobra? Rookies who wanna team, this is your chance! Great job by comms selling this event. They’re so genuine.

Parca vs Wrex:

Even battle for a bit but a couple bad reversals is all it takes to get mulched. Big kickout! Blowing a kiss to Wrex is a great way to seal Parca’s fight-crazy character. Big comeback off that knee combo! Damn, Wrex is losing his cool as Parca will not go down! Damn shame about that well-earned trouble in Tijuana missing… 2k bruh. It’ll only be worse in 20. Wrex doing another one of those “you’ll walk backwards but I won’t” resets… into a fin attempt. Hmm. Love the fin revs, both guys are on the ball. Love that Wrex is now powdering out and going “ah shit ah shit” in response to Parca’s gaining ground. That rebound ddt is gorgeous. Oh shit popup T.I.T.! Shoulda been over but ah well. See how the rev game can really screw ya late match. Parca kicks out again! Wrex grabs a chair! Spots are still comin fast and crazy, though it’s kinda hit kickout critical mass for me. Wrex kinda scrambles away from a miss there… along with the rollups I can smell some thirst! Movin in and out too. Parca refuses to sell a sig or take a fin. Pretty great fight but the OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD bled through a bit there in the latter third.

Blaine vs Valk:

Hot start! Love the back and forth, Valk taking Blaine down but the latter says NOPE and just dumps her out like a bitch. Thump thump thump into the barricades. Great bit with Valk trying for the countout here. Still hittin too many kickouts IMO… the first two from each, aight, but at some point it stops adding surprise factor and starts adding "your finisher looks weak now/also I'm checking my watch" factor. Great ending though, the “give up and leave” spot is so heel and so antithetical to past face Valk… wait...

OH SHIT CASH IN! What a way to have a surprise cash-in, just suddenly backstage (I thought Blaine was gonna follow her…) Though kicking out of two fins while injured is a bit much. Resil OK, but I woulda maybe lost to the knee. Moore with some bad bad rev management choices but just by the skin of her teeth manages to clinch the match. What a storyline! I’m glad that’s the reason it was 28 minutes long, rather than B17 just refusing to stop kicking out because he’s bored and wants to see how mad he can make an Italian.

Dupree in the HOF:

Great segment with Dupree. Be nice to have more bits like that, explaining the who’s and why’s of OCW moments past without having to archive dive like Jake The Cake Roberts does in his spare time.

Spider vs Bobby:

Love Spider’s disrespectful nature and aura of unpredictability. Nobody like him in the company, even if nobody likes him in the company. Nice move from Bobby selling the aggression of the match by just THUMPING him with a superkick from jump. GET IN HIS ASS LIKE A FART! The magic counter aura counters Bobby’s knee ligaments functioning. Bobby can’t quite seem to end it! A fucking tragic loss to an ass bounce and a Khallas, jesus. Bobby get back in those DMs, you had him! Match had a hot storyline going in, but both men seem to suffer from kinda vaguely not being sure what to do syndrome, a bit of meandering back and forth and returning to the same well. Still has good heat coming out with Spider's CRASH TV belt switcheroo/reunification angle.

H2O vs KD:

Is that a can I hear in the background at the start? Eh, sounds more like a 40 gallon jug. Calm down on the sauce, Jake, you fanatical fasting motherfucker. KD’s lost his contacts and is crawling on the ground…

KD’s attire is a weird decision but H2O lookin fly as usual. KD crapples immediately. C’MON MAN! Fiery start from Harvard Too Online, but KD mulches him on the outside. Oooh shit barricade leg drop! That’s Nastier than a Saggy Knobb! Tons of hardcore brouhaha before KD spears himself through a table. Now that’s one in a million. H2O Parkers KD to debut his new fin! Cool win in storyline, shoulda ended earlier out of it IMO. Didn’t expect a psychological masterpiece, but spotfests get tiring after too long. Shame H2O couldn't jump off the ladder to outside, I know he was thinking of it because I've tried it myself.

Overall:

Decent PPV. Highs were mostly early in the show, with the later matches having good stories but tending to run long, on an already long PPV--though the storylines through and after the matches held up for sure. Promos were thin thank god. Great looking arena (black and gold is the classiest combo, ask John Players). Commentary was on point for the entire run, they just work so well together. Better than most RL commentators. The energy and genuine excitement combined with witty back and forth and knowledge makes me wanna put the mic down myself, lol. Definitely brought the matches up.

Highlights: Caine vs Lee, Archer vs Watts, Women's Cash-in Storyline, Mega-Brit-Powers Explode, assorted high spots in every match, Wrex vs Parca, historical connection with 15 year history references, John Cena followed us on Twitter (please never mention this again), H2O's attire.

Mehlights: Length, length, length, thirst, KD copypasta-ing Balor's paint.

Overall I'd give it a B solid.

EDIT: I forgot to add, Jehst promo was a solid way of getting past the loss and keeping heat, and the Heather/H2O ones have had great development over the years. Unlike Inception, har har. But seriously.

5. The Following 9 Users Marked the hell out to Cort Marshall For This Awesome Post:

Bobby Minio (4 Weeks Ago), Hard2Obtain (4 Weeks Ago), Kassidy Hayes (4 Weeks Ago), Kuma Empire (4 Weeks Ago), Lotus FloJo (4 Weeks Ago), Quartz (3 Weeks Ago), theSolomonCaine (3 Weeks Ago), TJ Stevens (4 Weeks Ago), Valkyrie (4 Weeks Ago)

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,557 Times in 739 Posts
    Cort. By that logic the Italian would kick out of everything too just to piss off the American.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler Kuma Empire is just really nice Kuma Empire is just really nice Kuma Empire is just really nice Kuma Empire is just really nice Kuma Empire's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 380 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cort Marshall View Post
    How does this 3 ft tall asian woman do deadlift suplexes?
    It's all core strength. I've been watching the Ashley Blaine work out tapes.

8. The Following 3 Users Marked the hell out to Kuma Empire For This Awesome Post:

Bobby Minio (3 Weeks Ago), Cort Marshall (3 Weeks Ago), Valkyrie (4 Weeks Ago)

Moderator Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 893 Times in 216 Posts
    Thank you as always Cort for a phenomenally thorough review, differing perspectives, and highs/lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cort Marshall View Post
    John Cena followed us on Twitter (please never mention this again),

And just so you know, I will be mentioning this every single match.

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

10. The Following User Marked Out to Quartz For This Amazing Post:

Cort Marshall (3 Weeks Ago)

Cheap Pop Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    I tend to be much kinder to shorter matches cause I kinda watch stuff like I watch real wrestling--that is to say too many kickouts starts to devalue stuff a bit. I'm always one for "when will they hit the finisher" as a method of tension rather than "how many times will they/what will it take." Course that's hard to do when you're not working. I just know at some point you DO have to work, in that due to the way the pin meter functions, people proficient enough in timing can just refuse to lose. It's a mixed thing, you get some great surprise moments, but I'd also kinda like the finality of the No Mercy/Fire Pro system where at some point the game decides you're too knackered to get up no matter what.

12. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Cort Marshall For This Awesome Post:

Hard2Obtain (3 Weeks Ago), Quartz (3 Weeks Ago)

Moderator Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz is a splendid one to behold Quartz's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 893 Times in 216 Posts
    I am the same way. I wish we had more finisher reversals than finisher kickouts, but the nature of the beast limits one of those things and not the other.

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

14. The Following 3 Users Marked the hell out to Quartz For This Awesome Post:

Cort Marshall (3 Weeks Ago), Hard2Obtain (3 Weeks Ago), Kassidy Hayes (3 Weeks Ago)

Thread Information