TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

Gonna be a hottake but probably MOTN runner up was definitely Danny Watts v The Mantis. I truthfully (sorry Mantis) thought Danny was gonna come into this match and just eat Mantis. BUT WOW!! When I seen Mantis have that mega damage lead and just not giving a fuck about rev advantage (props btw i fucks with that) this man was just never saying die. The Mantis character from that match grew more onto me. But Jesus Christ Danny, you almost fucked it so bad and had you lost I never ever ever EVER! Would've let your 5'3 self live it down. Mantis just by a few fingertips almost had the victory but unfortunately Watts powerbombed the shit outta him and then decapitated him. Impressive match gentlemen.

I was oddly surprised by this match as well. Not motn that belongs to Cort and Shep.

• Mark Out! 1

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Mill has essentially replaced Loki as rookies first match. I used to get to fight the rookies first. Doc could have been a bit nicer but rookies fill in at the bottom and work their way up. That's the reality here in ocw.

Natoli Joe was a good one too.

• Mark Out! 1

The FrenchBlade

spacer.png

Four Stars, solid match. I mean above solid. Cort is an annoying person to talk to, listen to, interact with, deal with, eat with, talk with. BUT that boy knows WRASSLIN.

Compliments so backhanded you can call him pimp hand sensation, but I'll take it.

Short notes:

- Nice to see Tucker with a proper story. Very good promo from Caine, JT seems like the rookie with the most upwards trajectory rn, though Asher and Mantis are doing well. Oh, I forgot Watts was a rookie. Is he? Him too. Anyway, JT gets to get past his catchphrase into a proper feud, so, look out for this one.

- I can see this shrimp thing with jackmo getting tiring. It's funny now, just watch out for pulling a WWE and overdoing it.

- Happy to see Austin's back. With a fat gimmick. That seems to be a common thing. Danny's going HAM. Finisher looks monstrous, one of my faves.

- Drago's not allowed to be sad, it's a crime against humanity

- The women's title tussle is iffy for me RN. I'm sure it'll be a great match, and there's plenty of star power, but it feels like a few people made alignment changes too fast to give it proper heat. Valk turned face in a kinda meh way, I feel it woulda been better if she took initiative and stopped emp from beating someone up or something to show she'd changed. Then she can get attacked. But just turning face by default cause someone kicked your ass doesn't quite mean they "deserve" the face reaction yet, if you know what I mean? It has been built with the diary and such but I woulda liked to have seen more agency. Meanwhile, Flojo is going face and Moore is going heel. Moore is a good heel but Flojo is kind of just a snarky bitch RN, add Emp and it's 3 heelish people and one face who's face because someone hit them really hard. Hopefully Flojo gets more facey as we go in to even out the balance a bit. Cool that Blaine is back tho, it is HBK Diesel esque. Just needs her to fiddle with her gloves every three seconds.

- Speaking of alignment changes... PREVIOUSLY UNMENTIONED POOR KID FROM THE HOOD Doc Green cuts a great promo, and the character works, but I feel he shoulda been heel a bit longer. It's quite odd to go straight from "I'm gonna end these people's careers" to "cheer him he's beating up capitalism." Maybe he kinda skipped a few steps cause of our murky future, but like Valk I'm not quite ready to cheer someone who, again, turned face because someone else hit them. The segment was one of the best on the show, though. The empty box gag was classic wrestling bullshittery, I love it.

- Baker is how you do an annoying shittalker as a face lol, I don't WANT to like him but B2O work very well together. Though... Tre isn't trying to get into your head, Harvey, he just beat you in a match. These Colorado people got fragile psyches!

- Final segment was slightly messy, a few things I felt could have been written in a more clear way. But it's shaping up to be one monster of a feud with all these characters and storylines intersecting... I wish we had more time, because I feel after the inevitable multiman Rust and Quartz should have a more one on one blowoff of some sort. Rust's new theme and look are amazing. Lots of heat, you don't know what's gonna happen next. Trance is back! My bad for not being hype, I was like uhh shit whose theme is that in VP. Waiting to see what his deal is, hopefully next show. The Quartz/Rust situation is the most interesting to me in here, but I like that everyone has their own angle and easily discernible reasons for wanting the title and that comes out in matches. Like how with Wrex it's less personal and more YOU BEAT ME FUCK YOU GIB BELT BACK ARGH. Simple man.

- Main event was very fun to play. I counted zero duckunders or similar reset winning moves! Kicking myself for missing the corner rev, lol.

• Mark Out! 7

Compliments so backhanded you can call him pimp hand sensation, but I'll take it.

Short notes:

- Nice to see Tucker with a proper story. Very good promo from Caine, JT seems like the rookie with the most upwards trajectory rn, though Asher and Mantis are doing well. Oh, I forgot Watts was a rookie. Is he? Him too. Anyway, JT gets to get past his catchphrase into a proper feud, so, look out for this one.

- I can see this shrimp thing with jackmo getting tiring. It's funny now, just watch out for pulling a WWE and overdoing it.

- Happy to see Austin's back. With a fat gimmick. That seems to be a common thing. Danny's going HAM. Finisher looks monstrous, one of my faves.

- Drago's not allowed to be sad, it's a crime against humanity

- The women's title tussle is iffy for me RN. I'm sure it'll be a great match, and there's plenty of star power, but it feels like a few people made alignment changes too fast to give it proper heat. Valk turned face in a kinda meh way, I feel it woulda been better if she took initiative and stopped emp from beating someone up or something to show she'd changed. Then she can get attacked. But just turning face by default cause someone kicked your ass doesn't quite mean they "deserve" the face reaction yet, if you know what I mean? It has been built with the diary and such but I woulda liked to have seen more agency. Meanwhile, Flojo is going face and Moore is going heel. Moore is a good heel but Flojo is kind of just a snarky bitch RN, add Emp and it's 3 heelish people and one face who's face because someone hit them really hard. Hopefully Flojo gets more facey as we go in to even out the balance a bit. Cool that Blaine is back tho, it is HBK Diesel esque. Just needs her to fiddle with her gloves every three seconds.

- Speaking of alignment changes... PREVIOUSLY UNMENTIONED POOR KID FROM THE HOOD Doc Green cuts a great promo, and the character works, but I feel he shoulda been heel a bit longer. It's quite odd to go straight from "I'm gonna end these people's careers" to "cheer him he's beating up capitalism." Maybe he kinda skipped a few steps cause of our murky future, but like Valk I'm not quite ready to cheer someone who, again, turned face because someone else hit them. The segment was one of the best on the show, though. The empty box gag was classic wrestling bullshittery, I love it.

- Baker is how you do an annoying shittalker as a face lol, I don't WANT to like him but B2O work very well together. Though... Tre isn't trying to get into your head, Harvey, he just beat you in a match. These Colorado people got fragile psyches!

- Final segment was slightly messy, a few things I felt could have been written in a more clear way. But it's shaping up to be one monster of a feud with all these characters and storylines intersecting... I wish we had more time, because I feel after the inevitable multiman Rust and Quartz should have a more one on one blowoff of some sort. Rust's new theme and look are amazing. Lots of heat, you don't know what's gonna happen next. Trance is back! My bad for not being hype, I was like uhh shit whose theme is that in VP. Waiting to see what his deal is, hopefully next show. The Quartz/Rust situation is the most interesting to me in here, but I like that everyone has their own angle and easily discernible reasons for wanting the title and that comes out in matches. Like how with Wrex it's less personal and more YOU BEAT ME FUCK YOU GIB BELT BACK ARGH. Simple man.

- Main event was very fun to play. I counted zero duckunders or similar reset winning moves! Kicking myself for missing the corner rev, lol.

Tre has yet to pin or make me submit so therefore he’s never beaten me.

• Mark Out! 2

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png