spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 12
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, great show, glad I caught it all on voice, thought I'd whack my thoughts up on the video stuff!

-- Here there be spoilers --

-- Seriously, don't look --

-- Alright, yeah, spoiler territory --

Cort vs Archer - Really great match, the lumberjacks were great fun, particularly with the FPR change for them, I really liked the pacing of the match, with a lot of it happening inside the ring, and then gradually building it up until everyone was fighting, plus a surprise result, was a good time.

H20 vs Blacksmith - Gimmick matches like this, for me, always seem like they're on a knife edge, they can easily fall apart, but I really enjoyed this. Felt like a close match, the reactions on voice made it even better, all in all, yeah, ace, guy went through a flaming table.

Backstage brawl - I love these things, game's janky as hell, so there's always some unintentional comedy, and it's building a story, good stuff, and the chair appearing out of nowhere was great.

Marisa stuff - I'll lump this whole storyline together, great to see that Marisa is doing more stories and following straight on from the Terra feud, I feel like everyone was holding their breath when she showed up with two guys, but yeah, this worked well. I'm not sure if the narration has to be so literal at times when the thing being described is happening on screen, but the actual content, really liked it, the bit where she came back with the bin was great. Fun stuff.

Unsanctioned fight - I just really like stuff that expands on the world OCW works in, to be honest, and I do like the idea of this underground fighting promotion. Really great video work to start it off, and yeah, women's division's looking phenomenal at the moment, really cleverly done.

Dominion vs Lucha Country - Gotta give respect, this must've been a hard match to keep track of for all the players involved, and I liked the cooperation between Lucha Country in the ending. From a storyline perspective, I'm looking forward to seeing what this, and Everett taking a break does to Dominion, and I know Lucha Country were looking a bit more vulnerable in their promos recently, it'll be interesting to see how they play through this, because they're dominant as hell, I cannot call what's next for them.

Aisu promo - Jesus christ, this was ridiculous. The keyframe sign, the facetime bit, this was just fantastic. Maxx's stuff has just been so enjoyable recently, I wanna see what fun places this feud goes as it progresses.

Tre vs Jehst - I honestly didn't expect to like the hair vs hair stipulation as much as I did. I wasn't overly invested in this beforehand, but, jesus christ, the idea of one of these guys getting shaved just carried me through the match. Good match, too, the shaving segment was well done, and I like Jehst and Cort now being the bald bros.

Valkyrie segment - I love voice synthesis. I really do, it's great. As mentioned on Twitch, if I ever have a female alt, she'll be voiced by vocaloid software, and it'll be because of this promo. Now, I'm a noob here, so I'm not in the know about Valkyrie and why she's a big deal here, but this sort of stuff's clueing me in a bit, and with the women's division looking really interesting right now, it feels like a great term for her to show up.

Wrex vs B17 - Jesus christ the kung fu fighting entrance. Controversial match with all the non-Kumite happenings, but I do really like this as a match type, and considering B17's dominant as all hell right now, Wrex can be proud that he put up a great fight, I thought he was genuinely gonna do it at one point.

Doc vs Solomon -

You know what, this felt like a main event. You couldn't have scripted this better, right, Solomon taking the first win, a lot of the match was close fought, I thought at one point it might be a 2-1, with the deciding win being a countout. Solomon looked great, Doc's back with the belt, and there are some great stories to tell from this match. Hopefully they get told and both these guys keep doing great stuff.

Ashley Moore vs La Mujera - Good match, I think there were one or two weird instances of cage match jankiness, but nature of the beast, really. The finishers were tense as hell to sit through with the knockout rule in effect, and yeah, brutal finish with Mujera just being grabbed and strangled. This stuff's why I love this place, we were genuinely on edge watching the long sub fights, which are, essentially, virtual thumb wars. Good stuff, plus title change, I love to see it.

Everett announcement - I genuinely expected something dodgy to happen from start to finish with all the walking backstage, but it's just a solid announcement that sells the gravity of what happened earlier, and makes the world feel alive. Good stuff.

Quartz vs Cohle - o lawd. Yeah, what a match. Rust is just the guy, it feels like he's held the belt forever, but Quartz is always looming, this match has been on the cards for a while. I think this match is another example as to why the stipulations are great, Cohle had the chance to put up a great fight, when it sounds like people thought he might just get ragdolled, he got a fall on Quartz, great. I don't think this story is over, though. There's something about Quartz as a character that doesn't sit right with me, and I think he'll have some interesting developments coming up, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're gonna be cheering the person who dethrones him in the end.

Overall, great show, I feel boring because I'm so positive about the things I've seen, but great show, not a bad match on it. There's some great written work too, but it's late and I wanted to whack my initial thoughts up before I forgot anything. One thing that struck me here, is that there are loads of stories that can be told with these matches, everyone involved has some real meaty stuff to pick apart over the next few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it's all going!

• Mark Out! 11

I’m gonna try and keep this short but first I want to say Thank you to kent for the amazing arena and huge huge thank you to Jae and Jake for the always amazing commentary! I have never laughed so much while watching a ppv. Commentary nails it again! Love it.

Harvey / DOC rp -

This was a nice build and recap on some of the incidents that took place. This is one of those rps that doesn’t need to be too long to get the idea across. It was a nice simple read.

Judge Brown rp -

Honestly I have not really cared for the Judge Brown character. I feel like he is like Corn Ricketts, a character good for filling an empty space but shouldn’t be going for anything... But that's just me. As for the rp it wasn’t bad, didn't drag on and a reminder of that judge is around and willing to fight.

Archer/KD rp-

First congrats to Cort on his win as for the rp not a lot to say about this one but, KD coming to kill Cort I don’t know why I’m excited about seeing Cort get turned into human ground beef but, I look forward to it. I do hope Cort retains but the match could be fun.

Colby rp-

I liked this rp as it gave more detail and built up more emotion for Colby. My only problem is I felt it could have been shortened. But outside of that it wasn’t bad. Keep up the great work.

Wrex rp -

I like seeing a Wrex rp as I don’t see them often. This was decent but, I would have rather this was either between B17 and Wrex but, I guess over the past few days we have had several B17and Wrex rps. This is another that felt it could have been shortened a little but, still an entertaining read. I wish this had more to do with Wrex going sober since most of the previous rps were about that rather than his injuries and return but its still good.

Archer/Sensation -

This was a great Rp since we don’t see or hear from sensation alot its great to see him interact with the roster once in a while. I don’t know what a Archer world war tour is but I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Colin rp -

Simple and quick rp not really a whole lot to say about this ongoing rivalry with archer and colin. Archer is all over this show.

P3 seg-

I always find the p3 segments to be a nice break from the usual so great to see this hasn’t changed. Lol I laughed probably too much at some of the lines in this rp. Are we going to get Mugen vs Wrex again? I wouldn’t be against watching that.

Flojo rp-

I can’t fully agree with Flojo's turning to the dark side. Not that I don’t think flojo is too pure for the dark side the complete opposite. I feel flojo has always been on the border of that based on previous interactions with ashley and blaine and so on. I just feel her joining happened at the wrong time. I don’t think she was at her lowest point but lets see where this goes from here.

Emp rp -

Mine so skipping it.

Blacksmith rp-

Blacksmith calling out everyone...I feel too many of the same names get called out names. Lets change up the list with names like Shepard, Sparks, Caine, Jehst, KD, Cort, Hell even a lot of the rookies can fall into a list. Other than that it was a solid rp that could have been shortened if less one sentence lines were used.

Nate rp-

Straight to the point and ready for action. For a use of a few words this was a very good promo. Nate wants to fuck up Pugh and I’m already hyped so I can’t wait to see where this goes and what turmoil brings if anything.

Wrex/B17 rp-

Earlier I said I wanted the rp to be about b17 and Wrex so I got what I asked for. It's not more about getting sober but it works. I want to like this rp but, I don’t like seeing sad Wrex. Wrex never came off as a sad, feel sad for me type of guy. I always picture him more as a stone cold i’m kick your ass or get my ass kicked trying to kick your ass type of guy. I get b17 and wrex are friends or pretend to be but I like wrex when he isn’t depressed. But for what it is the rp isn’t bad just not what I want from a guy like Wrex. I can see this from maybe B17 but not Wrex.

Ashley rp-

Very good rp from Ashley.. I’m a little lost as to who is the heel and who is the face in this fight. I guess it doesn’t really matter but, I wasn’t really sure who I should be rooting for in this whole thing. But, Ashley talking about rigging votes makes you wonder if something shady happened.

Ending notes

For the most part The show was great and rps were pretty good. Some ran a little long especially for ones that only had one person involved in them. I usually don’t have a problem with longer rps but ones that are solo feel as if they can be shortened unless it's say a clark effect or something like that. Anyway…

Those are my views and my opinions not everyone will agree I don’t care. Reviews are for discussion. Stop waiting for people to review your shit and review others.

• Mark Out! 10

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

Wrex/B17 rp-

Earlier I said I wanted the rp to be about b17 and Wrex so I got what I asked for. It's not more about getting sober but it works. I want to like this rp but, I don’t like seeing sad Wrex. Wrex never came off as a sad, feel sad for me type of guy. I always picture him more as a stone cold i’m kick your ass or get my ass kicked trying to kick your ass type of guy. I get b17 and wrex are friends or pretend to be but I like wrex when he isn’t depressed. But for what it is the rp isn’t bad just not what I want from a guy like Wrex. I can see this from maybe B17 but not Wrex.

Wrex has always been a woe is me character. On numerous occasions he has lost a big match and then gotten depressed and drunk over it. He's a loveable loser a guy you just want to win.

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

Wrex/B17 rp-

Wrex has always been a woe is me character. On numerous occasions he has lost a big match and then gotten depressed and drunk over it. He's a loveable loser a guy you just want to win.

I get that and I haven’t liked it then either. It I was still new to the Wrex character so I didn’t say much about it. Wrex has a very intimidating looking caw when he wants to be so him crying over a lose just sees weird to me. Like going to a bar filled with tough biker looking guys and gals and they all are talking about how sad they because someone scuffed their bike or something. It just doesn’t fit.

I can see b17 being that type of I’m depressed guy because well he’s a weirdo. Wrex is a guy that calls people a cunt and stomps on their necks while having death matches. You see how that doesn’t add up?

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

I get that and I haven’t liked it then either. It I was still new to the Wrex character so I didn’t say much about it. Wrex has a very intimidating looking caw when he wants to be so him crying over a lose just sees weird to me. Like going to a bar filled with tough biker looking guys and gals and they all are talking about how sad they because someone scuffed their bike or something. It just doesn’t fit.

I can see b17 being that type of I’m depressed guy because well he’s a weirdo. Wrex is a guy that calls people a cunt and stomps on their necks while having death matches. You see how that doesn’t add up?

Sure. But the presentation of looks (while a wrestling norm) is not indicative of personal norms. The masculine fireman who doesn't cry or the dumb blonde are just stereotypes assigned by cultural perception.

All that being said. I 100 percent understand what you are saying.

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png