+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Whore Wrestler Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 524 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
    Sure. But the presentation of looks (while a wrestling norm) is not indicative of personal norms. The masculine fireman who doesn't cry or the dumb blonde are just stereotypes assigned by cultural perception.

All that being said. I 100 percent understand what you are saying.
    And I completely agree nothing is wrong with having more layers to a character. I can’t speak for everyone but , I’ve done, you’ve done it. It’s not that I don’t think Wrex should have other sides it’s that I don’t like sed wrex. Maybe sed Wrex wouldn’t be so uhh to me if I’ve seen other sides as well. But I’ve only really seen sad or killer Wrex. Never happy Wrex or anything at least that I can remember.

Long story short sad Wrex isn’t my cup of tea but I don’t hate it. Just prefer Wrex having a goals rather than mopping around.

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,783 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Empire View Post
    And I completely agree nothing is wrong with having more layers to a character. I can’t speak for everyone but , I’ve done, you’ve done it. It’s not that I don’t think Wrex should have other sides it’s that I don’t like sed wrex. Maybe sed Wrex wouldn’t be so uhh to me if I’ve seen other sides as well. But I’ve only really seen sad or killer Wrex. Never happy Wrex or anything at least that I can remember.

Long story short sad Wrex isn’t my cup of tea but I don’t hate it. Just prefer Wrex having a goals rather than mopping around.
    I do too. That's a big reason why I was pulling for Mugen or Ty when the match came on. His arc needs to see him beat me.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

Bling Bling Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,172 Times in 497 Posts
    I'll say this:

Emp vs. Heather
    B vs Wrex
    Mujera vs Ashley

They all deserved better instead of being three similar match types on a PPV that's supposed to bring us a card of unique matches. This is the kind of stuff WWE does with their PPV's like Hell in Cell. This wasn't Chill Faktor, it was OCW Presents: Kumite. Doesn't really matter if they were all presented differently, they were all good enough to warrant being the main focus of a different show, IMO, especially Emp's match with all that cutting. I may not have liked the sepia tone or the grain because of my boomer eyes, but it was damn good and could have added to the uniqueness of that match if it was the only type of match on the show with those stipulations.

I also don't understand the situation with the tag team match. I didn't notice anything other than what Pugh said in the Discord. It was just two singles matches without spacing. It wasn't special, and the four in the ring had zero chemistry, but in terms of FPR and ethics, it was okay. It was just a match. Boring, but just a match, so what's the issue?

I think I wrote the word matches way too many times. In terms of quality, I think the main event and the opener were the BEST matches on the show, hands down. Nothing comes close, IMO, to the enjoyability I felt watching those two. Both of them told two completely different stories in the ring, and it's the exact reason I love OCW and wrestling in general. When a match is good, it's fucking great. Who needs flips? Just tell me a story.

Decent show, but maybe fuck the voting next time? I'm honestly surprised we didn't get the gorillajack match.

4. The Following 4 Users Marked the hell out to Aries For This Awesome Post:

El Parca (2 Weeks Ago), Kuma Empire (2 Weeks Ago), Quartz (2 Weeks Ago), RustCohle (2 Weeks Ago)

Post Whore Wrestler Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire is a glorious beacon of light Kuma Empire's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 524 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    I'll say this:

Emp vs. Heather
    B vs Wrex
    Mujera vs Ashley

They all deserved better instead of being three similar match types on a PPV that's supposed to bring us a card of unique matches. This is the kind of stuff WWE does with their PPV's like Hell in Cell. This wasn't Chill Faktor, it was OCW Presents: Kumite. Doesn't really matter if they were all presented differently, they were all good enough to warrant being the main focus of a different show, IMO, especially Emp's match with all that cutting. I may not have liked the sepia tone or the grain because of my boomer eyes, but it was damn good and could have added to the uniqueness of that match if it was the only type of match on the show with those stipulations.

I also don't understand the situation with the tag team match. I didn't notice anything other than what Pugh said in the Discord. It was just two singles matches without spacing. It wasn't special, and the four in the ring had zero chemistry, but in terms of FPR and ethics, it was okay. It was just a match. Boring, but just a match, so what's the issue?

I think I wrote the word matches way too many times. In terms of quality, I think the main event and the opener were the BEST matches on the show, hands down. Nothing comes close, IMO, to the enjoyability I felt watching those two. Both of them told two completely different stories in the ring, and it's the exact reason I love OCW and wrestling in general. When a match is good, it's fucking great. Who needs flips? Just tell me a story.

Decent show, but maybe fuck the voting next time? I'm honestly surprised we didn't get the gorillajack match.
    To kinda explain some of what was happening with the Emp vs Heather match. Well first the sepia tone was an idea I picked up from movies like fight club and stuff where underground stuff always has the sepia color so I wanted that underground feel and the grain was because it was suppose to be shitty rigged together hacked video stream. In my head it would have been stupid for it to be a hacked stream from some unknown underground place and has hd quality video. I do apologize if it was hard for some people to see. Or make it. As for me since I new what was happening it didn’t seem that bad I’ll take that into account next time.

As for the match Harvey and I have been working on trying to completely Emp back heather for a while but life stuff was always an issue. But the plan was to have a underground fight away from ocw so they could just beat the hell out of each other and get it out of their system. So I pitched it to Harvey before I even heard of what chill Faktor was and was only planning to do that on match before just taking up a manager role or something.

When it came to being on the ppv it was kinda of a long shot as we weren’t sure Jae would allow it when we submitted it. If he said no but it can go on the show that would have been fine. So I wasn’t really thinking of all the other matches when I was doing it. Hopefully that gave alittle back sort it wasn’t something planned for chill Faktor it just happen to fall on chill Faktor. Hence why I made the post about sensation canceling the match because I wasn’t sure if it was gonna make it or not.

6. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Kuma Empire For This Awesome Post:

Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), Quartz (2 Weeks Ago)

Bling Bling Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,172 Times in 497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Empire View Post
    To kinda explain some of what was happening with the Emp vs Heather match. Well first the sepia tone was an idea I picked up from movies like fight club and stuff where underground stuff always has the sepia color so I wanted that underground feel and the grain was because it was suppose to be shitty rigged together hacked video stream. In my head it would have been stupid for it to be a hacked stream from some unknown underground place and has hd quality video. I do apologize if it was hard for some people to see. Or make it. As for me since I new what was happening it didn’t seem that bad I’ll take that into account next time.

As for the match Harvey and I have been working on trying to completely Emp back heather for a while but life stuff was always an issue. But the plan was to have a underground fight away from ocw so they could just beat the hell out of each other and get it out of their system. So I pitched it to Harvey before I even heard of what chill Faktor was and was only planning to do that on match before just taking up a manager role or something.

When it came to being on the ppv it was kinda of a long shot as we weren’t sure Jae would allow it when we submitted it. If he said no but it can go on the show that would have been fine. So I wasn’t really thinking of all the other matches when I was doing it. Hopefully that gave alittle back sort it wasn’t something planned for chill Faktor it just happen to fall on chill Faktor. Hence why I made the post about sensation canceling the match because I wasn’t sure if it was gonna make it or not.
    Yeah I get it. It wasn't a shot at the video or anything. My eyes are just bad, so it bothered me a bit. it didn't detract from the video at all, though, and I get where you're coming from. I just wish you two got to showcase the full match, but I think with the effects, the shortness of the match added to the style of editing. I understand you cut a considerable amount of time, but hopefully yo u and Heather will be able give us another banger at some point. I totally understand why it was trimmed down, too. Only a finite amount of time can be allotted for live shows.

8. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Aries For This Awesome Post:

Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), Kuma Empire (2 Weeks Ago)

Fat & Dead V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 2,050 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Trance on a Train - A Review

Itís time for some words about words.

Page One

So we open with an interview with H20 which is perfectly placed to warm up the crowd, the Mick Foley cheap pop would definitely do the trick IRL. Handles what happened recently, talks about not knowing the stipulation for tonight and then reintroduces Doc who gets his point about Cain across too.

Got a Texas vibe from the Judge this time round as he shows up to remind us heís still around. Essentially thatís the gist of the promo and that he intends to start beating people up soon enough. It felt like it didnít really need to be on the PPV but itís one of those little throw aways you often see to stall for time.

Page Two

Archer gets beaten up by three people after the match, proving it was all a master plan to strip him of his title.

Colby McCallum up next in a sit down style interview that provoked images of Arn Anderson / Chris Benoit with the way the mannerisms and body language was described. Perhaps a bit on the long side but it provided a much wanted insight into what is driving Colby the person as opposed to Colby the wrestler. Itís obviously a marathon style marker thatís been laid down, whilst acknowledging that by beating the piss out of each other Fraser and him became friends (alas Dr. Death or Hansen).

Hehe, Wrex had a little slip in his typing that gives away what country he is from. Outside of that, it feels very well spoken which isnít something weíve come to expect from him. However, itís again a well written one that somewhat repeats its message a little in places but the gist of it is that Wrex is either going to win, or die trying.

Page Three

Archer and Jay scream at one another in an RP I enjoyed doing. Over my entire time within the company I canít recall ever having a character interact meaningfully with him. What made it better was it was the most last minute of things because he was worried the show was light. So we basically just flung a ball at one another until we had something.

Colin now starting to see shadows and villains everywhere in everything thatís going wrong for him. Surely Archer doesnít have that much influence eh? Who knows? But when Colin finally gets in a ring with the financial power house heís going to most likely over do it and go absolutely ham too early. I quite liked the TV Colin shtick to do a direct audio cue call back. It was a good length and a nice short bite to get into.

Page Four

So... This happened. I chuckled a little at the humour with the Wrexsation creature, it advanced some stories a little but I always find the P3 Bonanzaís a little too nutty for my taste.

And thatís the end of my journey through the frozen wasteland that is Glasgow. Iíll get to the other pages perhaps at work or on the way home.

10. The Following 4 Users Marked the hell out to Jacob Trance For This Awesome Post:

Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), Kuma Empire (2 Weeks Ago), Quartz (2 Weeks Ago), TLBS Matteo (2 Weeks Ago)

Moderator Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,109 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    Yeah I get it. It wasn't a shot at the video or anything. My eyes are just bad, so it bothered me a bit. it didn't detract from the video at all, though, and I get where you're coming from. I just wish you two got to showcase the full match, but I think with the effects, the shortness of the match added to the style of editing. I understand you cut a considerable amount of time, but hopefully yo u and Heather will be able give us another banger at some point. I totally understand why it was trimmed down, too. Only a finite amount of time can be allotted for live shows.
    With a card full of possible stips, I imagine the similarities were bound to happen. I felt the Kumite proper as well as the fight pit were different enough from one another personally. Jay had similar concerns and we tried to space them out as best as possible. With the quality of the women's match, we opted to move it to 2nd on the card and allow Salami/Doc's character work to shine.

The voting was a dangerous proposition in the first place, but I was blown away with how everyone performed given the task in front of them. The other side of the coin regarding the CCW and Women's match is that I believe both had reasons to be stips due to the fact those people fought previously, so I personally don't feel like I was robbed out of a great singles match that I've never seen before.

With the Fight Pit, it removed the possibility of Zoe utilizing that suplex small-package finisher to win, as she had needed to use the previous two times. That story was told perfectly as because she couldn't use it, the killer in Ashley was able to take advantage and win the match.

The Kumite is Wrex' wheelhouse and their longterm rivalry warranted such a physical KO like interaction. My issues with how the Kumite was played aside, I felt those two were different in story and it frame, but I'm interested to see that others felt the same way Jay did. As I mentioned, he voiced his concerns about the similarities before the show.

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

12. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Quartz For This Awesome Post:

Fat & Dead V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 2,050 Times in 1,154 Posts
    In the Office! - A Continuation

Page Five

Flojo with a short and to the point RP. She’s had enough and she’s not going to take it. It’s time for her to stop losing and open up more to an alternative way of thinking.

Empress now, swearing a lot and sharing a moment with Ichi about how she’s still got it, and of course, Chinese food.

Page Six

A Blacksmith RP and it keeps in style, calls out... everyone... And says they’ll get exactly the same as H20 got. I enjoyed it but at the end it says Stacy was still shaken, without ever having said she was shaken in the first place... I also don’t think the words used would have gotten her spooked, but here we are. BS is ready to prove he’s got more substance to him than others would make out.

Nate calls the audience losers, says he decided to be like them for one night, and then calls out Pugh. He also lists some of the people “he made famous.”

Finally the closing of this page is another longish RP in which B17 is trying to recruit Wrex to something to fight something whilst Wrex is getting his brains squished back into his head. It builds some intrigue as to what B17 has foreseen, but other than that I feel like it didn’t have much going on. Wrex is sad he lost and seemingly wants to retire. B17 wants him to stick around as part of some sort of army. However, if Wrex gets his way he’ll continue trying to defeat B17 for the title.

Page Seven

Ashley talks about her win and how it was never ever in danger, and also suggests, accidentally, that someone rigged the voting. Let’s keep an eye on that one.

14. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Jacob Trance For This Awesome Post:

Hard2Obtain (2 Weeks Ago), TLBS Matteo (2 Weeks Ago)

Cheap Pop Poster Wrestler Wrex is just really nice Wrex is just really nice Wrex is just really nice Wrex is just really nice Wrex's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 362 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
    Wrex has always been a woe is me character. On numerous occasions he has lost a big match and then gotten depressed and drunk over it. He's a loveable loser a guy you just want to win.
    To be honest I feel that sad Wrex only ever really existed due to the fact he canít beat Bingo. Any other big losses he would just get up and try again and usually manage. But since he canít seem to do that with bingo it drives him mad. Now that heís got a single shot left the sad stuff is probably done with.

16. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Wrex For This Awesome Post:

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,783 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrex View Post
    To be honest I feel that sad Wrex only ever really existed due to the fact he can’t beat Bingo. Any other big losses he would just get up and try again and usually manage. But since he can’t seem to do that with bingo it drives him mad. Now that he’s got a single shot left the sad stuff is probably done with.
    I really hope everyone follows through with this concept of Wrex gets one last chance.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

Thread Information