spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators

http://ocwfed.tv/recapshow/Riot/riot2k21.png

Might As Well Just Consider It A Pay Per View I Guess!

• Mark Out! 14
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Administrators

Thicc Solid Show.

I LOVE SUDDEN DEATH

• Mark Out! 3
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

More words to accompany all of the words. Haven’t read the whole show yet, only bits and bobs, but will probably review all of the words later, didn’t want to run into the character limit lol.

The NEW OCW International Champ Danny Watts, CELEBRATES!

Getting started with what probably is my least favorite video segment on the show, not to say that it was a bad segment. We get to see the new champion who is sporting an entirely new look. He stakes his claim as the leader of the division and that is kind of it. Would’ve loved to see some update on what this is gonna bring to the future of Dominion or the Int Division in specifics. Felt like a promo made out of obligation for winning a new belt, but it was nicely made and he got his point across in a relatively concise manner.

QC Connect Cuts A Promo

A video segment from Marissa Welch that doesn’t star Marissa Welch, or so we thought. Nice to see some development from QC Connect and them calling out Evelyn made sense for the Marissa sneak attack because female v female and it made Marissa look strong instead of just having multiple muscular non-wrestler men beat up a muscular woman. Overall, good video from Marissa.

HERE COMES THE JUDGE BABY!

Shorter than the last Judge segment but we get the gist. That is until Judge refuses to let go showing some progression in the story and in the character until Jordan Trance comes to make the save. Good video, nice to see Trance getting right into another feud after his last one and we’ll see how the small vs big guy dynamic plays out. Judge-ing from the video, these two men are gonna play it good to the level we expect from them.

Evelyn Parker vs. 'Purple' Lotus Flojo

First match of the night. Good choice showing two relatively fresh or unseen characters to open things up. Flojo started the match off destroying Parker as expected. Continuing the theme, Lotus allows Parker to get back into it(good from Parker on the comeback). HOWEVER, where we might expect Lotus to throw the match away when they were both in the danger show she was able to keep her composure and put away Parker after some intense back and forth. Good match and it showed some real character development from Flojo perhaps already seeing the perks of joining the House of Faith.

Alex Asher vs. Colin Locke

World’s busiest show host Colin Locke pulled out all the stops tonight appearing in multiple written segments, a match and a video rp. Both men haven’t been in action since making an attempt at the International Champion with Locke last appearing in the #1 contender multiman and Asher last appeared way back when at End Games. Fun match that had its kinks. Always nice to see Move Thief being used on TV with Asher showing some dominance but both men really leaving it all out there.

Deadly Golf with Kassidy Hayes & A.C. Cobra!

Interesting use of the word “Deadly”. Nonetheless, another installment in the Kass V Cobra video game feud with a special run in from yours truly. This one definitely had some funny moments but felt a bit weird in context of the whole show with the more serious Kass we would see later in the night. Good promo, as usual, Kass delivers.

B17 has a message for The Last Blacksmith!

B17 tries to avenge his mishap and goes for the video rp. Comes out eloquently groomed and tries to add some legitimacy to their feud by bringing some history into it. Solid promo. Reinforced the dynamics of the feud but nothing groundbreaking.

"BIG BEEF BATTLE" Tre Golden vs Mark Reese

Your A-Typical Beef Battle. Loved seeing Reese still being relevant while his partner is in the hospital. Loved the LC vs WOV dynamic. Loved the match. Reese won the match only for him to be outnumbered in the post match beatdown. Liked seeing Nate Mac attempt some video work. Beatdown was a bit long and in a way teased a run-in save from someone but it never happened. I guess Reese is out of action now? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Wrestling Club vs. DOC & H2O

Welcome to OCW! For your second match, you wanna vs Rookie World Champ, King of OCW, Doc Green and Longest Reigning World Champ H20.? No, well we were never really asking you. DOC & H20 got to get all of their rehearsed spots and TWC couldn’t do much about it. That’s not to say that they were getting beat silly out there. TWC still showed some match and ring awareness and were able to prolong the inevitable pretty well. Call ‘Ravishing’ Rick cause these rookies just got a ‘Rude Awakening’. Nonetheless, I fully expect TWC to go forward with this as they have in the past and am on the lookout for a vid promo on Turmoil.

"Kid Ego" Paul Pugh: Greatest of All Time?

This promo on its own seems out of the blue but going together with the written rp at the beginning of the night Pugh seeks to make his case as the GOAT in order to convince Dupree and get his match with the GTGOAT. Nicely put together and comes in at just over a minute to not overstay its welcome. Good video package.

Marisa's 2nd Strike!

The part two to the action witnessed earlier in the night as Marissa targets Evelyn’s assistant. One would think that she would be by Evelyn’s side consoling her after her loss but here we are. Marissa continues producing good video content, this one with a questionable ending but I guess it had to go along with the music.

Kassidy Hayes Has Something To Get Off His Chest!

Kassidy Hayes continues his tour by apologizing for...not winning the LHW Champ? Sort of a weird premise but Kass calls out the King who answers the call. Makes sense for both competitors as they try to work towards a match at the Clash.

Colin Locke and The Storage Wars!

Whaa?!? Who greenlit this?!? Why was this what we didn’t know we needed?!?! They had a budget, picked a theme and stuck to it. Colin Locke continues to branch out and show his expertise!?!? Man just go watch it

SURPRISE SISSAY! It's BIG KD!

KD comes back in his signature video promo style to answer all of the questions. He addresses everything in the only way he knows how with this one probably being my favorite KD promo to date. Great stuff.

Maxx Edwards vs Quartz

Tried to throw the audience for the loopty with the video package in the beginning and it kinda worked!?!? Came out in a Kass Clash colorway afterwards and of course Quartz changes his theme. Think I did pretty good up until the end where I couldn’t reverse. Quartz got this one but I almost had him.

Valkyrie vs. La Mujera Obscura

Main Event. Ooh boy this was a wild one. La Mujera showing no sympathy in the beginning for the returning Valk. Seems all done and dusted but Valk not going down without a fight. Unfortunately, La Mujera was ready and did not let Valk come away with the win. Great match to end the night. Terra coming out afterwards and does not run with the usual beatdown. Instead, she decides to play mind games which I absolutely love to see. Loved the videowork with the Dutch angle or Tilt on after Terra places the chair on Valk’s injured leg to promote uneasiness and that psychological warfare. Good job to all 3 women.

Overall loved the show thought it came together nicely. Good job to everyone but I will repeat Jay's point, Where is this energy on the PPV?

• Mark Out! 12

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

Deadly Golf with Kassidy Hayes & A.C. Cobra!

Interesting use of the word “Deadly”.

Kassidy Hayes Has Something To Get Off His Chest!

Kassidy Hayes continues his tour by apologizing for...not winning the LHW Champ? Sort of a weird premise but Kass calls out the King who answers the call. Makes sense for both competitors as they try to work towards a match at the Clash.

idk why jay added the word deadly lol

the wording in the rp was I could right one wrong without apologizing, since that's all I been doing. All attempts at redemption has been like step 9 in AA, to make amends, this one takes no apology, just action back in the ring.

Haven't watched the show yet myself but wanted to chime in on these 2 points.

thank you for the time for your review and your insight. I did see your attire, it needed a touch more black.

• Mark Out! 5
kass_title_sig.png.a7f4006a6f0be22e5527afaaf7cccb65.png

Tried to throw the audience for the loopty with the video package in the beginning and it kinda worked!?!? Came out in a Kass Clash colorway afterwards and of course Quartz changes his theme.

I liked the idea of trying to get into Quartz' head, but the theme thing wasn't quite ideal, as that is Ijitu Quartz' theme and the reference you were making was to Inness Quartz losing the title to Kass. They do not have the same theme.

I won't hold it against you for not being fully involved in my own ridiculous batshit stupid multiple personality story, though.

That said, I actually liked the use of Ijitu's old theme, as it gave me a very good transition into debuting the new one.

Also, you're welcome for the elevation, kiddo. Now go win a title or I'll regret giving you that much offense.

• Mark Out! 3

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Also I plan to read all the dope RPs and drop my thoughts tomorrow. Proud of the work put in so far this year, even if our matches peak and valley in terms of quality overall.

(spoiler, Colin/Archer win segment of the night)

• Mark Out! 3

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

I am a madman and in the words of Smash Mouth, "And they don't stop coming. Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running."So Here Are The Words!! Spoilers...Duhh! I originally planned to review everything but many of the promos were short promos that set up a match or another promo and hence may be excluded from this review. If your promo is not in this review here is a mid 2000s emoticon thumbs up to make yourself feel good about yourself, !3.

Pugh Calls out Tiberius Dupree

Here we have Pugh continuing his quest to vs Nate. This time he focuses his attention at Dupree who has denied him the match previously. I liked this promo especially how he turned to the fans at the end to let their voices be heard. It is a bit weird as he is trying to pull off the cocky babyface and bigs himself up but...gotta sell the match right? Overall, good promo.

Ashley makes Emp drop her hot dogs

You read that title correctly. These two came into an altercation of sorts, and after Ashley ruined her after dinner snack of two NY hot dogs, Emp wants that belt. I’m down for this feud. Chubby Emp making a world title grab after dealing with Heather. Feels like a rightful challenge and I can’t wait to see more of the creativity from these two.

Locke & Key

A “Pure” Locke & Key segment where Collin finds out he is fighting Quartz!?! Not exactly but Quartz and Spider do make an appearance. They inform him of his real opponent next week, AC Cobra. This also sets up the video segment that would happen later in the show. Good Promo that provided a lot of context and progressed the story while also plugging in some comedy.

Parca at the Hospital

Parca puts over the Young Old Talent, you love to see it. In other news, LC reunite! Also foreshadows LC potentially having to be forced to vacate due to Parca being out of action for an extended period of time. I guess we’ll have to tune in to see what happens. Decent promo, but gets lost in this long show especially with it being a hospital promo. At Least it didn’t overstay its welcome.

Nate Gathers an Army

Nate putting over the Young Old Talent you love to see it! Nate also has the crowd support him on his mission against Dupree to face Quartz and Pugh. I’m not sure why but this was such a fun promo to read even though it was so short. We later realize that Nate is Trump. That’s it. That’s all you get outta me, I ain’t gonna talk about any of the future accompanying promos because they’re self explanatory greatness. Read the show and see what I mean.

Kass meets Revolution Incorporated

Useless snake Kassidy Hayes goes to congratulate Quartz on his championship because he’s a face...Then he tells TY to back off which was hilarious as everyone gets an apology except TY who was very much in Kasstianity. The apology tour continues and Kass makes it clear here that he is not after World Championship gold. I wonder what he is after….hmmmm?

Heather confronts Moore

Everybody wants the belt. Book Em All. We got Emp, Heather and Zoe all looking at the belt and we’re only half way through the show. Makes the belt feel valued and sought after and shows the strength of the women’s division.

Holly confronts Moore

MOOOOOORE WOMEEEEN! Ditto the last post.

Terra calls out Valkyrie

Loove this feud. Is Terra in the right? Absolutely. Is Valkyrie a heel? Technically not. She still has the fan support and Terra is the more violent one so Terra is still the heel while Valkyrie is the face. But Valkyrie is acting overly cocky, but she is admitting her wrongs and doesn’t want to hurt Terra, but Terra still has a point though...this is playing out like a Marvel movie and I’m all here for it! Choose your side, place your bets, and enjoy the drama!

Judge-Trance fallout

Again, Looove this brand new feud more specifically, looove Jordan Trance here. He is such a nicely put together character that real life wrestlers, *cough* Ricochet *cough*, should probably take inspiration from. Not only is he edgy (What’s edgier than Pop Punk?), not only is he rebellious(He is LITERALLY fighting the LAW), but he stands for what's right and supports the literal and figurative little man. He IS THAT teenage baby face. It doesn’t come off as corny, he doesn’t have some ultra smooth faced hunk and he isn’t some perfect do-it-all athlete but he fights for what’s right. WOOOO. Beat that crooked Judge! Was not expecting this tonight. What a bounce back from almost being HMR. Damn! I need more of this, my wallet is out, where can I see this scrap?

Blacksmith responds to B17

The exact same crowd that chanted “Horsey ain’t shit” is now cheering Horse!?!? Fickle fans never like any of them. Anyways, I guess this is Face vs Face? Even though I thought it clearly shouldn’t be. But I think these two are flipping the script around and B17 is slowly heading towards a heel turn after a rewatch of his promo. Regardless, if we’re judging the two promos on what’s a better face promo? I think Horsey mopped the floor. He played the sympathy card extremely well here. I commend him for that as it’s a risky card to play. One misstep and you bury yourself. Horsey played the card like it was he was about to lose in Yu-Gi-Oh and he believed in the heart of the cards. Outstanding promo that makes me want to see the match way more now. Good on both men for not taking the easy way out with how we all thought this feud was going to head towards.

Cort Marshall’s Calls out KD

Continuing this run of interesting character work, especially on the face side that we’ve seen tonight, we got Cort Marshall! Cort is ready for war and his patriotism is on full display tonight in the very best of ways. Great video integration into the RP and I guess we have another match at the Clash. Now I am under the assumption, that some combination of Nate Ortiz, Pugh, and Quartz are gonna main event the Clash because...you just heard me say those names. But I am so excited for all of these feuds that I guess would be under them, I’m actually very much pumped. March 13th, Save the date. twitch.tv/ocwfed. Be There!

P3 Bonanza

Some people don’t like these segments because they break from the established realm of OCW but that’s exactly why I like them. They offer a nice break from the seriousness and all the wrestletalk that surrounds OCW this is a nice break that always makes me feel like I’m reading a comic book, and I’m too young to really have had comic books. Love these segments.

Moore enters the House of Faith

Moore got big timed by Flojo! That’s hilarious. And oh lord. Well there are now some stakes for Flojo if she loses...any match? Lotus joining the House of Faith has breathed some new life into her and I love it. Seems fresh outside and inside the ring.

Blaine’s Promos

I wasn’t gonna forget about Blaine. PICTURES! Is what stands out to me from this set of promos. Here we have Blaine checking herself into a motel room in a series of promos that seem meaningless and then BAM. She meets a grim ending (shoutout Nate Mac). This was very unexpected as it appears MMM slid into her room on some ninja ish, slumped her, took her kidney?!? And is now trying to blackmail her into giving him the bar. That might not be exactly true but there is something with the logo and a movie reference that I am not quite understanding as my OCW AND movie history is not up to par. Unless I am supposed to be missing something? Either way, I’m very interested in this arc and want to see where it goes. Although I didn’t enjoy the consistent mention of this one irrelevant hairless OCW wrestler that was in some bum movie. Regardless, interesting stuff, nice payoff!

That about wraps the show for me. Really Great stuff from all parties involved, especially the faces that seem to be on display tonight in the written promos. Really solid show that puts us on the fast track to the Clash. Quality stuff everyone, hope we can keep the momentum.

• Mark Out! 8

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

Alex Asher is truly the new incarnation of Jett Draven. Shows up, wins, leaves (no RPs necessary). He's good enough on the sticks (minus the cheese) that I'd love to see an involved feud, but frankly I don't know if I see it happening. A shame.
  • Mark Out! 2

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png