spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 7
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Without a doubt, the best segment of the night in my opinion was between Asher and Marisa. What better team than the loverboy and the turbo thot? It had tension, drama, relatability, and more. It didn't pay itself off immediately, and I want to see what happens next week.

Up to this point, I feel like Marisa was kind of throwing things at the wall to see what sticks and that's part of being a rookie. The effort is most certainly there. But this is the first thing that got me looking. On the flip side of the coin, I've talked about Asher in the past and his lack of effort. I so desperately want to be proven wrong by this story, especially because his ring ability can make up for Marisa in spades.

Keep it going.

• Mark Out! 5

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Sorry if I missed something

Good promo from VALcano to start things off. She kinda reminds me of OG Flojo in the way she is unhinged on the mic and very energetic. Honestly I didn’t particularly like the previous one she released on Riot two weeks ago as I felt her character didn’t really show, but this one is much better. It’s short sweet and to the point, plus the Morrison method was used correctly. It sells the match and makes you wanna see more.

DAYUM Rustin is now a #sadboi and he’ll be bumpin Lil Xan and Lil Peep during his Sunday’s strolls. JK I think the way Rust reacted to his two losses is neat and realistic. Empathy is a smart card to play at this current time and I wouldn’t hate to see a Rust vs KD match possibly followed by a rust midcard belt run. I think being able to play off defeats and keep the character evolving is the best skill one could have in ewrestling and this is a good example of how to bounce back from it without necessarily taking time off with the character.

Speaking of VALcano, Jesus her render reminds me of the GTA San Andreas Pedestrians on PS2. I’m not sure if it’s the resolution or whatever, but I immediately felt some sort of nostalgia when it popped up on my YouTube feed. Now, if I have to be completely honest, I think the caw doesn’t really match my mental image of VALcano that I’ve developed throughout the weeks based on the promos. In fact while her promos, entrance theme and why not, even the moveset are quite energetic, the attire feels very depressing and moody. The fire was a nice touch but I think a more flashy and colorful attire would fit her flamboyant persona even more. It’s not really a big deal, just my two cents. Many of us started out with caws that look MILES different from today’s versions, myself included so it can and will definitely change over the next months. You are also lucky in a way because OCW is filled with very talented and helpful creators willing to help out. Nothing to say about Joanna honestly, she looks unique compared to the roster and I quite like the one piece suits as they are not that common. The FPR was okay, just remember that when someone bumps you you shouldn’t attack them right away. Always give space and reset. Overall a solid debut, with Joanna looking strong and VALcano showing potential for the future.

Hyped as fuck to see mad mike back in OCW. Jehst is surely an interesting opponent and the perfect partner to play off this feud, I couldn’t have imagined a better pair to be completely honest. Judging by the content Mike posted on and off throughout the years I kinda already had a mental image of how his toon was going to be, but seeing him actively involved in OCW programming is a completely different thing. Overall the RP was quite interesting and even disturbing at times, but it was solid. Nice use of images as well. Maybe next time you could even use your caw cuts and actually have them in the scene or whatnot, albeit I do understand it’s a lot of effort. Interested to see where this will go.

What I liked the most about The tag team match is the many layers this match offers. In fact, on one side you have a newly formed tag team who were former rivals and on the other side an established team that has been dominant for quite some time and many feel like something is about to happen. The match should be also intriguing from a competitive perspective as well since H2O and DOC have been really good together lately.

The trio match was solid. You can definitely tell the wrestling club is getting there as this is an improvement compared to the previous matches from them. You can also tell that the work JC not S has put in DM chat is showing as he performed quite well compared to his partners. This match wasn’t necessarily about winning, rather about showing how much they are improving and while I can possibly remember every single thing that happened (25 minutes), I felt like it was far smoother than the previous ones. All they need is consistency promo wise and just keep grinding. Good to see Aisu back as well (I know, this is not his return match, he has been back for a while), but you get what I’m saying.

Happy to see Elliot back. While the brother doesn’t have the same amount of momentum the sister has at this current time, he still comes off some solid matches from last year/season. This segment keeps us guessing as to what might happen in his future without revealing too much, which is good, although there’s a hint towards the end suggesting he might go after the LHW which could definitely be a solid rivalry as both handlers have shown good things so far.

No way man… Flojo just got BONKED and sent to horny jail. RIP flojo… wait! The HOF is planning another BONKENING? Oh shit, we better strap in

Marisa Welch pulls a Rust and is depressed too. Probably got hit in the head too many times with those neck bumps at Clash. In fairness, I quite like the introspective elements here as they add to the character. We’ve seen something similar in her written work, but this time around it is in video format. I can definitely enjoy this Asher swerve in a cringe/comedy way a la Bobby Lashley x Lana. I just can’t actually relate to her because of the overall look and gimmick, which make Marisa fun to hate but hard to relate to in my opinion. The effort here is undeniable, she just keeps going even after defeats which is nice to see. My only gripe with the character is the overall presentation as I believe you can easily pull off the hot girl gimmick without being overly explicit. This horse however has been beaten to death already and I’m not gonna get into it, so I’ll just applaud the effort and enjoy the story for what it has to offer.

Tucker is alive and well. Not really much to say about this segment as it was very short and didn’t say much other than him being, in fact, alive and well. Let’s goooooo

Iceman vs Shep stole the show imho. It was very good and back and forth all the way through. This is the big W Iceman needed to propel himself to the upper mid card and get some attention. As for Shep, I am generally not a huge fan of recycled in game assets but those Ziggler trunks are fucking awesome and they fit the character brilliantly, it would have been a complete waste not to use it so I won’t be complaining at all. Overall good stuff from both players, they used the weapons according to the stipulation, they fought all over the ringside area as they were supposed to. I popped for the body slam into a chair spot at 12.07 and for the finish.

I didn’t necessarily dislike the Quartz x Spooder x TY rp as it definitely served its purpose of making TY somewhat relatable and giving the other two characters space and time to shine. I got huge Alex Riley vibes here as he was also kinda mute back then, he never really spoke that much but the people still popped when he turned on Miz and had his moment. I would however like to see more from TY as a whole, more lines, a more defined gimmick and so on. This RP and story definitely sets the perfect chance for him to make a big impact and play off two strong and well written characters. I just wished he would use this opportunity a bit more.

See Maxx Edwards here does exactly what TY could do with Quartz and Spooder at some point in the future, he plays off his heel gimmick and becomes relatable, while still growing as a character, becoming more layered and so on as he evolves and shows a different side of him. B17 x Archer match sounds intriguing enough. These two characters when put against each other can put on quite entertaining promos as they complement each other in a way. Let’s see where this goes.

Great stuff from Colin this season. You can definitely tell he’s got a different pace compared to the rest of his rookie class in regards to quality, consistency and quantity. In a Turmoil in which everyone sold the fallout from Clash, he did it as well despite him being the winner of his match. This promo makes him relatable and solidifies his white meat underdog gimmick.

The Judge x Trance was surprisingly short given the stipulation but it made for an enjoyable watch for sure. Nice finisher Kickout towards the end and a finisher shortly after to seal the deal. I’ll be honest, Judge gives me more babyface vibes than heels ones so I could totally see him transitioning towards a more comedy face role at some point in his career.

Can’t wait for the emp championship party next week. Her video work is always top notch so I’m expecting something amazing for sure.

Fuck Terra Daturas and her shitty flowers

The Danny Watts x Colby segment was honestly the best possible way to cash in the momentum he had off his feud against Fraser, so it’s booking 101 here in my opinion. I really dig Colby’s look, neat as fuck just like every caw Aries touches.

Man I am a huge fan of ??? I cannot wait for him to return to his iconic theme, “???” Played by the ????. Do you guys remember when he hit that guy with his ??? finishing move? Because I do. I popped so hard ??? back in the days.

Dylan, his name is H2O. Harvey Hamilton Ocean. The longest reigning champion in OCW history. Don’t act like you don’t know him. Jokes aside, keep the action separated from the dialogue section of the RP. While it’s not really a big deal, it’s just easier to read imho. That being said, this was a good example of what a post match RP should be. It sells what happened while still showing some showing the positive aspects of the L and why the trio has potential to improve in the future. It also shows frictions within them which makes for interesting scenarios for future RPs, who knows maybe even a split and rivalry.

It’s funny how Wrex and Kass followed similar trajectories in becoming more relatable faceish toons, but while Wrex kept most of his previous gimmick intact, Kassidy changed quite a lot of it and he is now a completely different wrestling personality. This segment was short and to the point. It sold the main event and gave us a reason to care about it. Fin.

I swear to Jesus Christ if I was alone in a dark alleyway and Solomon Caine’s CAW appeared in front of me I’d pee my pants right away. He looks so creepy YET somehow it fits the character so please never change it. OwO what’s this? Looks like Caine has unfinished business with a couple of people. But isn’t Danny busy already? Welp, let’s see who is gonna get shot up next.

I can agree on the fact that TLBS did not walk away from Clash as a complete loser. Matter of fact, he still has quite a lot of momentum on his side. What the character is missing in order to make the full jump from midcard to the main event is a more developed gimmick. At this current time there’s a lack of dark spooky toons in OCW so Matteo can totally fit in very well. All he needs right now is to delve more into that dark side of his persona. He’s a spooky intimidating person right? Then how come he gets made fun of by fucking Cobra on an interview? Cobra should be scared shitless, yet he yawns to his face? This is what I feel could be the next step in his character development. You wanna be spooky? Then actually be spooky.

The match itself was fine, nothing to write home about. Huge fan of Cobras attire, it’s Zelda inspired and I got the reference. I feel like this could be a thing with cobra wearing videogame specific attires every time he is booked. Could be neat. Suplex into a finisher for TLBS and GG. OwO what’s this? Someone even crazier than Matteo is on the X tron? Man… this feud is gonna be something alright.

Jordan’s promo was wrestling 101 in my opinion. Simple, clear, to the point. Sells what happens in the match and portrays his gimmick properly, setting up Jordan for his future on the blue show of OCW.

Farewell to Ashley Moore. The longest reigning women’s champion and the one and only 3x champ of the modern era. An absolute work horse since day one and most of all a good friend. She accomplished so much in so little time. Definitely deserves a break/retirement.

Again, while there could be a lot of great names that B17 could face, like Tony, Rust, even Nate… I still believe archer vs B17 is the match that most people wanna see. Now whether or not it’s going to happen at Lution or R2G I don’t know. But I feel like it is the best direction for both toons.

The dominion reunion towards the end was much needed. While it’s great to see each character involved in individual storylines, I feel it’s important to keep the faction portrayed as a strong cohesive unit. Rust in particular stood out to me the most, because I sense this episode has been a key turning point not only for his season but potentially for his gimmick as a whole. Sure, dominion is back on the same page, but are they really? There are many ways things can go from here and they all lead to fire matchups and scenarios.

The main event was much more evenly matched that I was expecting. I honestly felt like Kassidy was done for and Wrex was just about to put him away but instead Kass found a way to dig in and mount some sort of comeback. I would hope the low blow ending is not just for the sake of it but also a reference to the previous ballbusting gimmick Kassidy had when back in Kasstianity. Karma is an absolute bitch at times, for sure.

• Mark Out! 19
signature.png

Sorry if I missed something

I can agree on the fact that TLBS did not walk away from Clash as a complete loser. Matter of fact, he still has quite a lot of momentum on his side. What the character is missing in order to make the full jump from midcard to the main event is a more developed gimmick. At this current time there’s a lack of dark spooky toons in OCW so Matteo can totally fit in very well. All he needs right now is to delve more into that dark side of his persona. He’s a spooky intimidating person right? Then how come he gets made fun of by fucking Cobra on an interview? Cobra should be scared shitless, yet he yawns to his face? This is what I feel could be the next step in his character development. You wanna be spooky? Then actually be spooky.

The match itself was fine, nothing to write home about. Huge fan of Cobras attire, it’s Zelda inspired and I got the reference. I feel like this could be a thing with cobra wearing videogame specific attires every time he is booked. Could be neat. Suplex into a finisher for TLBS and GG. OwO what’s this? Someone even crazier than Matteo is on the X tron? Man… this feud is gonna be something alright.

Ty for the review. I can't impose fear in my enemies. What I can do, is punishing them in the ring if they don't take me seriously.

• Mark Out! 2

RP 01 : Mean VALCano Girl

>>>LINK TO AUDIO FILE<<<

Really enjoyed this one. I felt it was a bit stronger than the previous Val RP on RIOT. I get a real MEAN GIRLS vibe and I love me some wordplay, so I appreciate all the volcano references to really push the gimmick/brand. But she better be careful, because she may consider Joana a big ugly silver rock, but maybe she’s big enough to plug the VALCano before it has time to blow up?

RP 02 : Rust Cohle Bares His Soul

>>>

<<<

If you were wondering where Rust goes after his last two matches with Quartz. The answer: he goes away? I guess you can take the blade out of France, but you can’t take France out of the blade -- joke. But, I gotta say, it kinda bothered me to hear Rust apologize for his recent actions. On the other hand, it’s interesting to see people going in different directions, rather than just doubling down on douche.

I got the feeling that Rust was about to take a hiatus, due to feeling down in the dumps, but then KD comes along and dumps more on his already existing dump. We get some classic KD, but I’m not sure if it will stop Rust from eating them French Cries. I have a feeling KD ain’t done badgering this baguette.

RP 03 : Mad Hollywood Head Games

WOW! What an RP. So good... so damn good. Kudos to all those involved. It’s like I was there when I read it... like the writers knew how to reach me, ya know? Great stuff. Just wonderful. LOL

But seriously, had a good time working on this with Jehst. Despite our weird schedules, we manage to squeeze out the juice from our melons.

MATCH : Joanna Silver vs VALCano

I like the overall look of Joanna: the singlet, the silver hair. The face looks good and the tats look pretty realistic. I feel there needs to be more definitive designs on the singlet itself. The big logo on her tum-tum is a good start, but from a distance, nothing really distinguishes her from any other black singlet. Maybe a JS on the sides or use of the Silver and Purple... dunno. Still, as I said at the start, I like the overall.

VALCano looks more indie, for sure. I suspect those are flames on her skirt and top, but once again, it gets lost from a distance. I wish there were more fire-based colors instead of just black with a string of fire at the edges -- yellows, oranges, reds, even whites. She looks kinda punk/goth... Hot-Topic... so at the very least, the big boots with flames coming up the sides.

Her body type reminds me of Alicia Fox, with the long legs and a thin physique, but it stands out in OCW for sure. Curious to see how the overall look evolves.

RP 04 : Gorilla Press Conference : Lucha Country & D20

Nothing like a good press con to get everyone’s take on an upcoming match. They can be a bit drab at times, especially if tables don’t get flipped or belts don’t get stolen, but I’m usually interested in hearing what both sides have to say.

Thankfully, Reese was there to provide some relief from the tense tones of DOC/H2O (D20) with his country grammar and linear, but likable, linguistics.

I also got the sense that some of the questions were answered out of order... but I could be wrong... I get lost easily at my age.

MATCH : The Wrestling Club vs. DOC, H2O & Aisu

Wrestling Club may show up late, but their attires gotta coordinate. Who doesn’t appreciate matching attires in a team? X-Men did it... Fantastic Four... Cool Runnings. All the great teams do it.

Aisu has one of those entrances where I can’t remember if it’s the same song or not. I also spoke of my love for coordination earlier, so I have to point out how Aisu’s entrance-lighting kinda triggers me, as it doesn’t seem to sync with the music that well. I’m sure most people don’t even notice or have any kind of opinion on the matter, but I made a similar comment about Holly Hunter’s entrance -- where she came out like Speedy Gonzalez on cocaine, but her music was very low-key at the time, so the sound didn’t match the energy we were seeing.

Now, both of these examples are not technically mains, so I’m not looking for the same attention to detail, but Aisu is pretty well known at this point, so I see him as a legit main character.

RP 05 : Elliot Parker Refuses to Stay Parked

Much like Jules from Pulp Fiction planned to follow the philosophy of Kwai Chang Caine, who wandered the earth in Kung Fu (1970’s show starring David Carradine from Kill Bill fame), Parker wants to put his spin on the trope. I hope he doesn’t follow his footsteps too closely and avoids putting too much spin on the rope. That’s a horribly tasteless joke, but I couldn’t help myself… especially since no one will likely catch the reference.

Moving on! We’re introduced to a possible new roster member, and we learn that Parker has some heavy pull in OCW; or, at least, he believes he does. In either case, as a man of the land and then the Gram, Parker can’t be stopped by death or dollars -- this sounds expensive -- as his journey begins, despite the rough start.

NOTES

Man… that’s a lot of content on page one, alone. I’ll stop here for now.

You may have noticed I’ve been messin’ with audio files again, and now that I’m getting the hang of it, and have a way to easily upload/share the files, I may end up making AUDBILE versions of RPs I enjoyed… so others can enjoy via audio files.

• Mark Out! 14

Maybe next time you could even use your caw cuts and actually have them in the scene or whatnot, albeit I do understand it’s a lot of effort.

Yeah, it's a matter of time and effort. I have the will and ideas I want to run, but I had to make the choice of MMM at 25-50% or not at all. Luckily, I've also learned to not dwell on stuff I can't/couldn't do... I just try to focus on what I can fit in there.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

• Mark Out! 3

PAGE 02

RP 06: Lotus Flower In The Attic

What a dark little House of Faith they’ve built. With a leader --who, in my eyes, is the OCW equivalent to Granny Goodness from DC comics-- ruling with an iron cage, no one wants to get on her bad side. The trouble is, I’m not sure she even has a good side. I’m talking about the great Caleigh, of course.

One of the things I like about this RP is the weight it puts on the Women’s Chamber match. It’s great to win, but what are the consequences for those who lost? Even better: what is the consequence for the one eliminated first? Well, we find out and witness how the House of Faith ensures the foundation stays strong.

Unfortunately, the Purple Lotus is hidden from the sun, in a moment that can be considered “tough love” or “kidnapping” with a side of “false imprisonment”. I mean, I get it -- we all have our way of parenting, so I’m not judging.

RP 07 : Marisa Welch Is Broken!

>>>

<<<

Is this just a small piece of the “peace out” puzzle, or is Marisa Welch really removing her jelly from the OCW sandwich? I’m always wary of commenting on stories where the lines blur --occasionally reaching out to those involved to ensure I don’t push any sensitive buttons-- but this is one of the more intriguing angles, given the veracity of Marisa’s introduction to OCW.

RP 08 : Tucker and Run... Back

I can appreciate how Tucker acknowledges his absence and makes no excuses. I do, however, have trouble determining whether to cheer or jeer this guy. At first glance, I get this peaceful, one-with-the-earth vibe; but then he’ll make a momma joke at the audience’s expense, so the jury is still out for me. Still, I'm glad to see the Tuckster back in action.

MATCH : ICEMAN MAC vs. SHEPARD

Shepard may not be the Kang of OCW, but his flattop is pretty close to being a natural crown. And let's not forget championships around his… leg? I keed, but I do enjoy Shepard’s look.

RP 09 : TY But No TY

Great RP. The setup was crisp and clear; the mood change was sudden and abrupt; I know that TY is kinda oblivious; Ryu is kinda weasely and Quartz is the Head-Dick-In-Charge.

The contrast between TY and Quartz also represents stages of maturity and life. Where TY represents the youthful exuberance, not yet crushed by the weight of compounding letdowns and failures; Quartz represents the cutthroat acceptance of the dog-eat-dog world where one has to do the crushing. Spider is… well... he represents the power of networking... I guess*.

Because TY represents the part of us we can recall with fondness, due to our blissful ignorance, it’s difficult not to route for him. Quartz reminds us that walking hard can lead to great accomplishments, despite the cost of trusting others or being vulnerable; so we may not like him, but it’s hard not to respect him.

Will Quartz mold Sparks into the Doom Machine that B17 could not pull-out... or off? Or, perhaps TY will show Quartz the value of nurturing, over nature. My money is on Spider making this all moot somehow.

*I may have, in fact, used this analogy before... but at least I'm consistent

• Mark Out! 13