spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 6
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Nick's Twisted Tea Review

With a 24 fl. oz. can of Twisted Tea® Half & Half, I'm ready to get this bad boy on the road. Let's get it.

PAGE ONE

VALcano Promo

The ole' 'cano took a loss and went for a redesign, fair enough. With the insults to Silver and Debbie, she seems like a heel. A superheel, you might say. I await a feud for her true colors.

Valkyrie/Empress Promo

"how's your head... I haven’t heard any complaints yet.... [o]h you mean the cake"

Valk is disappointed by Emp's big-timing. Will the frustration mount and boil over?

Debbie D vs. VALcano -

VAL is small, holy shit. She also got her ass whooped, no color, no question. So far into 2K19, the skill gap is noticeable with most new rookies. I would recommend reaching out to veterans for DMs, no disrespect to the veterans of DM chat (Jake mentioned that VALcano DM'd after the match and improved). Losing all the time is no issue, I know from experience. Getting whooped everytime is another thing, and while we are a hybrid fed, the competitive aspect is important.

Cort and Jehst Promo

'MURRRRRRRRRRRRICA

Hollywood USA vs. KD and Shepard -

I still love KD's theme. Classic tag team action, no complaints from me.

B17 and Not Caine Promo

"Bingo delivers the coup de grace"

Most unrealistic thing I've seen so far. Also did B just bingo punch a cat?

PAGE TWO

Quartz Promo

Classic Quartz and Spider.

Pillars of Greatness Promo -

Passion, Engagement, Experience, and Success - PEES. A diamond. I don't know who this is, and I'm bad at guessing.

Reese, TLB, and Parca Promo

Lucha Country dare not approach the unsuccessful vampire. Entertaining, certainly.

Alex Asher vs. Hunter McIntyre -

Carter socked McIntyre at Clash, where's that feud gone? Maybe I'm active and uninformed. Duckunder vs. overriding move vs. running move vs. whatever the fuck. Beyond me to tell anyone how to play the game but I would personally avoid stacking a moveset with dropkicks and duckunders. Which is sad because I love the Asher/Marisa storyline happening right now.

Edwards and Feinstein Promo

The original UAE went by the wayside, now Feinstein and Archer look to rebuild. The Mega Bucks again. Maxx says fuck that, Feinstein eats his lunch (literally). Wonder what Maxx is up to next?

Iceman and Blacksmith Promo

The Iceman is a great promo, plus he looks the part. Some say that ditching Leo Grimm wasn't the move, but I say that the best gimmick is one that you enjoy and are most comfortable with. Being adaptable is great, but if you don't think you see a path forward after searching, that's your choice and frankly Iceman has proved to be a force in his own right. Is Blacksmith losing his shine, losing his fire? Will the Iceman prey on that? The extinguish line was a banger. For future promos, I would suggest muting the discord/phone/etc. for the immersion but that's just a nitpick.

PAGE THREE

Dominion Promo

Watts is showing hesitation towards his Dominion bretheren, questioning the motives of the veterans. Tension building? Regardless, Rusty wants to prove a point on his own.

Locke & Key Promo

Unreviewed.

Judge Leroy Brown III vs. Jon Carter -

Unreviewed.

Cobra and Quartz Promo

Quartz dumps the video games cause violence trope right on AC Cobra's head, delicious. Given their history, Cobra is a great first defense other than Cohle. Problem is, the skill gap is too wide. There needs to be something in that match, or something building to that match, that softens the ensuing squash. Or maybe Cobra has another moment? Comp is comp.

Marisa Promo -

I really don't know why I enjoy this, but Marisa and Asher have delivered week after week. I've enjoyed all of it. Asher got himself some and I loved it. If Asher cleaned up his cheese and beat some ass with Marisa by his side, I would be all-in. It's nice to see all of Marisa's efforts in something I can be invested in.

PAGE FOUR

Dupree and Terra Promo

Terra wants to beat Valkyrie again? Damn.

Wolves of Vanguard vs. Lucha Country -

I hate whiff gaming (when you stand back and wait for someone to grab/strike and then hit them), period. It's ok once or twice, but not as an entire strategy. Feel free to disagree with me. Also, what's with the loud crowd and muted game audio? I personally don't prefer that either, but that's a nitpick.

Empress Promo

Holly takes a pic with Empress' mom, Emp is bissed. Trying to get in Emp's head, would probably be better suited to strike at the gut.

H2O and Nate Ortiz Promo

H2O doesn't care if he gets booed brother!

FINALE

Ryu Promo

Spider threatens the boss with a story of Indian massacre, classy. What's coming to Jaysin Clinton Sensation?

Terra, Valkyrie, and Heather Promo

Bertha is back for blood, and so is Heather.

Main Event Cluster -

Wrex wins, Cohle dies, and so does Blacksmith. A classic Main Event ending if I do say so myself.

• Mark Out! 9

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

The Wig amplifies anything it bonds with. It takes those personality traits or physical traits that may not be noticeable and puts them into overdrive. Therefore, yes. I punched a cat. However it wasn't just a cat at that point it was a very very evil cat that showcased a diobolical intent of human enslavement.

I just saved the world. You're welcome.

• Mark Out! 6

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

Nick's Twisted Tea Review

I hate whiff gaming (when you stand back and wait for someone to grab/strike and then hit them), period. It's ok once or twice, but not as an entire strategy. Feel free to disagree with me. Also, what's with the loud crowd and muted game audio? I personally don't prefer that either, but that's a nitpick.

I've hated it since I started here in 04. Fortunately, most people don't do it. But you can still notice when it's the only thing that's done.

H2O is going to get booed and a broken nose, can't wait.

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

I've hated it since I started here in 04. Fortunately, most people don't do it. But you can still notice when it's the only thing that's done.

H2O is going to get booed and a broken nose, can't wait.

It’s a legitimate strategy for some now unfortunately.

I’m not expecting to come out unscathed. But if you think for one second you’re not coming out with a loose tooth then you must be crazy.

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Not a complaint just asking for clarification. You mentioned the Whiff strategy during the tag match, was that me? I know I did some ring ins and roll outs away from Reese but I honestly thought it was a good And realistic heel tactic. I broke FPR on the ground mount didn’t mean to do that. If I make those mistakes I immediately pick the person up and let them get theirs in, I’ll even go as far as letting a whole sequence depending how bad a break. I’ll take more than just a hit or kick, because I don’t like fuckin up. And I make myself pay. If it’s a bad break like a crapple I will let two knock downs.
The Iceman has spoken. Dig It!

I was speaking in general, I'd have to go back and rewatch it. But in general the im gonna sit back and wait for the other guy to initiate tactic is something that has been around since 04. It's never been applauded. It falls right in with the moonwalking backing away all the time that people do as well. Like all things in moderation.
  • Mark Out! 2

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

SOME QUICK CHARACTER NOTES FROM JEHST:

+ Debbie D looks like a fuckin star with that new attire and entrance. On point.

+ Not sure on the entrance motion of Val, I would go with the "Hurricane" entrance we were pushing for Mantis to show off that more heroic, superhero vibe. New attire is a step up, love the half mask, but I'd also give her red hair as it's uncommon in the OCW womens division, heck, in the entire fed. And more flames on the attire. Good to see the rookie developing, though, good stuff. Also, if you hit a major use that to your advantage to get some damage in - doing one move is not a good payoff for losing two reversals. These are things you'll pick up as you go though.

+ I don't know what Hunter McIntyre is about by his attire and theme/entrance. Mandalorian symbol on his back which would symbolise a bounty hunter of some kind or a brutal streak / showman-like attire with tassels / hip hop music. Seems like an incongruent combination. Going forward hopefully we see the gimmick and character evolve into something more cohesive. It's a typical rookie issue, one that I was also guilty of, so I hope to see what evolves there.

+ Judges new attire is step up - I like the two tone colours, and still sticking with the darker shades keeps Judges no-nonsense demeanour intact. Gotta love the move set too.

+ Loved TWC using tag team heel tactics to distract Judge and win the match. Good placement of cutscenes that haven't edited the actual comp match are great storytelling pieces - dug it a lot.

+ Asher and Marisa story vid was great - liked the video RP a lot. Now we need to see Asher feud with someone and see where this relationship goes and who else gets tangled into this story.

+ Tag champs are stars - always got the matching attires and great CAW designs. Would liked to have seen WotV use a cohesive colour scheme (I'm just a sucker for matching tag attires). Shame we didn't get an entrance, but I've dug the Mac attire with the biker jacket style with the WotV logo and MC insignia so even if they both came out with matching jackets of that type it'd be a game changer IMO.

+ Rust exudes "Main Eventer" - the attire, the entrance, love it. In fact everyone in the ME looked like they belong. The only 'critique' I have is TLBS's facepaint. To me it's always been a bit "busy", particularly on the dark red side, it's hard to make out. And the lack of designs on the tights. But those are just nit-picky things that my OCD brain picks up. Horsey's character and legacy in OCW are not hurt at all by it, still remains a huge pop for me.

• Mark Out! 7

My image don't load no mo so fuck it.

dqRLTuq

In regards to the color scheme I actually have an attire to match his, but we were in a time crunch and I thought I already had the entrance saved So used that attire. Come to find out, I couldn’t find it and we ran out of time. Jamie was up way late and it just had to be submitted, so I’ll take the heat on that one.
The Iceman has spoken. Dig It!

+ Rust exudes "Main Eventer" - the attire, the entrance, love it. In fact everyone in the ME looked like they belong. The only 'critique' I have is TLBS's facepaint. To me it's always been a bit "busy", particularly on the dark red side, it's hard to make out. And the lack of designs on the tights. But those are just nit-picky things that my OCD brain picks up. Horsey's character and legacy in OCW are not hurt at all by it, still remains a huge pop for me.

I'm aware I'm terrible as a designer lol. For sure I shall study a new facepaint design.