TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 10
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

I lurved the opening promo. I like the 4 that will be contending. Who do I think would be the biggest challenge? Definitely fatty. Who would I like to see win? Jehst. Who will likely win due to an unnaturally high success rate in multi? Kass. Great work.

Owen that is some seriously low energy intro music. Was that the rains of castamere? While haunting, I don't feel it fits. Fpr was clunky, but that is to be expected when starting. More time in quality 1v1 dms will help you learn the rules of engagement. I just didn't have enough time to Guage moveset or fit but I did love those heavy chops near the end and the quality reversal timing on the finishers. Those German suplexwa look mean too. Not getting hit with a finisher really is the best strategy. Good win, cobra. You are my Jungle Boy.

• Mark Out! 8

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

W for win! Woopsie, Hunter.

Match looked solid from an fpr standpoint. Dug Davy's moveset. That spinning kick into the drop kick was nice. Bit run heavy from both. Don't dab you idiot! Quality match with some majors thrown in there. Oh. That headlock driver is wicked quick. God what is that music? Gotta clean up that editing. End scene needs to be cut.

I really like the idea of the teaser to the Clark effect, but why are we swearing on tv?

Lol. Mantis coming out to get beaten up is the best timeline.

Look at that big ole beefy Telos!

We seem to have a new wave of indy riffic younglings. Not a bad thing, just an observation. Many of you share moves. Superkicks and that rush move do stand out to me, along with Florida keys. Is that fully accurate? Idk but when I see a move I associate with another it just stands out to me. And it's not bquite a fair statement due to the limitations of the game, but there are plenty of moves out there that are very rare to see.....Feed me more clothline certainly isn't shared, I give you that.

Hehe. Nice move, Terra.

• Mark Out! 8

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

spacer.png

Doc. I will book you a plane ticket to join Wrex and I.

0f76a56cd1de4344a097dcd2331b1727.gif

Elliot's reliance on the Florida keys was very evident in his match against Kass. It us a crutch for him. He has a fundamental misunderstanding of range.

• Mark Out! 8

spacer.png

Alright, it's my turn again!

First of all, congratulations to everyone on an AWESOME Lution + 1 show! I don't think there was anything I didn't enjoy, so let's just get into the meat and taters!

MATCHES

COBRA VS OWEN

Man, I really wanted Owen to win, but for a first showing, it was pretty good. His FPR's not quite there yet and he's obviously still getting used to our style, so it's not really his fault at all. He did the best with what he had, and I think he did a great job. Also, I like Rains of Castamere and I'm DOWN for it, you do you big king!

ICEMAN VS MANTIS

Not a match, but watching Nate beat the dogshit out of Mantis was fun. #BeatUpMantisO'Grady

DAVY JONES VS HUNTER MCINTYRE

That son of a bitch Hunter McIntyre. Solid match from both guys, and not gonna lie, even if it was unintentional, I popped HUGE for Baxter hitting Hunter with his own signature. Sucks to see Bax take an L, but hey! Stuff happens sometimes. Glad Bax got his win back.

TELOS vs NATHANIEL ANDERSON

Man, Nathaniel knew what he wanted from this match, getting the vet to red LONG before taking any significant damage, but in the end, all it took was one SIG from Telos! Not even a fin! SUDDEN DEATH, BAYBAYYYY. Love to see it, and love to see a returning vet get his due.

WoV VS JUSTICE INC, LLC

Fantastic match from everybody, even with a little bit of game fuckery going on. Perfect runtime, perfect amount of time for everyone involved, the only thing that sits weird with me is ALMIGHTY JUDGE getting the winning fall. It's not a bad thing, IMO the right team won, but I feel like Colin needed that pin more. Judge vs Tre when?

KD VS TOBIN FROST

This is my first exposure to Tobin Frost, and ho. Lee. FUCK. What a hoss fight. Shocked that KD went down, but damn, what a way to make Tobin's presence felt, taking a legend to the absolute legend and then toppling him like that. There's scary, and then there's Tobin Frost scary.

ELLIOT PARKER VS KASSIDY HAYES

First of all, goddammit Kass XD.

Second of all, I don't know what in the blue hell is going on here. I'm glad that Parker got a win, but... is he aligned with Wrestling Club now? He's obviously not a nice guy for beating the dog ass out of TY Sparks and he did NOTHING to protect Kass, but... what's the endgame here? Is Elliot gonna get a gun at the LHW strap before John inevitably gives it to Rust? IDK. I look forward to what Parker has to say.

BLAINE VS TURRA

Talk about a COME-FROM-BEHIND win. Blaine absolutely dominated from bell to bell, but Turra pulled the win pretty much from out of her ass with two back-to-back DDTs. I think Emp has some reason to be a bit concerned for her title here soon...

THE MAIN EVENT: PARCA VS H20

Holy spot monkey, batman! Honestly, surprised the match didn't go longer, but both guys got some great spots and good offense, from that DISGUSTING springboard moonstomp early on to the Ocean of Paradise from Water Boi, all the way to the end of the match. And hey, as far as what came afterwards, you gotta give H20 credit for seeing shit coming this time around.

And unlike Solomon Caine, I am an honorable man! I let him shoot first! Now start recognizing El Parca or I'm gonna be mad >: (

PROMOS

Quartz has SO MANY HEADHUNTERS on his ass. Kassidy, K'D, Thomas Archer, AND Justin Jehst. Out of all of them, I gotta say that right now, Jehst seems to be the most credible threat for the near future, but I think Kass will be the one to eke out his shot first. We'll see, though!

P3... I don't fuckin' blame ya!

H20 must have been selling his future botches super-fucking-early because that man just compared himself to Jesus and Haille Selassie LMAO! Jokes aside, even if the rap was atrocious, I love it. H20's just corny as hell and I love him as a character already.

Alyssa Marceaux! I wasn't here for NewU or anything attached to it, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Cajun Queen in action in the tail end of this season. Really sad that this is the only Cajun rep we're getting, though... if only...

Holy SHIT I loved the B-Ball promo. Derek really got to shine in this one, which I like a lot! I think Wolves of Vanguard will be a great vehicle for Derek to grow and flourish as his own man, and I hope that it works out for him. Out of character, he's a good friend and I love 'im. <3

Turra you hippy bitch. I love the classic shitheel 'come out to the face's music' shtick, never gets old. Quickly setting up the future feud between her and Emp, too, nice and simple.

Solomon really did just open the million dollar briefcase. I don't THINK he's gonna beat Rust Cohle for the title on Turmoil, but just IMAGINE if he did. IMAGINE taking that away from Rust, taking that feather in his cap and becoming the last Pride champion... and the FIRST North American champion of this new era. Salami Kane, you've done it again.

Actually, I'm not gonna go and do each of their promos just because I feel like I'd be retreading my points, so let me put this here. Wolves of Vanguard, Parca, Dillinger, H20, Emp, Marisa and Dane really put in MAD WORK this show on the promo front. I saw one of these motherfuckers on EVERY PAGE and it somehow stayed fresh and not too overexposed. Love to see solid hands guiding the show and the stories therein.

Valk, Valk, Valk, you're my fave, you're the one who told me to join up here, but you GOTTA know when to walk away. You coulda just stayed home...

MARISA. I'm not really sold on her gimmick, but she's certainly made an impact on this show. Got a new best friend throwing out her old, dirty laundry, and then she comes in and adds insult to injury on poor Valk. She's definitely got my attention now.

Maxx being a national treasure as always. I look forward to finishing what Justin Jehst started at Wrestlelution. Like all good shows nowadays, I'm afraid Maxxed Out has to get cancelled after just one episode : (.

Doc going on to the great retirement ranch of Michigan, with nothing left to prove to any of us, and passing the torch on the way out like a true superstar. Alexa, play AWWWDACITY.

I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROAAAAAAAAAAAACHING, PRO-VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING-- wait that's not Ijitu Quartz. Huh! Well, I look forward to seeing whoever this is regardless! Another great grab for the women's divison, which always needs fresh faces : ).

Not gonna lie, Owen turning down Fraser was a surprise. Hopefully they beat some respect into each other sooner rather than later. MORE BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPIN' MEAT, GODDAMMIT!

Oooo I forgot Rusty! Rusty really pulled his weight tonight, and he slapped around Salami Kane just right for my liking. REALLY looking forward to their match.

Other than that, nothing really stuck out to me, but that's not a bad thing! everything was so good that I couldn't find any fault in it! GREAT JOB GUYS AAAAAAAAAAA

• Mark Out! 11

Christian Garcia:

1x North American Champion

Jasmin Kaffee:

1x World Women's Champion

The difference between a long good show and a long shit show is that a long good show feels filling, because it has some meat to it. This show is an example of a good long show.

Great Opening Segment to open up the show with Quartz delivering his Post-Lution address and setting up the OCW World Title Picture with some people that got some good momentum to them and the returning Sissay destroyer.

Cobra is an example of how confidence and comfort can really elevate someone’s skill. Even though there were some FPR issues during the match, It’s good to see Cobra hang around some more and catch his stride a little bit. Owen still has a lot to learn but I have no doubt that he’ll get better as he has shown to have the drive and interest to do so.

Harvey got dreads because...astrology? H2OCW Revenge ain’t over I guess. And he dropped a freestyle to a Youtube Type Beat!?!?!? You really need to go read this for yourselves, this place is wild mann. You either love Harvey or you don’t and this personifies that.

Dane Ramsey giving us a preview. I like it…a lot.

This Iceman-TLB&Mantis feud has me thoroughly confused. We just came off a Lution where Mantis and Blacksmith set up a literal ambush on Iceman but now we see Mantis gets beat up and based on the post-segment promo we’re supposed to feel sorry for him? This ain’t doing it for me.

Elliott’s(character) wife is getting into Wrestling/OCW. I would be more supportive of this but I can’t help but think this would mean we see less character development for Elliott himself, something he desperately needs.

Justice INC LLC. vs WOV in basketball!?!? Who the F- Plays to 21 by 1’s and 2’s!? This promo reminds me of the weird Street Profits vs Viking Raiders segments we had.

Chris Baxter and his editing woes. I’m sure you’re being talked too about it and if not you can DM me and we can sort it out. Not even mad though. In fact, this shows how spoiled we have all been with video content from everyone and anyone. It’s not that long ago Jamie had his editing woes or when B17 showed up to the wrong Turmoil arena.

Re: El Parca: In the words of Kanye West, “My Presence is a present, kiss my a$$”

Terra vs Our Women’s Champion “No Talk Just Hands” Empress. I’m all for it.

Aye Dupree! Where’s Kass’s special briefcase? #Justice4KassidyHayes

H20 all over the show. He beautifully connects a lot of puzzle pieces in his second promo.

Parca tried to do what H20 did right after him. Didn’t come off as well. Sorry bubba, no redos.

Spider ain’t gone. Still in his vermin ways.

IDK what happened with Anderson but props to Telos for overcoming that.

New character is teased but I think we already know who it is??

That Harvey-Emp-Blaine promo was G O L D E N. Promo of the night for me

Cobra proved this and got me thinking but Elliott solidified it. Confidence and comfort goes a long way in the ring.

I’ll be honest, when I made the ad for Maxxed Out, I had no idea what I was gonna do. But I knew I wanted to do Maxxed Out as they’re always a lot of fun and they’re formatically easy(just pictures and text)but they leave a lot of room to play with as you’re not really using much from the game. Overall, I was able to improve and have fun with the edits and create a relatively succinct promo and be able to hit my points. I was personally very happy with this promo and was glad it was received well.

Also this show has a lot of "upsets" or times where if it was scripted the other man would have won. A lot of people's "momentum" got "crushed" but we all know it doesn't work that way round here.

Now, in terms of OCW, I feel like this show reveals how “healthy” it is. I say healthy because there is so much movement going on but it’s not too fast. I mean just this show, take two previously weak divisions, the women’s and tag team’s. The Women’s saw a lot of their members transition smoothly into new feuds, and we see some new and some returning faces. The Tag Team’s saw a lot of teams/stables either form or get a new member in recent weeks, and overall had a lot of development even after we just had a 3 way Tag Match where two of the teams disbanded afterwards. Finally, I’d like to say Jake said this, that this show wasn’t crowded and that people are taking their time. At first, I disagreed due to the sheer length of this show but in retrospect, he’s absolutely right. Not everyone “got their shxt in” and it’s okay. Certain things from Lution weren’t touched upon and other segments(video and written) left me with more questions than answers but that’s okay. This is a weekly show. Not everything has to be some neatly-tied self-sufficient package. That’s what the go-home and PPV is for. This show was really good at BEGINNING to lay some of the pieces of the Post-Lution OCW landscape, and there is not much more you can ask for from a show coming off of a huge show. Bat some crazy empty Turmoil(which I think we would still be okay given the other show we had before Lution that was empty) I think OCW is in a good place.

• Mark Out! 12

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

Perspective note: When I watch matches, I'm not really watching people's FPR unless it's super noticeable, I'm more or less taking the match in as a wrestling fan out of pure markdom for the characters and their portrayal.

Cobra and Owen was kind of all over the place, they didn't really have any chemistry and nothing really clicked. Owen definitely feels like he needs to get more comfortable and confident with the OCW style but I definitely feel like out of the two competitors he had more structure to the moves he was trying to put together.

SUPAKICK hot start, haha. Hunter and Baxter started out fun but at some point Hunter just took over. This was good, just kinda short. Poor Bax.

I like Telos' moveset, I just wish he'd put his moves together a little differently. Same for Nathaniel, both these guys seems to have pretty clean FPR but a lot of times it seems like they're hitting moves for the sake of hitting moves with no rhyme or reason. I like the irish whip into the deep six, any sig/fin that you can do in a couple of different ways is always nice to have.

Boy that six man was a long match and the wrong team won!

KD and Frost was a good match, two vet handlers doing their thing but I think KD has a bit of ring rust.

Parker and Kass was a good match, a lot of back and forth which is really good to see and it was pretty even throughout. Holy shit, I can't believe Parker really joined TWC, that ending scene with the break down brawl was well put together but could have been clipped a little quicker in some places. I enjoy the visual storytelling with limited resources!

Really enjoyed the match between Terra and Blaine! Blaine was whooping that ass for a while but Terra came back! Lots of good psychology in this match and I love to see it! #TURRA! I'M A BELIEVER!

The Douchador and the watery one showing why they're the main event and my Match of the Night. The opening springboard pele kick by Parca and the double foot stomp to the outside with the crazy sell were amazing. Parca i'd drop that running Spanish Fly if i were you, it misses 9 times out of 10 but it does look pretty sweet when it hits.

Videos:

Everybody hit the mark with their content this week and I don't feel like anyone oversaturated themselves. A big standout to me was Maxxed Out calling out the washed up returnees from Lution and hyping his turmoil match. The editing and comedy on that was stellar work, so much detail put in.

Same goes for the opening video promo of the night, editing everyone into the ring like that and photoshopping out the ropes to put over each character and then putting the video together is a lot of tedious work but brought on a beautiful result. I really wanted to do with with my segment but there were way too many moving parts.

I like the video RPs that are there either for a visual or are leading up to something like the Baxter attack on Hunter. I hate missing some videos in my review but it's all tight work by everyone and you should all be proud of your work.

There are so many RPs to talk about, everything had intrigue and built to something.

There were Dillingers, Mantises, Spiders with Pride.

Faceoffs, mysterious briefcases, I wonder what's inside?

Dominion unified in their dominion, need I say Moore?

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes galore!

There were Frosted Frenzies, an X$pen$ive Xplanation.

Some douche showed up and almost started an invasion.

Recruited rookies, respected retirements.

And fight scenes: it's basically a requirement.

There were Terminators, trainees, and a terrible rap.

The Wolves will beat you all in basketball, no cap.

With rain and lightning, it'll never be quiet.

Oh what a delight, just another night on Riot.

• Mark Out! 7
Signature.png

• Administrators

There is soooooo much to unpack. My only take away thus far is that It was not a sandwich in the briefcase for Salami, I mean I packed the brief case but you know how it goes. Also

http://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/234383494921322496/860693789168107550/E5VRRgMXMAIuQmn.png

• Mark Out! 6
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Little Takeaways:

Very glad to see Tobin back. That's a huge move.

Video RP of the night goes to Colin and Tre with the dream/nightmare sequence. Innovative, original, captivating.

Doc send off. Sad.

Yet to read everything but that's a long ass show.

Good job everybody.

Summer begins.

• Mark Out! 3

The FrenchBlade

spacer.png