spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators

• Mark Out! 8
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Adding a new mini game to see whats up!

http://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593872120644239387/865761039345647616/ocw-321.png

AND DISCUSS!

Don't forget to fill out the survey.

SURVEY!

• Mark Out! 3
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

I know it’s easy to say hey I’ll do this later. But try to just get stuff to recorders ASAP.

Tre that look would have been nice for ppv or in the tag. Was kinda sad to see it here.

May to weave some stories together. It was a little disjointed but can’t knock the effort. Still gotta watch the rest.

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

H20’s Ted Talk is replayed ICYMI, this time, not in all bold. Not much to say but I mention it only to talk about Harvey and how he’s inconsistently displayed through text and video. To me, it seems that Harvey’s text and video appearances tell different stories. In text, we’ve seen a more relaxed comical Harvey that is trying to get back to his glory days. This seems to be in his own universe and we see some nice interactions with employees, Emp, and Blaine. Perfectly fine. On the other hand, through the video tidbits we’ve seen with Caine and his pre-match package with Garcia, we see a very serious Harvey. One that’s not as clear a character and one that seems more impulsive. At times, he’s this big babyface almost underdog-esque character and at other times, he’s this cocky powerful Heel character that doesn’t have time to face rookies and instead has to go slap the mess out of a drunken Caine. One of these Harvey’s is on top of his game(or atleast thinks he is) and the other is trying to get back to the top. Two conflicting stories. Then, there is the H2OCW Revenge Harvey that is obsessed with Nate Ortiz and he stands somewhere in the middle between these two other characters, both in personality and alignment. The individual appearances are nice but they don’t seem to be cohesive so it’s hard to follow along with Harvey as a viewer.

Rust seems to be starting a feud with Iceman, which strikes me as odd considering Nate Mac already has two other animals to worry about. This just seems so weird to me and the only explanation I can think of is Rust(handler) trying to bide his time and do some smaller feuds before Cide after incorrectly assuming he was going to fight John at Consequence. Given La Mujera getting into a feud on this same show before her announced title match at Cide I’d like to think this was true. We also see Aisu for the first time since Lution and reflect on recent events and look forward. Is there any problem with doing smaller feuds? Absolutely not. Would I rather him do this than just sit around and wait until Cide? Absolutely.

Speaking of Ze French, Tibi Dupree, does double duty tonight. You know when Dupree is showing up, it’s not to say hi to old friends-something’s going down. And we saw him welcome back Reese AND add some stipulations to the Women’s TItle Match at Consequence in what intentionally seemed like what was going to be a random promo before he was like “You know what? Screw that Thot Terra” Which I can only commend as I too have those thoughts randomly.

Marissa’s Valk Segment was a segment that I think went far under the radar despite it being SO good. Classic heel fake out but that’s not what elevated this. This promo had so many banger lines that are so simple yet effective: “I actually fill out this attire”, “Little girl in a woman’s world”. On top of that, despite the 3:00 mark on the video this was a very concise promo. Marisa didn’t say much and she didn’t have to. The second promo raises some questions though. Marisa comes out in a different attire than earlier to fight Quan? This promo is continuing the Asher-Marisa-Mystery storyline, unfortunately due to small things like the attire change, these two seem like they’re happening in different universes or by different characters. Another problem with this storyline as a whole as it being video-oriented is that it's missing a whole lot of context/backstory. Marisa, Asher, and QC begin to seem like TV show characters where things sort of just happen to them. We rarely see them react to events or ever hear what any of them are thinking. Instead, we only get to hear the words they say which is very different. You could place all these Characters in a Soap-Opera, feed them lines, and have them perform on sets and it wouldn’t be any different. They just don’t seem like real people. For example, instead of the Marisa’s response to Valk last week, if we had Marisa do an “off-camera” reaction to Valk’s message where she’s really angry or sad and then had Quan try to comfort her only for Asher to swoop in and take Marisa away because Asher suspects Quan was the masked man that would have done wonders for connecting the two storylines and making all characters involved seem more real.

This Main Event was VERY interesting.This may be very influenced by hindsight but it looked like the writing was on the wall. The entrance really gives it all away. In their first two bouts, John came out like the cocky upstart we know him to be, but in the main event we had a John that was serious, yes, but more importantly, he looked more aware of the task in front of him. This was a RESPECTFUL John Carter. One that took Antonio Everrett seriously after learning from his first two losses. Even though I’d say he was equally confident in his abilities, this John Carter was able to recognize Everrett’s nature. Everett followed the exact opposite path. His first two appearances we saw a HUNGRY Everrett as he was at first trying to prove Dominion’s validity as they had just formed about a month prior and in their second match, Everrett was hungry to prove himself after returning from vacation. However, the Everrett we saw on Riot was anything but hungry. This Everrett was satiated with his title win and still riding the high. This Everrett took his foot off the gas(or I guess the “accelerator” for those in the UK) and paid the price. This was evident in the match. While John had shown some improvement and got more offense in, Everett still had a clear advantage all throughout. However, it is through that small window of opportunity that Everrett’s relaxed demeanor had created that John, as we had always known him to do, took full advantage of that and was able to squeak by a win by the hairs on his shitty beard.

Also I’m not sure if this was discussed in an RP or if this was randomly thrown in there, but at

(you can click that) we can see the back of John’s jacket and see an Elliot Parker decal with some sort of hidden operation that would foreshadow the match’s ending. I thought this was really cool and not sure if it was picked up by anyone else and I’m just being dumb. I would add points for this but I had to deduct points for Elliott Parker coming out in a totally different attire with no given reason. He’s been here long enough but seems to have picked up TWC’s bad habit.

I tried the 3-2-1 from Jay but as you all could tell, I had a very loose interpretation of it.

Overall the video portion of this show was WAYY better than Turmoil, however I felt like a lot of the writing was worse. Not much on the writing side stood out compared to the last show. I don’t care too much considering we had some amazing video segments coupled with a card that never missed a beat and matches that ALL delivered.

• Mark Out! 9

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

Adding a new mini game to see whats up!

http://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593872120644239387/865761039345647616/ocw-321.png

AND DISCUSS!

Don't forget to fill out the survey.

SURVEY!

I DIG IT

OCW 321

3 RPs

- Antonio Everrett's promo backstage addressing all of his shit in 1 concise promo, including some AMAZING callback/continuity stuff with Elliott. First challenger for the CCW title coming up and THE NEW STARS ARE RUNNING THE SHOW! You love to see it.

- Empress/Ashley for the same reason as Tony's. Callbacks, referencing old stuff, really allowing the reader to dive into the long-term relationship of Ashley and Empress. Character development that makes you care about both competitors more.

- I'm cheating, but I'm going with both of Archer's segments for #3. They were both short and had great lines. The MMM one popped me "...With a swimming pool". Archer has hands in many pots, as does Telos. :thinkingx3:

---

2 videos

I am very proud of the Court video. Shout out to Cort/Dane for the idea and Dane for getting me those cuts so the work was very easy to do. I am not voting for my own shit, though lol.

- H2O slapping Caine. I have no idea where this is going and they're making me watch again next week to find out. DIG IT. H2O trying to be the good guy in the face of insurmountable odds. Is this a ruse from Caine? So many questions.

- Spa day! C'mon, how can you not pick this one? Legendary stuff and I am SO GLAD that Tucker's appearance wasn't just a cameo on Maxx'd out. I'm all in on super chill Tucker getting under the B list bad boys skin. LETS G-- I mean.. It's all good, bro. Maxx is super talented and makes me want to do better each week.

---

1 match

- This wasn't the hottest week match-wise, but they were not bad by any means. The tag team match was very fun and AC/TY work super well together. I love tag team wrestling. Telos/Tre was fine, but I couldn't get past the production issues and Tre's absolute lack of giving any kind of shit about his product. Emp vs Evelyn was a fun watch with Evelyn almost coming back and THE RETURN OF TYSON WAGNER was amazano. I HAVE PTSD.

That said, the main event has to take the cake this week. Great match with a solid ending, as long as it's not overdone, these kinds of endings can have a good impact. Jon continues to need 100 different advantages to win matches and plays it up well. The end scene was fucking chaos too, I felt it could have had a few more connecting scenes, but it got the job done.

Honorable mentions being Colby's return and fitting smoothly back into the action as well as another mystery dancing woman video.

VERY Sports Entertaining show... One more until the PPV. The summer ratcheting up!

• Mark Out! 10

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

"Telos/Tre was fine, but I couldn't get past the production issues and Tre's absolute lack of giving any kind of shit about his product."

Made the Caw on Xbox, didn't realize that the int title wasn't Xbox, so that's where the belt went, I've worked close to 70 hours this week, and when I got home I played the match and had to go to bed. Mac was going to record the entrance, and send it to Telos, but Telos ripped my entrance from another match and posted it. I'd rather not have an entrance.

And I wouldn't have redone the match again, when I realized I used the wrong Caw

"Telos/Tre was fine, but I couldn't get past the production issues and Tre's absolute lack of giving any kind of shit about his product."

Made the Caw on Xbox, didn't realize that the int title wasn't Xbox, so that's where the belt went, I've worked close to 70 hours this week, and when I got home I played the match and had to go to bed. Mac was going to record the entrance, and send it to Telos, but Telos ripped my entrance from another match and posted it. I'd rather not have an entrance.

And I wouldn't have redone the match again, when I realized I used the wrong Caw

^ wolves can blend into any environment when hunting. You may think you saw black attire but it was camouflage that you have to be a wolf to understand.

• Mark Out! 1
The Iceman has spoken. Dig It!

H20’s Ted Talk is replayed ICYMI, this time, not in all bold. Not much to say but I mention it only to talk about Harvey and how he’s inconsistently displayed through text and video. To me, it seems that Harvey’s text and video appearances tell different stories. In text, we’ve seen a more relaxed comical Harvey that is trying to get back to his glory days. This seems to be in his own universe and we see some nice interactions with employees, Emp, and Blaine. Perfectly fine. On the other hand, through the video tidbits we’ve seen with Caine and his pre-match package with Garcia, we see a very serious Harvey. One that’s not as clear a character and one that seems more impulsive. At times, he’s this big babyface almost underdog-esque character and at other times, he’s this cocky powerful Heel character that doesn’t have time to face rookies and instead has to go slap the mess out of a drunken Caine. One of these Harvey’s is on top of his game(or atleast thinks he is) and the other is trying to get back to the top. Two conflicting stories. Then, there is the H2OCW Revenge Harvey that is obsessed with Nate Ortiz and he stands somewhere in the middle between these two other characters, both in personality and alignment. The individual appearances are nice but they don’t seem to be cohesive so it’s hard to follow along with Harvey as a viewer.

Rust seems to be starting a feud with Iceman, which strikes me as odd considering Nate Mac already has two other animals to worry about. This just seems so weird to me and the only explanation I can think of is Rust(handler) trying to bide his time and do some smaller feuds before Cide after incorrectly assuming he was going to fight John at Consequence. Given La Mujera getting into a feud on this same show before her announced title match at Cide I’d like to think this was true. We also see Aisu for the first time since Lution and reflect on recent events and look forward. Is there any problem with doing smaller feuds? Absolutely not. Would I rather him do this than just sit around and wait until Cide? Absolutely.

Speaking of Ze French, Tibi Dupree, does double duty tonight. You know when Dupree is showing up, it’s not to say hi to old friends-something’s going down. And we saw him welcome back Reese AND add some stipulations to the Women’s TItle Match at Consequence in what intentionally seemed like what was going to be a random promo before he was like “You know what? Screw that Thot Terra” Which I can only commend as I too have those thoughts randomly.

Marissa’s Valk Segment was a segment that I think went far under the radar despite it being SO good. Classic heel fake out but that’s not what elevated this. This promo had so many banger lines that are so simple yet effective: “I actually fill out this attire”, “Little girl in a woman’s world”. On top of that, despite the 3:00 mark on the video this was a very concise promo. Marisa didn’t say much and she didn’t have to. The second promo raises some questions though. Marisa comes out in a different attire than earlier to fight Quan? This promo is continuing the Asher-Marisa-Mystery storyline, unfortunately due to small things like the attire change, these two seem like they’re happening in different universes or by different characters. Another problem with this storyline as a whole as it being video-oriented is that it's missing a whole lot of context/backstory. Marisa, Asher, and QC begin to seem like TV show characters where things sort of just happen to them. We rarely see them react to events or ever hear what any of them are thinking. Instead, we only get to hear the words they say which is very different. You could place all these Characters in a Soap-Opera, feed them lines, and have them perform on sets and it wouldn’t be any different. They just don’t seem like real people. For example, instead of the Marisa’s response to Valk last week, if we had Marisa do an “off-camera” reaction to Valk’s message where she’s really angry or sad and then had Quan try to comfort her only for Asher to swoop in and take Marisa away because Asher suspects Quan was the masked man that would have done wonders for connecting the two storylines and making all characters involved seem more real.

This Main Event was VERY interesting.This may be very influenced by hindsight but it looked like the writing was on the wall. The entrance really gives it all away. In their first two bouts, John came out like the cocky upstart we know him to be, but in the main event we had a John that was serious, yes, but more importantly, he looked more aware of the task in front of him. This was a RESPECTFUL John Carter. One that took Antonio Everrett seriously after learning from his first two losses. Even though I’d say he was equally confident in his abilities, this John Carter was able to recognize Everrett’s nature. Everett followed the exact opposite path. His first two appearances we saw a HUNGRY Everrett as he was at first trying to prove Dominion’s validity as they had just formed about a month prior and in their second match, Everrett was hungry to prove himself after returning from vacation. However, the Everrett we saw on Riot was anything but hungry. This Everrett was satiated with his title win and still riding the high. This Everrett took his foot off the gas(or I guess the “accelerator” for those in the UK) and paid the price. This was evident in the match. While John had shown some improvement and got more offense in, Everett still had a clear advantage all throughout. However, it is through that small window of opportunity that Everrett’s relaxed demeanor had created that John, as we had always known him to do, took full advantage of that and was able to squeak by a win by the hairs on his shitty beard.

Also I’m not sure if this was discussed in an RP or if this was randomly thrown in there, but at

(you can click that) we can see the back of John’s jacket and see an Elliot Parker decal with some sort of hidden operation that would foreshadow the match’s ending. I thought this was really cool and not sure if it was picked up by anyone else and I’m just being dumb. I would add points for this but I had to deduct points for Elliott Parker coming out in a totally different attire with no given reason. He’s been here long enough but seems to have picked up TWC’s bad habit.

I tried the 3-2-1 from Jay but as you all could tell, I had a very loose interpretation of it.

Overall the video portion of this show was WAYY better than Turmoil, however I felt like a lot of the writing was worse. Not much on the writing side stood out compared to the last show. I don’t care too much considering we had some amazing video segments coupled with a card that never missed a beat and matches that ALL delivered.

Harvey lets his guard completely down when he is personal with his friends. He’s a listener, mentor, big brother, learner and even a rapper lol. But when it comes to taking care of business the tide changes with his attitude depending on who he’s dealing with. The last time Harvey kept his cool throughout a feud was H2O vs. Minio at The Clash. THAT was the last time I never dealt with foolery. It was mano y mano. That was over a year ago.

That was the last time I ever dealt with an opponent that showed mutual respect. Since then no one opposite of my corner has shown any respect and Harvey is tired of this. Solomon Caine is the latest. Harvey sees Caine going in a direction that’s very familiar (without giving spoilers). He wants Caine to stop the shenanigans. Stop attacking ppl from behind control his mind and become the lhw champ he once was.

As far as Tyson returning. I went to L.A. for a reason. It wasn’t just to check on the drought over there and the fans needing to see H2O, no. It wasn’t to just rap. It was to bring Tyson back and to have him there watching my back against all these rookies going crazy around here. Harvey doesn’t need to be distracted right now from what he wants to do and that is reclaim his position as best wrestler. Tyson showed up to put CG in his place. Harvey is putting all his time into caine rn not CG.

• Mark Out! 1

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

I feel like I've gotta cheat and talk about more videos, as here, the videos really shone.

First you had the court bit, which was just bonkers. The whole thing being resolved when The Judge revealed that he watches tv sounds like something I'd come up with, I loved it, and it says a lot about the quality of this show that a janky paper cutout animation wasn't my favourite bit to watch.

I'm getting a real soft spot for live action promos, both Quartz and Iceman brought it, and I love seeing people having the confidence to do this stuff. It's great fun to watch, Iceman's chaotic energy fills out his character, and Quartz really captured the over the top anime villain feeling I get when I read his stuff, liked it.

Of course, the best thing was the sauna promo. This just kept giving with the floating cards, the shit eating grin on the guy's face when Maxx got kicked out, the fact that there was an engaging segment that was essentially about one guy having a better spa pass than the other one. Fantastic, loved it.

In terms of matches, I've become a massive Emp fan recently with all the sweets references, the attires, the segments, and, I'm just gonna throw this out there, I think she's got the best theme music in all of OCW, I'll always have a fun time with her matches. For me, in terms of matches, Emp/Evelyn was the most fun I had watching through.

I will echo was Maxx said, though. The writing was fine across the board, there wasn't much that stood out, and as we potentially lost a day due to the site outage, I won't harp on it too much, but I just find it a bit disappointing when I say 'Oh wow, I like this, I wanna read more of this character/story/etc to see where it's going', and then I see people with either one line of dialogue, or just going missing on the writing front. It's a shame, I just wanna see a bunch of words in a row, they don't even need to be good, nothing's good every single time, I just wanna see more of the things that show promise.

To end it on a good note though, I did enjoy Emp/Ashley, Aisu, and Everett's promos, scanning through the show to make sure I didn't miss anything and that I'm happy whacking my opinions up, these are the main promos that I just had to come back to to get into them more. Strong characterisation across the board, the champions are wearing their titles well, and I really like the Aisu character in written form in general.

• Mark Out! 6

Harvey lets his guard completely down when he is personal with his friends. He’s a listener, mentor, big brother, learner and even a rapper lol. But when it comes to taking care of business the tide changes with his attitude depending on who he’s dealing with. The last time Harvey kept his cool throughout a feud was H2O vs. Minio at The Clash. THAT was the last time I never dealt with foolery. It was mano y mano. That was over a year ago.

That was the last time I ever dealt with an opponent that showed mutual respect. Since then no one opposite of my corner has shown any respect and Harvey is tired of this. Solomon Caine is the latest. Harvey sees Caine going in a direction that’s very familiar (without giving spoilers). He wants Caine to stop the shenanigans. Stop attacking ppl from behind control his mind and become the lhw champ he once was.

As far as Tyson returning. I went to L.A. for a reason. It wasn’t just to check on the drought over there and the fans needing to see H2O, no. It wasn’t to just rap. It was to bring Tyson back and to have him there watching my back against all these rookies going crazy around here. Harvey doesn’t need to be distracted right now from what he wants to do and that is reclaim his position as best wrestler. Tyson showed up to put CG in his place. Harvey is putting all his time into caine rn not CG.

Bull, I showed you respect at first and you threw it on my face