+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nitemare Member Wrestler Lotus FloJo is just really nice Lotus FloJo is just really nice Lotus FloJo is just really nice Lotus FloJo is just really nice Lotus FloJo's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 383 Times in 155 Posts
    I had a death in the family so I took off, sorry.

Cer Ti Fied Kasshole V.I.P Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,131 Times in 570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
    Waves
    waves also

3. The Following User Marked Out to Kassidy Hayes For This Amazing Post:

Hard2Obtain (09-19-2021)

Moderator Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz has much to be proud of Quartz's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,326 Times in 291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus FloJo View Post
    I had a death in the family so I took off, sorry.
    Sorry to hear that.

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

Frenzied Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice Tre Golden is just really nice
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 384 Times in 211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    Great point. La Mujera of all people not showing up even once was pretty disgusting. Capitalizing on such a moment cashing in at Summercide, essentially calling her shot and everything , then with the big match at Ladies Night. That's why I'm frustrated with not seeing FloJo or Ashley Moore as well.

I didn't mention in the "review", but I completely agree with the take on Mantis segment. Admittedly, I thought this version of Mantis was just gonna be "ooh spooky unkillable demon", but I ike the take where he still cuts promos and keeps it grounded in reality. The cadence on the promo wasn't bad either. I'm back on board.

In terms of my segment, I can confirm that VP was no more receptive than anywhere else. It kinda went right by everyone's head in there and we moved on. A bit disappointing, as a 3 year-long build up reveal didn't quite get the reaction I expected, but it is what it is.

I have faith in our roster, though. We'll do better.
    You mentioned it to me, and I didn't connect the dots until now. But I knew in the moment that you weren't talking about Rusty.

But you knew it was a possibility and the danger of subtle writing.

Unstoppable Member Wrestler B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future B-17 has a brilliant future
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,893 Times in 851 Posts
    Well, Jake.

Let me tell ya where I am.

Watching every God damn Friday The 13th movie ever made to figure out how to kill that bitch.
    Nathan Carter vs Jurassic Parker 2: The Lost Wood- Nathan Carter.
    *playing Gta with Sophia,Dennis, and Jack*
    Jack to Dennis and I: Jesus you won't even put each over on GTA.

7. The Following User Marked Out to B-17 For This Amazing Post:

Maxx Edwards (4 Weeks Ago)

Nitemare Member Wrestler RustCohle is just really nice RustCohle is just really nice RustCohle is just really nice RustCohle is just really nice RustCohle's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 354 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago Cesar View Post
    This was the biggest bummer for me reading through the show. Most disappointing was not seeing La Mujera do anything at all character/video/RP-wise since Summercide. I understand vets not wanting to be champ, but being a champ also comes with responsibility; doesn't matter if you got 1 or 10 titles, doesn't matter if you're an "alt" (ugh) or not. If you're champ, you show up and put in the work on the shows. You do not fucking coast. Especially in the case of the women's division.

My head will explode if I keep talking about it, so moving on....

- I gotta admit, the HMR monologue was actually....good. Quite enjoyed it. Not really anything to complain about here, I just hope he keeps the momentum going.

- Baker's champ celebration was the segment of the night. That stinger at the end, with the pause, and how that was edited, that was such good shit. Surprised a lot of people didn't really seem to notice that, maybe it was more apparent in the VP. I want to see more of this, that's how you get me hooked on a story.

- Cort vs. H2O wasn't the best match but it's a case of never truly knowing which Harvey you're gonna get; and in this instance we got him at his best. Hope he shows up as well as he did here at End Games.
    Biggest bummer for me too but the explanation is easy. Time restriction and last second audibles made it impossible to work my angle.

See you next week.
    The FrenchBlade

Fat & Dead V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance has a brilliant future Jacob Trance's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 2,095 Times in 1,167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    A lot of really good matches. I really enjoyed the tag team match, probably my favorite of the night.

Dominant debut for Harri Etiquette, instant impact with the entrance and everything.

I absolutely love Marisa joining the WoV.

Interesting decision for John to step back and allow Dylan to be the head of TWC. We'll see where that goes, as Dylan is gonna need to improve a lot to hold his own in and out of the ring.

Lots of mystery attackers, namely the one on Nate Mac, who retreated. More than likely Asher, but I don't really feel that makes sense if that is the case. I feel Asher has been really screwed over here and should be playing more of a sympathetic baby. Perfect opportunity for that turn now.

Loved Harri and Joe promos as rookie debuts. Putting exclamation points on their win. Joe, get your FPR right. Get through those rookie hiccups that everyone has and keep going.

I am so fucking hyped to see Harris Turner. That video work was simple yet amazing.

So much DDE/WOV on this show. In fact, just an absolute ton of work from the same few people. Wish we could have seen more from the less active folks like Gabriel, Shawn X, Nathaniel Anderson, Nathan Carter. Feel like this show was good, but light in terms of roster presence.

Where is Danny Watts? Where is Thomas Archer? Telos? Hunter McIntyre? (Called that shit, btw) FloJo??? Blaine???

These are people coming off big segments/moments over the last few weeks and get just get nothing from them. From an activity standpoint, very disappointing. Likely people finally winding down after 3 full years, but still.

The video stuff was awesome and continued ambition from my favorites like Marisa, Tony, Jehst, Nick, Maxx, Colin etc... But reading this webshow afterwards left a LOT to be desired. Shout out to the RPs we did get, but I'd like to see more activity from others if they're actually still interested.

Hope we do better for RIOT.
    He's in a coke-body cast and using other people to do his bidding right now.

PLent of bodies around without me flopping about.

Dedicated! Wrestler Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 725 Times in 355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
    Well, Jake.

Let me tell ya where I am.

Watching every God damn Friday The 13th movie ever made to figure out how to kill that bitch.
    I know someone that’ll make the Friday The 13th movie look like a quienceanera.
    I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler Nate Mac will become famous soon enough Nate Mac will become famous soon enough
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 113 Times in 53 Posts
    Really Proud of Mantis. Great promo dude. Keep this momentum going you got some buzz….now do work son!!
    The Iceman has spoken. Dig It!

Newb Wrestler Maxx Edwards has a spectacular aura about Maxx Edwards has a spectacular aura about
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 172 Times in 27 Posts
    Really exciting show after being on break for so long so the 3-2-1 is out the window.

Before I start, take what I say as more important than the title of the section, alliteration is hard.

Matches, Videos, Roleplays, Go.

Deaver Debut Demolition

Came off too strong. From the entrance, to the in-ring, everything was very intense from Deaver. There were hints here and there to an overarching character but overall just needed some cohesion. When in doubt, keep it simple. I assume the FPR will be cleaned up by the next match at least a little so I am not too worried about that.

Faction Fallout

I’ll likely group all of the DDE promos into this one section as they were very much sequential and cohesive. Now obviously, DDE swung for the fences and struck out at Cide. Parca is emotionally in pieces as he looks back and tries to study the greatness that seems out of reach for the masked man.

Ross telling Parca to stop being sad after losing is ironic to say the least.

“Diamond Hand” Dillinger is trying to salvage and rebuild his team for another successful run.

The most interesting thing about these promos is how Garcia is so seemingly unaffected by what happened. One would think he would lose trust or perhaps show some different reaction but much of what we got was I feel like the same old Garcia in the extended Parca-Garcia promos. Obviously, I don’t expect a complete 180 in terms of character but it feels like he didn’t really respond to what happened at least to the level of everyone else around him. We sorta got that in the Derek beatdown promo, but I feel like that was more elicited by Parca’s potential mistrust rather than Garcia’s own doubts. On that promo, I do like the way the action was written as it was kept short and blunt, like jumping someone would be.

Vanguard’s Vain Vixen

“Are you here to perform?” Popped me.

Marisa joining the wolves is great. Makes sense, adds something different to the wolves but still fits the theme. I feel like her addition was very sudden, Tre was just like “we should add her”, with seemingly no conversation with her prior. However, that seemed to be the point and added a lot of comedic effect.

The video I’m going to guess was made by Nate. Crude style but didn’t hate it. Only thing is just to add a background. It is more of a process, but finding a random bunker-hideout-clubhouse type stock image shouldn’t be too hard. The phone text message was simple and a nice touch.

Harvey Hiccup?

This promo was really hard to read for me. I think it was the use of bold to signify thoughts just did not click for me and I had to reread it.

I think this might be alluding to a Quartz-H20 storyline but it’s hard to gather much.

Tremblay’s Tirade

Outside of the awkward start, I really liked this promo. The middle was strongly face but the beginning and end were slightly heelish but more so cocky. I’m okay with this only because it’s a really nice way to differentiate yourself from other foreign rookie “Wrestling Purest” characters we have, namely OWEN.

The video was simple and got the job done. Text was readable, the timing was good for most of it. I liked the pause in the middle for crowd reaction. The only thing I would’ve done differently, is just have your own theme music play you in and out of the ring, but other than that solid work.

Etiquette’s Elegant Entrance

Not much to say on this debut that hasn’t already been said. I will say that the video was 7 minutes but it felt like a very FULL 7 minutes which was nice.

From an OOC perspective, it will be interesting to see Colin write heel. I do hope that Etiquette stays heel and doesn’t stray to cocky face realm due to positive fan reception, at least not for a while.

Mantis’ Monologue (That one was easy)

Overall, I do like this.

Hyper Mantis Red, especially due to the recent beadowns of Mantis, could never really pull off SCARY as well as he could pull off CREEPY, and I’m glad he went with the latter.

I like the voice inflection, kinda matches how I would assume Green Mantis would talk with vernacular and tone but has a slightly darker twist to it. The flashback was also simple and well done.

The main downside of the video was length, but that is definitely to be expected when trying out a new format, and I do expect it to get better if Mantis continues with this. It seemed he hit his points, and then did it again, and then did a summary. Again, this isn’t something I expect to be a recurring problem

Also feel like the theme is pretty generic villain theme. Could be more different.

Mac’s Masked Mauling

While I do agree that Asher could have played the sympathetic baby face card and this sort of takes it away from him, I ain’t mad at him for standing up to having his girl robbed. I don’t think this automatically makes him an all out heel. At the same time, fighting over a girl is quite quintessential middle school beef. Perfect for the “Loverboy” Asher and the deranged and immature Nate Mac so I ain’t mad at it.

What is interesting is how they revealed to us, the audience, that Asher is the attacker but the character’s are still unaware. DRAMATIC IRONY. Let’s see how it pans out and how they use it to their advantage.

Friends Face Family

Colby and Judge get into a little disagreement over who’s the better big brother to Jordan Trance. Perfect feud for both characters and it can only be settled on one show...Maury.

Cort’s Courageous Confrontation

I just really loved this promo. Probably my promo of the night. Gets me amped for the main event.

Trance’s Tragic Trust Test

Another well written installment in the Colby-Jordan storyline. This kinda reminds me of an old Rey Mysterio RTWM storyline from an SVR game(I think 11) which was my favorite story of that game. Jamie consistently selling getting the mess beaten out of him, things you love to see.

Conclusion

I guess I’ll start on the Main Event which was good, much like the other matches, but very predictable. This is not an attack on Cort but more on a lot of the segments on the rest of the show. From the video, to a lot of the rps, it seemed like Quartz-H20 started their feud before the match happened. Quartz quite literally said he doesn’t care about H20 and he just wants Cort Marshall. It’s possible that Quartz was gonna try to work a feud with H20 regardless and H20 winning just proved himself as a worthy challenger after technically coming off of a loss but with the help of hindsight, it just doesn’t seem that way.

In terms of roster presence, I agree it was lacking. Most of the action was from a web of Marisa-WOV-Puro Country-DDE that Jae must have had a field day trying to organize.

I also don’t think that I would’ve noticed the “missing” people that didn’t submit for the show if we didn’t see many of the same characters appear multiple times throughout the show. That previously mentioned web dominated the show, and I think made certain people not being on the show more apparent.

I’d also like to mention that I think Jake is getting closer to perfecting the multiman talking segment that he’s done across many characters. I think the Baker promo was the best integration of it and it seemed the most seamless with all characters only briefly being seen and the camera solely focusing on Quartz when he’s in the ring.

One bad thing I noticed with a lot of the video work being done throughout the show, matches and rp included, is a lack of clear beginning, middle and end with a lot of the video. Every segment, video or text, for the most part should have a clear beginning, middle, and end. A lot of videos feel like they ended abruptly or just jumped into it too quickly. If you have a match it should end with some sort of victory scene. Celebrate your win, blast your music and take in your moment before fading out to a nice OCW screen.

I’ll also comment on the Twitch side of things since that is also a major change and relates to the last comment as I don’t think it helped as the videos were quite literally going one into another. From a user, the hands-off experience was a nice benefit as I could’ve watched the show in my living room if I really wanted to by just loading up the stream. However, I think the live chat was the best part, aside from Jay commentary. It was a nice part where those watching but not talking could interact which was better than the discord chat we had previously. Also, new viewers are able to pop in and talk, watch a bit and leave which I would assume would be a better experience.

The only thing that was off was how fast certain videos went into each other that could have used an ad but realistically that was more on the fault of the creators for not giving it a proper ending.

All in all, I really did enjoy the show. I am not sure how much of it was it being a good show and how much of it was us not getting a full canonical show in so long that featured all of that sweet sweet SummerCide fallout but also made it all the more disappointing when certain stories left uncontinued.
    "The Superstar" Maxx Edwards

13. The Following 9 Users Marked the hell out to Maxx Edwards For This Awesome Post:

Christian Garcia (4 Weeks Ago), Colin Locke (4 Weeks Ago), El Parca (4 Weeks Ago), Hard2Obtain (4 Weeks Ago), Lotus FloJo (4 Weeks Ago), Quartz (4 Weeks Ago), RustCohle (4 Weeks Ago), TheAndrews (4 Weeks Ago), theSolomonCaine (4 Weeks Ago)

Thread Information