TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 8
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

It's not a ton of werds but imma put in some werds, brah.

Ashley Moore returning as a heel didn't surprise me that much, if I'm being honest, as I'm a noob and am not super-familiar with the character, but teaming up with Harri? That surprised me. Seems like between Alexa/Furiosa, Marisa/Sarah Moore, Terra/Sue, and now Ashley/Harri, we're getting some women's units running around. Maybe, once a few more women hop on the boat, we could have a solid tag team scene on our hands. Heck, we could probably do it right now, but i have a weird thing about the singles titles and tag titles being too knit together in the division. Again, I'm a dumb noob, so if it works, it works!

Also Harri if you don't name your second finisher something related to Despair when you get promoted, I'll cry a little inside.

Holy shit, who pissed in Harris Turner's wheaties? I will not hear any bit of him just being a white meat, friendly neighborhood babyface, that man just flatlined John Carter with EASE. Are we sure he's not from Cleveland, because that man came within inches of catching a body.

I love Ry, Aries, and Hayden and I could not have asked for better dance partners. Tag team matches are one of my favorite things in wrestling, and every bit of what I had for this match, from the attires to the tag moves, Hayden helped me plan out. I'd like to think we did a good job of entertaining you guys. As for the weird bit with the game messing with Ry, sorry about that. Now I know to get after it.

Now, if people could stop leaving me to get beat up by the champions, I'd really appreciate it. I'm starting to get really nervous every time I walk past Tony Touch.

Another surprise heel team-up, AC Cobra and Telos. Red Zone, apparently. I like Cobra and I like Telos. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Does anyone disagree with me that Maxx Edwards makes the best video promos in OCW? If you do, you're either a contrarian, wrong, or both. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.

Didn't really like the finish of the main event, but I like the result. I think Mark Reese needs a fresh start away from the tag titles for a minute, as he's definitely carried the belts to a point where the tag team division has been built up a LOT. Jamie's done so much for that strap, as have Pierre and Brian, and I think they all deserve a lil break.

Flojo. Baby. My darling. I really want you to win the belt. Not because I like you, which I do, kinda, but because I'm so sick of La Mujera. God in heaven, please earn that title shot and get the french tart off my screen!

Alyssa's moveset is much more focused than the usual fare from the handler, and I love that for her. She feels like an indyriffic lucha libre cajun lady, her moveset makes sense with that, and if there's a better rocket kick animation next game, I think I'd like the finisher a lot too. Sarah Moore's fun too, but I think I need to see a bit more of her before I make a final judgement.

Mason and Siddhant both had banger theme songs and a solid enough match considering the couple of rookie mistakes from Mason and weight detection fucking him over. I feel like Mason's on the right track, and Bingo made him look pretty good, all things considered. A little more time in the oven, and Mason will be on the right track.

PROMO WISE:

Terra and Sue. The gays. I love them so much. Please, Jake and Jamie, indulge me, feed me more wholesome gay content, let me print it out and grind it into a fine powder so I can line it with crack and snort it, holy SHIT. Y'all are great.

BECAUSE FUCK YOU. Chris, I'm making that t-shirt for you, and you can't stop me. IDK about anyone else, but the little stutters and pauses in Chris' delivery enhanced it for me. You get the feeling that Chris Greene's finally standing up for himself, and of course he's nervous about it, but he's gonna stand his ground because that's what the babyface does.

Good to see the whole Sanctum/Wolves/TWC thing is going on. Parker having a bit of personality is nice, it's something the character DESPARATELY needs in my opinion.

The KANG in Dominion. God damn, I have no idea how to feel about that. It'll be interesting, for sure, but I'll be honest- Dominion has felt a little odd to me since Nate and Rust settled their shit in the ring, but I don't hate it! I look forward to seeing how Doc's involvement in things shakes up the dynamic. Adam and Calum are great talents and awesome writers, and I'm looking forward to seeing them get at it some more.

Finally, Quartz and Harvey. I'll be honest, not a fan of the whole 'secretly brothers' trope in wrestling, but come on, it's Jake and H2O. Of course they're gonna do it justice. Having Spider back around full time is def good for Quartz, and I think their next match is gonna be even better now. Looking forward to seeing how they conclude this.

• Mark Out! 16

Christian Garcia:

1x North American Champion

Jasmin Kaffee:

1x World Women's Champion

So, I'll probably have to do segments; because, as usual, I ended up typing way too much. An hour or two later, I'm still on Page 1 of the show. I ended up getting stuck on the CAW stuff for Mason and Siddhant --which is the short version of what I originally had. Anyways... here's part 1 of... 20.

Right off the bat, we have a promo vid from Quartz that starts right where the S17 Intro Video left off, which is a nice touch. I asked myself: self... why didn’t Yake just attach his promo right to the end of the intro video so it would be even more seamless... then I realized that most people probably skip the intro video and would never have seen the promo at the end.

The close-up shot of the belt should be enough to let you know who is running their mouth again, but just in case you’re RD Money, and you have no idea WHO holds WHAT title, you eventually get a glimpse of The New Storm t-shirt (available at OCWSHOP.com) to drive it home.

But why is the OCW Champion being so coy with his camera angles? What new horror could he possibly be waiting to reveal? A new manssiere design? Even worse: a man-sized spider who, coincidentally, is named after his personality traits. Much like Arkham Asylum, the CUBE seems to be a revolving door for all-things-unwanted by decent human beings... especially 8-legged creepy crawlies.

Side note: I appreciate how the fonts match the person speaking.

Parca shows faith in his DDE boys, concerning their match against Q.C. Connect (Quan Jay / Claudio Stardom) as Christian Garcia and Alastair Ross have been on a hot streak as of late. Garcia shows some concern over the role of Gonzalo Munoz when it comes to DDE, but Parca reassures Garcia that he will always be the invested right hand of DDE.

As we all know, these are often the famous last words before a fallout, and Parca already has his hands full with a barrage of locker-room heat, backstage business dealings, and multiple acronyms to remember. The most important acronym being CG: while one represents his right-hand (Christian Garcia) the other one is equivalent to an itchy-butthole (Chris Greene).

Now, Mr. Greene did secure a win (via DQ) during an impromptu match with Parca on RIOT last week, but he also got his Greene eggs scrambled... so who’s to say who really won that exchange. None the less, Parca has many platos spinning while trying to feed himself and “el familia”. One wrong move and he could lose it all... or end up with his own head on a platter. Excellent.

I don’t usually go over matches, but there is a promo after the Siddhant / Mason Hunter match, and there was much discussion over the attires as well, so I’ll drop my 2 cents.

Mason Hunter

CAW/ATTIRE - Well made, obviously. Everyone gave high praise during Live Stream, with the only real issue being the color scheme as the Red/Black combo has become such a go-to for rookies and the general community when it comes to attires.

Others mentioned that it reminded them of the Dudleyz, due to the camo, which is not a bad thing at all, especially if it fits the character. Mason does pop a salute when entering the ring, further pushing the connection to the military.

The face is very handsome as well. My only advice to creators is to be careful not to just find a handsome face – the world is full of handsome people, but if you want them to stick out, it helps to have some kind of distinguishing feature or overall unique quality: sad eyes, slightly large mouth, or oddly shaped nose.

Even though Mason fits the current trend of faintly bearded, light-eyed men with sculpted hair, his attire is also fairly unique, so that helps... and really, when it comes down to it, it’s more about what you do, than how you look. Appearances can always be updated or altered as you go.

Now, if Mason says that he used his own face for the CAW, I will respectfully ask him to stay clear of my wife and to wear a bag over his head if we ever meet in person.

ENTRANCE THEME - I dig the theme. Nice hook of an intro that could easily become associated with the character. The lyrics are clear and fit the CAW: “Face to face with the devil” makes sense with the angel wings on his knee pads; the military camo, and the “Danger Zone” logo on his back. It tells a story.

Siddhant

CAW/ATTIRE - I like the general concept. It gives me vibes of

with JCVD. I do agree with some of the comments concerning how it looked a bit unfinished or unrefined. The front view looks great but when you turn him around, you get the feeling like you’re seeing someone underwear sticking out. The frills on the belt are not symmetrical so they reveal this odd, brown, spanx-like segment and then the remaining yellow tights.

I’m OCD, so I can’t stop looking at it. I wish the yellow portion was colored brown as well to blend in... or add another skirt or tights (may not be possible due to CAW restrictions) underneath to cover it up. Not sure.

The other thing would be the boots. I like the style of boot... I just wish there were one or two things to make them unique. Perhaps adding the belt’s flower logo on the sides, or some kind of pattern design. Even something as simple as the wrestler’s name. If I saw the boots in the locker room, I should be able to say: Oh man, those belong to Siddhant... I wonder how much I could get for them on eBay.

A lot of people put hours in the tights and face, but neglect the boots. I’m almost 40 though, so it’s probably just an old-school thing at this point.

ENTRANCE THEME – It's fine. Reminds me of DMX. It’s got a good beat and fits the character... but for me, it just doesn’t have that 1-2-3-BOOM effect. I wanted it to be more ominous or slower for some reason... dunno. Once again, I could just be a slave to clichés. I want to have a feeling of dread when I hear it, to match the size and power of the man.

MOVE SET – I didn’t go over Mason’s move-set because he’s that size that can practically get away with most moves. Siddhant, on the other hand, has a move-set that really fits his CAW. I’m a fan. The big chops, the drops, the clubbing blows. The finisher is great as well.

• Mark Out! 7

Ooh boy. Haven’t done this in a long time. Just going to be talking about little bits and bobs I liked and took a lot from throughout the show. Some Roleplays, A video, and a Match.

Everett Eagerly Treads Towards Trance

The Jordan Trance and Antonio Everrett promo was golden. The dynamics were wonky and uncommon but they pulled it off great.

Everrett played a feisty champ that was chomping at the bit to find Big Trance. He was angry and pushy but I never saw him as a heel. On the other hand, we had Jordan Trance. Trance was being his usual wide-eyed and naive self but at the same time he was also very clearly biased towards his father and protected him in a way without being a heel.

Alternatively, they could have tried switching the roles here and I just got the wrong read but I just think they teetered on the lines perfectly to create an engaging promo that remained true to both characters. It developed the story while also keeping Jacob’s mystique and as such it’s probably my Promo of The Night.

Sidenote: Connor Harnage’s promo being in 4k is amazing and with Jay titling it as a 4k promo is hilarious.

Sue’s Superhero Themed Time w/ Terra

The Sue-Terra promo was just some W H O L E S O M E activity. That Terra moment, I don’t even have to elaborate if you read the promo you know which one, makes my heart warm. Even with the creepy neckbeard, truly nice and sweet promo.

This also brings me to a realization I came too recently before this Turmoil. When it comes to eliciting a variety of emotions from the viewer, I wholeheartedly believe that Jake is the best at it. From his video hype packages and promo they always convey something deeper than “Boo The Heel and Cheer the Face”. It’s clear, especially teaming up with Jamie, that he can draw out emotion just as easily in writing.

Tense Wins & Tension ft. DDE

The DDE stuff throughout the show was actually nicely spread out and didn’t feel too overwhelming or stagnant. Normally, their stuff always feels like it takes over the show but I don’t think it was too bad here.

I think Parca is actually doing a great job taking place in multiple stories which is something that is definitely not easy. Working a storyline with Colin Locke, Chris Greene, and DDE and now Gonzalo Munoz and it doesn’t feel like anything is “extra” or added on. Just a busy popular man being busy and popular and possibly having his dickish ways come back to bite him.

Alyssa Marceaux

A weird DDE-related thing I did notice was on their first page RP. Garcia has a line “we need to communicate if we’re gonna coexist.” Call it being conditioned by WWE but that last word, “coexist” seems very unnatural to me given the Garcia-Parca relationship and seems to hint towards a turn or split of some sorts, just not something anybody actually says in conversation.

The Ross-Garcia pre-match promo was definitely the most focused and concise promo of the bunch making it my overall favorite of the bunch.

Moore Watches, More Meanings

Rewatching that Harri Etiquette promo afterwards knowing what I know made it an entirely different experience. I’m not sure if it was just the VP that made things move a little to quickly and for all the details to be lost or if Harri and Ashley were really that good and I was really that dumb.

Harri pretty much says “I’m gonna prove how easy this O C Dub stuff is,” before being “interrupted” by Ashley Moore that directly hints towards the twist. When Moore picks up the mic at the top of the ramp everything she says has two meanings and while we think she’s talking about wanting to beat up Harri for being stuck up, she really means she loves how stuck up she is and wants to coach her.

It does double the damage because Moore said she was gonna return to the ring before immediately assuming sort of a mentor-manager role that works so well with her character. Heel Moore is the BEST Moore.

This group makes too much sense from the personalities to the name and I can’t wait to see what’s next.

Also, I can imagine down the line they have two amazing options if they wanted to split up. Either Moore gets too controlling and Etiquette breaks free and launches Etiquette into a confident face run and a match with Moore. OR, Etiquette gets too big for her Lara Croft Boots and turns on Moore that leads into a great match between the two. It’s a win-win situation they’ve created and hopefully the start of something great.

Sanctum Safely Secures Tag Team Titles

We’re both here to talk about that finish, but I’mma talk about Puro Country’s attire first. I think the washed out and very neutral colors along with the simple designs were pleasing and helped create a sort of “vintage” effect, almost like looking at old footage. I think Alyssa Marceaux’s attire from earlier in the night also was sort of similar and is why I said she looks like an old style anime character.

A weird thing I noticed was a weird lack of trust in the match. Fraser and Reese both seemed to refuse to tag out to their partner in situations they could have and it just struck me as so off. Fraser didn't seem to trust Rookie Handler Sheldon to not blow the lead they got and Reese didn't trust Ice-who to not get hit with a finisher when he had 4 reversals and Reese had 0. That part I didn't like especially since I'm also sure that the two being heavyweights with their partners not being heavyweights had at least a small part to do with it.

On the finish, it’s really just disappointing. On one hand, it’s literally not the end of the world because the match was effectively lost before then. The outcome was likely not impacted by it and Jamie could have very easily avoided it by tagging out. If he didn’t want to tag out, he could have also saved his plus rev.

On the other hand, Sanctum being so far ahead means there was absolutely no reason for it. Especially, when you know it very well could be the finish. I could actually see more of an argument if you combo’d only in order to get the other team to waste their break but to end the match that way and it being the same way you did last week is just mad unnecessary.

I would also agree with Jake in saying that the situation has been magnified primarily due to the two people involved.

Regardless, we got fresh faces in a brand new tag division that has so many teams waiting to be the team that is “next up” and make a name for themselves. Good Luck to Sanctum on their reign as I’m sure they’ll have at least a good set of contenders under them for the foreseeable future.

Closing Thoughts

Overall, it was a pretty good show. While it didn’t have that “first show of S17” excitement that Riot had, it very well could have been better.

I think we saw a lot of characters establish themselves like Mason and all the other debutants that we saw. We also saw characters take a good firm step in a new direction like Heel Cobra and Telos.

Can’t wait for the next Riot and really the Anniversary/Award show by extension.

• Mark Out! 7

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

It does double the damage because Moore said she was gonna return to the ring before immediately assuming sort of a mentor-manager role that works so well with her character. Heel Moore is the BEST Moore.

Is it a Mentor-Manager role, though? :thinkingx3:

Edited by Quartz

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

While Moore may very well team with Harri, I could definitely see her more as a mentor than as two equals tagging. Kinda like Darby/Sting who obviously just perfectly match the personalities of Harri and Ashley.

If Ashley can't make Harri work, then idk who can. Ashley's track record with talent:

Terra: DDT'd her on the steel at Lution

Empress: Retired

ValCano: Retired

Harri Etiquette: ???

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Mason Hunter vs. SIDDHANT

ALYSSA MARCEAUX vs."GLORIOUS" SARAH MOORE

Q.C. CONNECT vs. D.D.E

A.C. COBRA vs. TELOS

HARRIS TURNER vs. JOHN CARTER

SANCTUM vs. PURO COUNTRY

Segment of the night: Maxx's breakdown.

• Mark Out! 7

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

So, back to Review. I was about to start on RIOT, when I realized I never finished this Turmoil. So much to discuss. I’m sorry if there are typos or grammar issues, but I really wanted to bulldoze through these pages.

After the match with Mason Hunter, Siddhant delivers a brief, but powerful message to Mr. Bookman... and to the rest of the locker room. Who will be Victim 2?

Tony Ev gets a little tense with Trance; unfortunately, it’s the baby bear, not the pappa bear. Jordan Trance is not his father’s keeper, so he was of no help when it came to tracking his senior. Apparently, they don’t really speak to one another for various reasons [emotional damage gif] but he had no trouble communicating how rattled The Tarantula looked as of late.

Is the long-limbed CCW Champ losing his usually, level-headed faculties? Will Jordan ever talk to his fawja again? If Colby comes in from a side door, does that make him a sidekick... or side piece? Only time and Trance can tell.

The Season Premier Preview vids are next level. Very nice.

The Furiosa promo was a little confusing – read it twice just to be sure – but in my creeper head, I read: “La Mujera Oscura sneaks up behind Furiosa, who happens to be watching quite-a-show. They both watch... they like to watch. La Mujera whispers in Furiosa’s ear; something seductive... something dangerous. Before Furiosa can give in to her urges; however, La Mujera walks away. Obviously, Furiosa hates to see her go, but loves to watch her leave. She keeps watching La Mujera (they like to watch, remember) never letting go of the hope that she would turn back around. Instead, Furiosa bears witness as La Mujera collides with Alexa Hayes. They become one for a split second and stare, deeply, into one another’s eyes. They eventually go their separate ways, but the intensity is thick with... thiccness. “

Not sure if that’s how it went down, exactly, but that’s how it went down in my mind. Good stuff.

Connor Harnage drops a 4K promo (that’s just fun to say for some reason) and it’s a fine promo, no doubt. Pushing the Norse/Viking angle with his pretty words and tattoos. He’s serving me ‘Vikings’ with a smidge of ‘Sons of Anarchy’.

I do enjoy accents and various forms of the English language but sometimes it can back you into a corner. Just look at Kofi Kingston, HHH, and Carmella; who all dropped their accents in order to grow and develop.

Now, to also add the pressure of being a badass mofo? It’s a lot to pull off (giggidy) for any new talent. If you can’t back up the threats with victories or displays of dominance, then you may be forced to change directions as Marvel did with THOR – switching to a more comedic portrayal of the character and lore; often poking fun at itself.

Jim Black gets popped with some finger guns in another short, but sweet, promo. I’m intrigued and confused but in a good way. Who is this fedora-wearin', finger packin’, tooth pickin’ pimp? Maybe we’ll find out later, but I hope we get more finger-bangs for our buck.

I enjoy the Comic-Con location and the nods to Valk & Emp. Having Terra Daturas dressed as Poison Ivy is obvious, but also appreciated. Another well-written RP with Terra and Sue and I look forward to more. The RPs remind me of comic book scripts, as I can see each panel as each situation presents itself. If I had time, I would probably use them for practice, when it comes to drawing.

The DDE Board Meeting video RP was great. I feel that Dennis had the best lines, but clever writing all around. Not sure if the sloppy cut-outs were intentional, but it didn’t really distract from the story in either case.

The sound effects were a nice touch... just wish there was some background music or something. Because there is no voice-over (not saying every RP has to have voice-over at all) the gaps of silence while reading are just more noticeable to me, so my brain wants something to fill it... others may not even notice.

AC Cobra explains to Jim Black, why the sudden display of outrage towards his former game-chair buddy, Kassidy Hayes. Unfortunately, another former ally couldn’t help but overhear and express his own disapproval towards Cobra’s lack of a game-code. Now I can’t wait for Telos v. Meta Cobra.

The only thing that I would change the next time around, is utilizing the colon ( : ) instead of the dash ( - ) after the speaker’s name. If I saw “CB - Cobra” or “Cobra - Kass”, I would read it as one name.

Mari$a continues to be the athletic supporter of the “Ice Man” Nate Mac. She may have him every night in the bedroom, but who will have him next in the ring?

Even if the idea of Mari$a... or Nate Mac... or Mari$a with Nate Mac, makes you sick to your stomach, you can’t help but admire the devotion. Perhaps Mari$a is right, and some people are just jealous haters. Who wouldn’t want a thicc Ride-Or-Die thot in their corner?

The Elliot Parker/JD RP was a little tough for me to follow. I’m introduced to a character named “Derek” and then someone named “JD” starts speaking. Now, I assumed JD was Derek, but the reader shouldn’t have to assume who is speaking.

There were also sentences that were a little difficult to follow – like when Jay has been drinking and tries to give a quick, anger-fueled response on DISCORD, of which, only a few can understand.

I also feel that certain points were hammered home; thus, suffering from redundancy. For example, the word “opportunity” was used 7 times lol.

I, myself, suffer from redundancy because in my line of work, I often have to repeat myself (or the point) multiple times, and in various ways, to ensure someone understands the training. Unfortunately, this bleeds into my writing. Sometimes I can catch it when proofreading my own work, but it definitely helps to have someone take a lookie-loo before submitting -- someone you trust to give an honest opinion, that is.

Everywhere Maxx Edwards goes, he is haunted by the image of one Harris Turner. To be honest, he’s probably not the only one. Harris Turner shook the OCW world when he pushed through the roster like a snowplow in fresh powder during the Super S Cup. Unfortunately for Maxx Edwards, not everyone in OCW is holding a title... or a title that Harris Turner wants to make his own, so I feel for the new Hollywood Star of OCW.

The video RP was full of fun, memorable moments – typical of a Maxx Edwards RP. Part of the magic is that fellow creators can appreciate the effort and time put into telling the story. Once again, you don’t have to have Hollywood production value to entertain and delight.

Stacy Clark has the misfortune of meeting two representatives of DDE in the forms of Christain “Don’t Call Me Greene” Garcia and Alastair “Don’t Call Me Wrex” Ross. They do what they do best: being bullies with potty-mouths, and making a mess of things... but they also make some solid points before heading into their match with QC Connect.

After the match, Rust Cohle proves that despite their victory, DDE may not be as cohesive as they boast to be -- Big Boss Ross abandons Big Daddy Garcia when the French Blade invades the ring and manages to give Garcia a taste of French steel.

Another solid, unified front of an RP for Sanctum. Like the Wu-Tang Clan of OCW, every member gets time on the mic to share their thoughts. Individuals, with a common goal and the skill to back it up. Sanctum likes to tell it like it is and always leaves the sugar at home.

Who keeps handing this man a mic? Chris “Don’t Call Me Garcia” Greene manages to get ahold of another mic and calls out that pretentious piece of puppy poop, Parca. Chris points out that no one likes vegetables, but sometimes it takes two to do the Mashed Potato (ask your parents).

The video was good. The only advice I would give is to fade out the end and beginning of the crowd audio and lay them over one another a bit – so as one ends, the other starts, but it’s not a sudden halt.

The other suggestion would be to have a noticeable crowd reaction when your CAW does a dramatic pause after making a statement. If the pause is too long, it just looks like you forgot what you were gonna say lol.

Parca does an RP... if you can call it that. I'm not even sure why I’m mentioning it. Booooo this little man.

Sarah Moore runs into Mina (tee hee) backstage and doesn’t appreciate her backhanded -- or should I say: back-sided -- compliments. In the end, Sarah leaves Mina in her rearview. Mina takes the bump like a pro... a program, that is.

The Lotus Flojo/Ashley Moore/Harri Etiquette RP seemed a little out of place for me. Nothing egregiously wrong with the RP itself, I just feel like I didn’t learn anything new from it. Ashley and Harri kinda poke fun at Flojo – predicting that Flojo’s efforts will end with the same, fruitless results. Flojo does some trash talking of her own, but nothing really comes from it all.

Then again, this could be planting the seed for future rivalries or story arcs... or establishing a relationship between Ashley and Harri... or all three characters I suppose.

After the match between Telos and Meta Cobra, there appears to be a legit handshake of respect... so either, Cobra has already given up on being the AAA-pex predator, or Telos now respects Cobra’s decision to betray Kass and go heel? I mean, who doesn’t want to stab Kass in the back, so I would probably forgive it as well lol.

Anthony Baker is still a little salty, concerning his Title Unification match he had with Rust Cohle back in October of last year during the End Game PPV. I’m pretty sure too much sodium isn’t good for the heart, but perhaps the “Heart Baker” can whip up some sweet redemption sometime soon.

Looking forward to this one, so I’m setting that baking timer.

Colin Locke and El Parca remind us that perspective is all about looking at things from the right angle... no matter how ridiculous it may seem.

I always enjoy the odd, but humorous ways that Colin finds to break the 4th wall or simply point out the craziness of OCW reality. It’s like a satire of a satire and I’m all for it... especially at the expense of Parca.

Lotus manages to do the one thing many will never do, and that’s to catch the Turmoil GM, Tiberius Dupree, off guard by busting into his office and demanding a title match against the current Women’s Champion: La Mujera Oscura. A bold move, nonetheless; however, Tibby shares the same apprehension shown by Ashley and Harri in a previous segment.

Lotus will have to earn that shot. No free mojo for the Flojo.

Speaking of that earlier segment, Ashely Moore interrupts Harri Etiquette, only to reveal that they are newfound BFFs. I’m not sure if anyone bought the goodie-two-shoes from the Heel of Heels, but it doesn’t make it less annoying when she rubs it in our faces. Then again, I wouldn’t mind if she rubbed anything in my face.

The DOMINION RP has such a lovely setup, which leads to an open-ended conclusion. Will DOC join his brother, Tony Everrett – essentially combining the power of two families? With the absence of Danny Watts, it would make sense to fill that gap with a returning Kang.

Obviously, it makes sense, but in my heart, I feel it temporarily robs us of some good matches, due to all the talent in one faction. And does Nate still have anything to teach this generation of Main Eventers, or is this just a clever way to keep his biggest threats within arm’s length?

Nate is the MJ of OCW after all, and despite his greatness, he is still just a man... who wants to win... one way or another.

The show ends with Quartz giving his brother, Harvey Hamilton Ocean (H2O) yet another nickname -- referring to him as The Blight instead of The Good Light. Harvey returns the favor, determining that his bigger brother is more like a 3-4" Snow Flurry, rather than The New Storm.

Everything is going great when a spider, Ryu Matsumoto, tries to pull an attack from behind. H2O is no stranger to such tactics and robs Ryu of yet another opportunity to prove his worth. Most of us are quite accustomed to being let-down by the trashman of OCW, but now Quartz is reminded why you never send a Spider to do a snake’s work.

Nonetheless, Matsumoto does manage to distract H2O for a split second, but once again, his speed saves him from another cheap-shot attempt from the storm approaching from the rear.

Harvey gets the upper hand this time, but how long before his luck runs out?

• Mark Out! 9