spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 5
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Administrators

Oh hello the views and opinions of this review are that of OCWFED and its subsidiaries redo discretion is strongly advised well hello there my name is JCS and I'm here to do a review on Turmoil Episode 283 because no one else has and it's annoying so I will put words down for you I hope you enjoy and if you don't I don't care.

I'm going to try to cover as much as I can but I don't promise to cover everything I will be definitely going through the matches and video segments that's for sure. and I will also try to cover some of the role-plays that stood out to me that I enjoyed so again if I miss your stuff take it personal cry about it that's just me anyway.

So let's begin with the actual matches work our way down. Oh and by the way I'm using text to voice because my hands are broken so this is very verbose and long sorry! If no one's going to review I'll do it and if I can get text to speech to work oohhhhh Lord have mercy be taking it back baby with taking it back to the to the Golden Era Ya'll don't want none.

-----------------------------

We kicked things off with Jesus G end Christian Garcia and a very spirited and competitive match up unfortunately we did not get a finish and this is important to me as I've said Time and Time and Time and Time and Time and Time and Time and Time and Time and Time Again that we have player-versus-player and while we have a canvas to paint these wonderful portraits of competitive role-play they're also competitive PVP and as such show the goddamn finish please! Sometimes I feel like I'm pissing in the wind and it's a disappointing that I have to keep fucking repeating myself.

Also COMMUNICATE, you should never find out there's something put in a match after the fact. That being said the actual reveal was super solid It was pretty cool to see the lights out trope hasn't been over done here in quite a while. I would have GREATLY preferred it was done at the end of the match not leaving doubt as to who won the competitive contest!

So once again cut the s*** I need to see who WON the match do your fun stuff after the match it's not hard hopefully I'll not have to repeat myself the more likely I will because some people just don't want to listen which is unfortunate. All that being said really enjoyed the reveal hated the f****** execution.

----------------------

Coming up after we meet Ashley Moore backstage being with Ashley does best a gigantic a****** to both MINA V. who's returning and her new tag team partner Evelyn Parker. What's more there to say it again Ashley Moore has a defined character and it's pretty much an a****** so when you bring Colin Locke into the mix who's actually a good person it's a nice contrast of styles! It makes hot storage tag team entertaining to me the question remains is how long is Ashley going to be an a****** some say the end of time.

------------------------------

Which now brings us to our second match of the evening the triple threat match which was initially Samson Simpson, Aisu and Tre Golden. Unfortunately due to miscommunication or wasn't available or didn't have an Xbox or I don't know I don't care so we got Jordan trance yay. Didn't hate it I was really rooting for Samsin because I like the journey he's taking with Wrex and Scumchester a lot and I felt in addition to having a new look and a slightly improved attitude this was his very first Turmoil in probably 7 years if at all and I don't know I like the kid so I was really hoping you can come up with the W.

But when you have player-versus-player sometimes you don't get what you want! It be like that sometimes like my mama said either way pretty decent match pretty decent outing for all participants.

Which now takes us to the CLARK EFFECT! First things first I love the way the video was produced it didn't overstay its welcome it was a succinct interview segment which you love to see! You hit your points and the standout was the special effects with what looked to be some kind of nightmarish Madness only to be revealed as furiosa AKA Heather Angelo! The one thing I've tried to impress on people is to use a little bit of backstory in their videos or role-plays and this also had a little bit of backstory regarding Terra and her relationship with furiosa AKA have Heather! Hits all the beats I dug it, HOOT!

------------------------

And now we begin our next match: Mixed Match Madness Hot Storage vs c-note and Lotus FloJo. I'm going to go on a limb and say that I didn't expect C-Note and FloJo come out together seeing them come out together was refreshing and it's the little things that come from production and matches and viewing as a community and viewing as a spectator that make these things that much more special! Doing something very simple but also incredibly meaningful is always dope!

The match itself was pretty much what I expected in a mixed tag match. It was a hundred miles an hour from the word go. Fast pace, lots of action, I thoroughly enjoyed the counters from WEEB - NOTE. Twice was the charm working like a well oiled unit my only complaint if I had any and it's not specifically for this match but just matches in general I would say by all accounts we have a game currently where you don't necessarily have to pin but when you don't it looks like a fighting game from my perspective.

I would appreciate that when big moves are hit when pinning combinations are hit you go for the pin! A couple of moments not only in this match where wonderful combinations of moves were hit and rather than go for that PIN to to get that emotion! Folks just decide to pick the opponent back up and do some of the ATATATA garbage!

The one that does stand out in this match was actually in the early stages of FloJo hit up a twisting like from one side to the other spear that turned Ashley in half! A thing of beautiful beauty but rather than go for the pin Flojo picks Ash up and plays Street fighter 5. I digress it's a small quibble but it's just something as a community we should be eyes open about or you can ignore me because I'm old and I don't know what I'm talkin about but honestly I do know what I'm talking about so don't ignore me and be better all in all great match cool ending I like the mixed Tag Division Jake is a mastermind what more can I say well I can say hopefully we get more mix tactics that don't suck. Also watch that FPR! Please and thank you!

---------------------------------------

Which takes it to the next segment backstage with Kass and Quartz. For the longest time Kas has been trying as he might to convert quartz into the fold of the family of kasstianity revealing finally that it's not Harvey that's meant to replace Kass but actually Quartz as the new Papa of the family.

Kass reveals a stupid statue Which was comically large and then begins to do the one thing you should never do and that is essentially villain monologue with your back turned! To reveal Kass has been monologing to nobody(COLD BLOODED). Woulda popped if he turned and it was just some random dude also lmao! Funny as f*** segment Kudos God bless goodnight with a final oh good heavens that s*** had me rolling.

--------------------------------

Are next video takes us to a match between Mina V and Alyssa this is Mina V’s debut or re debut if you want to be fancy since I don't know how long she was gone for. Mina showed up two weeks ago and said she was lost and now she's found. She showed up a week later stating Evelyn Parker is her new friend that they will take on the women's division as friends and confidants empowerment All That Jazz!

And now this week she's facing off against Evelyn Parker’s sister-in-law Alyssa Marceaux. How's that for Lore Dump wink-wink-nudge-nudge read a book! If the previous match was a hundred miles an hour this match is 1,000 miles an hour remember what I said about pins?

Yeah pretty much the same thing in this match Fast Pace a lot of Indyrific horseshit! Didn't hate it but I didn't necessarily love it a couple fpr breaks here and there nothing too crazy the match went down to the wire and at the very last moment MINA V. he took the W! Maybe we'll do a survey like how Adam used to do. All in all I didn't hate it but didn't necessarily love it just because it felt like 2 video game for me.

-------------------------

Are next segment our boy OL Mark Reese comes out to the absolutely zero reception Applause Ballyhoo or anything rather than harp on what was said yesterday basically there are tools available to give you crowd noise you can find them on the Discord or you can look them up online you can check on their assets and check the pin section you be able to find crowd noise in put into your videos if needed.

That being said that wasn't even the big deal although it was kind of hilarious Derek Smith comes out to confront Mark Reese, Claudio shows up and blind sides Mark Reese the two go back and forth as if some kind of truce has been found. Now correct me if I'm wrong I'm not sure but I thought last week after Derek laid out Claudio it was basically stay out of my way!

Suffice to say both men are on the same page both men are number one contenders and both men are going to f*** on Mark Reese! I'll say this from a viewer's perspective I don't think I've ever seen something like that and if I have I probably forgot about it the segment wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination and shout out to Reese if that was cleared (Hope it was cleared but ya never know now a days) but what took place was essentially the two contenders taking turns using big ass thick ass International Champion Mark Reese as a goddamn tackling dummy! That s*** was crazy !!!!!!

Its probably me but I think this made the challenges look tough, dangerous and like a million bucks but it kind of also made Mark look like a chump. Which is weird so I don't know how I feel about this video. I'm at an impasse….It takes a certain amount of humility to have that happen with your character and be okay with it so for that I give kudos and respect but anyone who take the opposite position I can bet dollars to Donuts you wouldn't have that happened to your character at all so shut up unless your KD, KDs a good egg! I remember that thing with Quartz which was also crazy.

Either way it sets the stage, you got a triple threat for the International championship. Mark Reese I hope I hope we see something next week we probably will but god damn! Reese gotta pick up both them boys and throw them into the Hudson River together something cuz god damn that was brutal!

-------------------------------------------------

more to come

• Mark Out! 9
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

- Wrex is the last person I'd expect to be a perfectionist given his resume, he goes at Samsin here for the loss, a loss in which he wasn't pinned. Still, this new 'mentor' Ross is very interesting to me. I'm waiting for others to more directly join under his tutelage. Liked the new gear from Samsin! It wasn't "I gotta make the most overly complex tights and attire ever" and that might be why I liked it. That's the Wrex influence. Simplistic while remaining captivating.

- C-Note continues to deliver despite going through the normal Rookie learning curves. The intensity and mystique around what/who he is keeps me interested and it's almost as if that mystique alone holds weight in every promo he cuts, video or otherwise. I also appreciated the follow up to show C-Note is not content with what he's gone through thus far, and the fact he's willing to work with FloJo shows he may be turning more directly to devious tactics to make his mark.

- Hito-Gui is such a well written character, just from a functional standpoint. I feel like every promo jumps off the screen for me. The direction may not be overly 1-1 feud wise, but this is the level of early-character character building I appreciate. Not a lot of room for speculation as to what Hito is all about. I hope to see him (or Pato) in more focused feuds at the tail end of 2022.

Honorable mentions to TWC with Spider, I feel they've come into their groove a lot RP wise this year. Spider's leeching is only going to make it better. Also to Jasmin's interesting stuff with the Pine Dojo, giving us a modern look into such a deeply rooted OCW foundation. Also :eyeballs: to Sanctum and... the Believers!? as well as Owen and DOC's late show, simple and effective segments.

- Mark Reese getting thrown about... This one fucked me up, as was mentioned in the VC. This has gotta be the first time Mark has been little boy'd in his career. He's been attacked from behind before but never have two men just completely manhandled him for minutes at a time without so much as a slight response. Everyone has their moments, and I am not going to criticize "OH HUR DUR WRESTLING HE LOOKS SO WEAK REESE IS DEAD", it just super took me by surprise. That said, sometimes it takes drastic measures for underdogs to be taken seriously and that worked in spades, because after this, I no longer think their match at Cide is going to be a foregone conclusion.

- Maxx visits Kasstian Church. HOLY FUCK WHY DOESNT KASSTIANITY STAY DEAD!!! I feel like they've been slain 3 times now and they keep coming back. Now this kidnapping of Maxx Edwards in his fancy 3D church rendering, I loved all of this. The dialogue felt natural and watching Harvey slip further into delusional "but I'm the best" madness makes me happy. Great segment.

- Has to be Evelyn vs Alyssa. That match went so hard for no reason. That's what all OCW matches, especially on TV, should aspire to be! Great work from both of ya.

I also have to mention Tony vs Harris, did NOT disappoint as a main event and Tony taking advantage of the ME spot by doing a great post-match segment. Nate vs Tony? Yes please. Summercide approaches, brothers, sisters, and everyone in between!

I really enjoyed this show from both a video and written standpoint. Nothing felt like a waste of time and everything held serious weight on the lead up to the PPV. That's wrestling and shows like this remind me why it's the greatest thing on the planet.

"Wrestling is better than the things you like."

See you all for RIOT!

• Mark Out! 6

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Administrators

Now time for some action or tag team turmoil on turmoil we have Cutlass taking on Roc who are now known as the lads in a very competitive and very spirited and very competitive competitive match super brutal super consistent.

I want to say it was a lot of pinfalls but I was probably too drunk to confirm or deny that either way really nothing bad to say about this match it was really just what we call a banger I would put this as my match of the night but I would probably put it in the top three matches for the show. When it came down to it Cutlass didn't really have an answer for the lads and as such that all that we need to be said about that match, good stuff did not hate most definitely did not hate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord have mercy we are at the point of a John Carter and Marissa expensive segment from an angle that seems to have been going on since I was born, the Saga much like the Wu-Tang continues. Here we see a big chested with the heavies Marisa with the future investment case a new case if you didn't know so this is where things get a little hairy the context of the promo was succinct if you didn't know Nate Mac stole John Carter's case and John Carter was unable to cash in on the CCW champion last week I think it was last week or the week prior to get the idea.

So now Nate Mac has possession of the case but what you didn't know if you were watching the the web show or the I rather the Stream is that John Carter broke into Nate Mac’s house with the help of Marisa and stole the contents of the case so Nate Mack has a case with different contents and John Carter has the original contents which is the shot, opportunity whatever you want to call it for a championship opportunity opportunity!

I'm going to keeps saying opportunity to the make me happy. So Mac shows up and destroys the case which was great and throws it into the crowd which was not safe. Luckily Cody Hagen on his way back from getting beer and chips was hit in the face with the broken case and is now the owner of the old case. This means nothing but it's now lore so do with that what you will. Shout out to go to Cody Hagen!

So this promo mentioned they will meet up at Summercide I guess we'll see what happens there should be a match I don't know what 4 probably Pride and Prejudice probably divorce papers, I don't know do this thing is all over the place God bless you if you keeping up and want to give me a tldr to figure out what the hell's happening please do so because I think we're good until the case contents were swapped earlier in the show.

Now I'm I'm straight-up confused that's where we're at I'm sure they'll fight sometime and we'll see it maybe have Marisa on a pole and they have to climb a ladder to not ride oh no Marisa in the shark cage something it is what it is man you miss the shots you don't take.

---------------------------------------------

Okay Now we got a match I was digging to see we got Marcus McMichaels AKA Black Irish of the wrestling club taking on Owen Chop Master of Sanctum. So first things first I applaud Owen for being bold enough to attempt to wear white but for the love of God please never ever ever do that again!

Very clean by the way but unfortunately I think I said the comment earlier on the stream Cody Rhodes one says the difference between a wrestler and a guy in his underwear was Knee pads so all that white with little itty bitty trunks all I can think of was when big show put on a diaper and pretended to be a baby and I couldn't get out of my head (see image)

BigShowBaby_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85

And if you listen back you might be able to hear me trying to fight my brain. I think I held it together. I'm pretty sure I did because I'm a professional but Jesus Christ! so on top of that this match didn't go high expected just holy s*** like Marcus went ham sandwiches con queso.

If you don't know what that means that means ham sandwiches and cheese but he wasn't cheesy but I just added an additive cuz you can't say ham and pickles you get the idea relax so why this is happening in my dumb head.

I'm just thinking that that Marcus McMichaels is beating up a giant baby That F10 on the ropes was just chef’s kiss and dangerous! One thing I did notice there was lots of pins in this match Big Move hit go for a pin, combination go for a pin in both competitors had that.

At the end of the day it was kind of a waffle stomp but goddamn was it entertaining as always tis pvp. Parting thoughts Owen maybe put something behind your trunks your name something simple nothing crazy or maybe put in the front of the itty bitty trunks.

I don't know I would suggest knee pads but that's just me if you don't want to wear knee pads since I don’t honestly ever remember seeing knee pads then I suggest you go the opposite way and go full-on Randy Orton! You can't wear pants, Owen with pants is weird to me it feels like it doesn't fit or probably just jeans.

Owen needs to wear his shirt or even the robe and no pants just backstage, no pants in catering waiting for a match interview with Stacy Clark t-shirt no pants that's what I'm saying what knee pads I don't know do with that information what you will.

I'm just saying in the future I don't know about the white cuz I can't get that visual out my head and now I'm thinking of the Big Show and dance around as a baby and i can’t As I'm typing this I'm laughing a lot so please please do something if not for me do it for Owen’s Chair okay we're done moving on

------------------------------------------

Part 3 Later

• Mark Out! 7
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

• Administrators

We're Almost done I promise and then we'll have a separate segments for the role plays not all of them but some of them anyway moving on we have Colin Locke and of course this one was pretty fun and interesting very introspective. If you watch the video you'll see that there's a background story in a very brief video package and this is what I love to give people context of what these two have been doing.

It's already been a year and a year goes by really fast in OCW! It's kind of crazy how that happens but that's just the way it is and time just does not stop, nice throwback and with this new iteration of Quartz we know that he's the consummate face the consummate stoic good guy. It’s basically making mention that maybe just maybe these two will meet down the line which I for one would look forward to.

I feel Colin Locke is someone a lot of people kind of look over as the comedy guy but he does have chops and he is a two-time International Champion some people chase pixels all over the place you got guys like Colin Locke putting story the story together making magic happen and making us laugh that's what you call an all-around threat in a good way a full package if you will! So I really would like to see him get to that next level then attempt CCW that could be cool who knows either way Dug it!

---------------------------------------

Oh boy oh boy oh boy the church segment Maxx Edwards visit the Kasstianity Church this was dope this was awesome this was sweet for the fact that if you know your lore and I know some of you might not because kass stinks boo hooo you would know that the church has been mentioned often but never seen never seen visually (unless you count the murals but we not counting those) rather so to see Maxx walk through the halls of the church was super dope just like how Jake lost his mind I was also like a oh that's fugn tight.

Maxx don't miss he really doesn't I just hope this young man doesn't burn himself out but this man does not miss this was a fun segment this was a dope segment and if you read between the line if you read what they're saying there's a whole lot of backstory and putting everything together all these things that happen in their past combining them H20 it with his motivations everyone mentioning things that happened in the past prior obligations prior engagements.

The tldr chef's kiss we saw Harvey trying to get Maxx into the fold of the Church of the Kass aka FAMIRY! Maxx is like no he's done with that kind of garbage doesn't trust Harvey and feels he’s being manipulated by Kass. Whereas Maxx who WAS manipulated and just freed himself from the shackles of manipulation in one Thomas Archer.

Just really good symbolism between these two characters and personally seen Maxx finally move to the next level is something I and I am sure a hell of a lot of people have been waiting for for so long because we had plenty of people the kind of get to the next level and sometimes good something okay and you got someone like Maxx or like Colin just you know grinding it out doing good stories doing consistent stuff just all around producing good contents solid content good stories on the cusp!

It's wonderful to see them just move on up its progression to see it live is dope. So it ends with H20 trying to be a jerk and like Papa Kass hit Maxx in the dick! Only for Maxxy to knee the shit out of H20 and for Furiosa to come up from behind and crack Maxx in his chimichangas (What is with these ppl and hitting folks in the dick?)

Maxx has been kidnapped in the church. I don't know what's going to happen. I just know it's not going to be safe. I can't wait for next week and that's what wrestling is about when you can't wait for next week.

-----------------------------------------

If you guys are still with me we're at the endgame now and I don't mean Telos. We have Harris Turner taking on Tony Everrett both men need momentum. Both men have a point to prove long story short as the kids say this match slapped!

At one point it looked like Tony had the lead and it was easy peasy and then Harris turned the corner and evened things up super exciting super fun I wish it was a little bit more pins but that's me being nitpicky because when it comes to Main Event I like to be nitpicky. This was smashmouth right down the middle no fuckshit no disappearing act no DQ's no weird Bulls*** no run-ins no horseshit just a W from a hard-fought match!

Your winner is Tony Everrett, I love seeing two young guns going crazy so I thoroughly enjoyed that contest but it's not over in typical fashion we have a 7-hour celebration Tony calls out the living legend the G.T. G.O.A.T Nate Ortiz.

And if you weren't paying attention to literature this is been going on for the last 2 to 3 weeks and if you've been paying attention to the lore which I know it can be hard for some of you myself included also know that this was something that was in the making sense the beginning of Dominion and all their problems and quandary's, conundrums and evolution's.

Last year we saw Nate take on Rust in the battle for the Summer (Which was one of the best matches of the year) so why not the last spoke in the wheel the former CCW Champion Tony Everrett. Battle for the summer Dominion for life don't know about y'all I'm super excited for this!

I'm also wary cuz neither one of those matches where I don't want you to person to lose but with player-versus-player someone has to lose all I gotta say is it's the summer and one of the summertime Nate is a different animal that being said Tony is a bad mother f***** he's been on point on 22 so Nate is at a distinct disadvantage so again my heart can't take this match cuz I love both of these people equally oh sad days ahead.

------------------------------

Last video portion of the review if you stuck with me this long thank you if not f*** you it might have been easier to actually type all this out but I like talking instead typing because I said my hands are broken so before I go I do want to touch on one more thing I will be doing the I'll be doing the role-play segment later but I did want to touch on 1 roleplay which stuck out to me like a sore thumb in a good way!

The DOC and Owen interaction I've said it a bunch of times more times than I can count less is more simple the better these were two role-plays which were simple and to the point a post-match interaction with an Irate Owen be confronted by the king of OCW in a semi less than respectful way but still somewhat respectful.

Owen as a character has always been pretty measured but I think it's safe to say that between some interactions you have a character especially when the interaction he had with Mark Reese or rather what he said about Sue what can conclude that Owen can be a dick.

And that such that dick version of Owen came out and he blasted Doc With a chop and walks off cold as motherfuking ice. We follow up a segment later after the church segment and now Doc is with Jim Black and he is irate, a fire in his belly the disrespect will not stand and.

Doc will not be taking a backseat by a young gun who just became a wrestler from a rookie (A similar position DOC was himself in with Paul Pugh 4 fucking years ago) and challenges that next week for my chop battle when I say less is more when I say simple the better this is what I mean this stuck out this stood out in a year from now I'll probably bring it up again (Remember When Owen slapped the shit out of KANG) doesn't always fit the narrative but this is the kind of s*** I'm talking about loved it I cannot wait for this match between DOC and Owen f****** sold.

So thank you for reading. If you didn’t you can’t see this but pound sand.

• Mark Out! 5
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

• Administrators

- Mark Reese getting thrown about... This one fucked me up, as was mentioned in the VC. This has gotta be the first time Mark has been little boy'd in his career. He's been attacked from behind before but never have two men just completely manhandled him for minutes at a time without so much as a slight response. Everyone has their moments, and I am not going to criticize "OH HUR DUR WRESTLING HE LOOKS SO WEAK REESE IS DEAD", it just super took me by surprise. That said, sometimes it takes drastic measures for underdogs to be taken seriously and that worked in spades, because after this, I no longer think their match at Cide is going to be a foregone conclusion.

Mark's gotta get his heat back, BROTHERRRRRRR

harley_race_6.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

Mark's gotta get his heat back, BROTHERRRRRRR

harley_race_6.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta eat a surprise beating. It’s always been a thing that Reese is trusting, perhaps he was too trusting having seen last weeks episode of “keeping out each other’s way.”

Being pulled throat first into the rope by surprise would be the KAYFIZZ explanation for Reese not really fighting back.

Segment itself was my idea, said to try and keep one-upping each other, I suppose it’s hard to have Reese trying to fight back from his knees because of the way the game works. I should maybe have story boarded it for the guys instead of just giving the barebones.

I’m happy with what came out, if you think being hoodwinked by two hungry challengers makes Reese a chump then I can understand that due to the length and nature of the video but…

We all saw what happened to the last guy to hit Reese from behind.

———————

Anyway the Parca return… It’s boring if everything comes after the end of a match in my opinion, doing something in the middle is just so sports entertainment, I haven’t watched anything on account of being in Ireland other than the quick beat down of Reese but I’d imagine a suitable competitive match was done which lead to decisions on how to execute this return.

————

I heard Reese was taken to a local barbecue facility to recover, but whether or not he’s cleared in time for the next show… Who knows?!

• Mark Out! 1

spacer.png

So, whatever personal drama is going down aside, I think the issue with the CG/Jesus thing is that they picked the worst way for it to happen. While it could be argued that the interruption happening after a finisher has been hit, or even at the hint of one coming is predictable, I'd argue it's only predictable in hindsight, no one would be going 'Oh, I bet so and so won't get the pin'. In reality, when we could have had the visual of Parca interrupting after Jesus' finisher, denying his underling the victory, or stopping CG from getting the pin after he hit it, thereby saving Jesus, immediately we've got a more complex relationship on display between the three characters and a lot of potential for storylines. Instead, we get a cut to black when neither one of them is finishable, Jesus apparently disappears and we can assume the bell is rung for a disqualification off camera. There's a lot more creative potential working within the boundaries of what OCW is as a competitive environment than there is trying to subvert it for subversion's sake. It's a shame, because the voice acting had a strong motivation behind it, and that Trouble in Tijuana should've been absolutely grisly once the lights come on, and instead it's being overshadowed by a blip in the execution.

---

Other great stuff, though.

Maxx Edwards in the Soul Reaver church, my god, it took me right back the good days of PC gaming where it was all invisible dice rolls and badly animated first person monsters and less buildings forts and telling a 6 year old his mum's adopted while you shoot him. Kasstianity's genuinely piqued my interest these last few weeks, I've liked the overarching story, the fact that some people are hugely in the cult and some are just no-selling it (Quartz walking off was bloody genius), it's just something that doesn't make demands of the entire roster in order to work. Whether you think it's a spooky nonsense 'we listen to metal' faction, or a threatening presence that should be respected, Kasstianity have carved out a really nice place in this current OCW climate, and I'm interested to see what developments occur.

In terms of writing, I really enjoyed seeing Marcus, Spider, and John's mission statement, I'm not overall convinced by the sort of work-shoot meta aspects yet (if that was a work and not someone legitimately throwing a big storyline in the air), but it feels like this new development will give people a sense of individuality and direction that they've really lacked as of late, and I'm intrigued.

I also enjoy the level of description in Hito Gui's promos, I always like to read vivid descriptions rather than lines upon lines of dialogue, it makes things flow a bit nicer and justifies the written format a lot more for me.

In terms of matches, thanks to everyone involved in Hot Storage vs C-Note & Flojo, we managed it despite the WWE servers being made out of dvd copies of the Space Jam remake, and while the show didn't have a huge amount of absolute eye poppers for me, that just let Alyssa vs Mina V stand out, which is really nice for them, the match was really enjoyable, so much so I didn't realise that Alyssa's still got the Etiquette Check in her moveset until I rewatched it, it's lucky that Harri's busy with her duties as the OCW Etiquette Champion (in briefcase form). Seriously though, really solid match, both characters are looking better than every, and it's looking like we're gonna see some strong stories and ideas coming through in the women's division, ace stuff.

• Mark Out! 7