spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 7
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Nate: Hi Tiberius and Frenchize!

I hope the kid knees you into phreaking orbit.

• Mark Out! 3

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become Nate Ortiz" - Drago Cesar

"Let me make myself clear: you work for me. If I tell you to fight Blaine, you fight Blaine. Hell, if I tell you to fight a lion, you WILL fight a lion and still thank me afterwards for giving you a job." - Mr. Sensation

I hope the kid knees you into phreaking orbit.

Just for you I’m going to go out there as the longest tenured guy with the least in ring action of anyone, and out do 99% of them folks with the powers I took from your summer!

• Mark Out! 1

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

VIDEO RP: RYU / ARIES

Whether you love or hate the man... everyone loves to see Ryu get a receipt. Obviously, when your mouth writes that many checks, someone is bound to cash a few.

Aries' monologue went on a bit long for my taste, but I can forgive it from a legend. I didn't even mind when the "Butterworth" line came up twice because that shit was funny.

Despite some font-spacing and grammar issues, this was a good start for the show I’d say.

VIDEO RP: TERRA / FURIOSA

This was a fairly quick clip, but I appreciate all the cuts and edits: Terra in the car, the audio –although I kinda wish the crowd was a bit louder– and numerous angles with clean cuts.

The only other small critique I would give is that I wish there was a cut right after Furiosa hit Terra with the sign so it only showed her walking away. By including the animation of Furiosa dropping the sign and then walking away, we get that weird “put your hands up” defensive animation before the more organic walking animation kicks in.

WRITTEN RP: CHRISTIAN

I dig it. I get a sense of where Christian is coming from and his intentions towards Miguel. Mr. Garcia is not a good guy… or a bad guy per say… just an angry man trying to help his friend… with his fists. I say: let the fists of friendship fly.

VIDEO RP: SAMSIN / WREX

Another short RP, but well done. I always question whether a short video RP like this is worth the effort –why not just write it out real quick– but the addition of music and lighting definitely helps set a tone… and I assume video RPs get more views, especially during live streams. In the end, as long as the message comes across, there isn’t a right or wrong format I suppose.

VIDEO RP: HANZO / GONZALO

A good interruption RP… and I think we were ALL glad to see Hanzo interrupted. Gonzalo comes off as a cheeky babyface in this particular exchange, so maybe that’s why I enjoyed his half of the RP a bit more. It just seems like he utilized the video format more successfully when it came to displaying personality.

WRITTEN RP: PARCA / DENNIS

Despite some minor grammar/spelling errors, this was a professional-grade RP. As I get older, I tend to enjoy stories with more banter or natural conversations that help me believe these characters are real. Witty comments or subtle innuendo sprinkled in to really give characters some personality without making them sound like they're reading a standard script.

This was easy to follow, but with enough little details to paint the picture. The tension comes across and I’m intrigued to see where it goes. Is Parca paranoid? Is Dennis full of shit… well, full of more shit than usual at least? Will they kiss? Who knows?

WRITTEN RP: TWC / JASMIN

A fun little segment amidst the bravado and drama. Even with the bit of awkwardness, in the beginning, the TWC welcome a second, first-lady in Jasmin. Marcus may have his hands full when it comes to explaining the difference between a hug and a Bear Hug, but he seems determined to expose her killer instinct. You can’t spell “fundamentals” without “fun” or “mental”, so time will tell which road this leads them down.

VIDEO RP: CLAUDIO

I really enjoy this version of Claudio –very entertaining and full of hot, summer air. The gimmick even fits the upcoming PPV aesthetic like some kind of manifested destiny.

Will the Beach Boy Bulldozer be able to run through the True-Country Tractor? I dunno, but maybe we can use all these vehicles to rebuild the arena once they destroy it.

VIDEO RP: LADS / CUTLASS / TIBBY

Technically, this was supposed to be a match, but hey, a pirate’s life is fraught with danger.

First of all; the tron video for Cutlass is top-notch. That’s something you’d see in a legit federation where they pay people to come up with clever shit like this. I mean… a question mark turning into a hook, only to double as the letter “C” in CUTLASS. [claps] Bravo.

Anyways; I don’t know if it was intentional but the quick cut to Baxter on the floor was classically funny to me. Gave me a mini-pop… or a desk-pop if you will, and it’s always fun to see Tibby in anything because his character is so unique and interesting to look at. LOL

WRITTEN RP: SCOTTY

Scotty doesn’t know why he wasn’t invited to the party, but Scotty does know how to find loopholes. The ‘ol, buy tickets to the PPV so you can technically say you were part of the PPV, trick. I’ll be surprised if Scotty doesn’t show.

Another short n’ sweet RP… might start calling these Sweet n’ Lows. Not much to critique, as it does the job –informs us of Scotty’s intentions and reveals a bit about how the character thinks. I know it seems hard to mess that up, but you’d be surprised.

WRITTEN RP: TWC / TGA

More faction friction between the GOAT Academy (TGA) and The Wrestling Club (TWC). I always appreciate when characters like AISU or Jordan Trance have an oblivious nature. It reminds me of myself when people try to stir up drama at work –I just want to drink my coffee and enjoy the free Friday donuts, thank you.

As for John; I can feel his animosity towards TGA. It’s an unhealthy level that can easily send someone down a spiral of blind, insatiable revenge. And that’s how the Sith get ‘ya.

VIDEO RP: LOCKE / MOORE / MUGEN

Nothing I write will do this segment any justice. Inside jokes, outside jokes, jokes on jokes. These are not RP’s… they are experiences and you must take the journey alone.

WRITTEN RP: CHANCE

I’m lost on who Chance is, however, the irony of someone named “Chance”, who is afraid to take a chance, is not lost on me. This reminds me of Guy Fausto, so I’m intrigued for now.

VIDEO RP: CLARK / MARISA / MAC

Things are reverting back to the late 90s, Attitude Era. Rental cars –that look like they were part of PIMP MY RIDE– are being vandalized; divorce papers are on the line and everything revolves around a set of taw-taws that could eclipse the sun. I love it.

VIDEO RP: JASMIN / MARCUS / MOORE

The little segment after the match helps to establish the connection between Jasmin, Marcus, and TWC, while possibly setting up a future rivalry? After three pages and 14 RPs at this point, I’m really starting to appreciate the sweet n’ lows. LOL

WRITTEN RP: MAXX

I’m in love with the monster under Harvey’s bed. This was a decent RP, where Maxx reminds us how determined he is to put Harvey in his place. His conviction will not be diluted by H2Os filtration system… it makes sense if you don’t think about it.

VIDEO RP: HARRIS

Strong words from a strong man. Harris Turner lays down some facs and explains why The Wrestling Club is wack. A very straightforward, but well-done RP, I must say. Feels like champion material.

WRITTEN RP: FLOJO / C-NOTE

This sweet n’ low was the very definition of a short RP. I do kinda wish there was a bit more back n’ forth between the two, but I guess it wasn’t really necessary. Flojo has an eye on Jasmin now and C-Note continues to learn. Bing, bang, boom.

VIDEO RP: HITO

Interesting RP. The vibe is that of 80’s anime, where they say things like: Your pain is exquisite; share it with me.

I’m not sure what this “item” is, that Hito references, but I’m hoping it’s the coat he is suddenly wearing at the end. I know that white fur always makes me feel more powerful when I feel it on my naked skin. Mmmmmmm. Thank you, baby seals.

WRITTEN RP: HARRI / CLARK

Similar to the Harris Turner RP, this is professional grade. The character feels solid and thought out. Even though there was a lot said, it didn’t feel overdone or drawn out. I think this even has the best quote of the night: “See, this shit's why I got an undefeated one-on-one record and why Marisa can't even keep a one-on-one relationship going.”

Haha. Savage.

VIDEO PROMO: JUDGE

Loved this promo video. Harri still walks away with the best quote, but this video comes a close 2nd. Just a well-done video with nothing but good choices: the music, the grey tone, and the clips. It’s so fetch.

WRITTEN RP: ORTIZ / EVERRETT / CLARK

When you’re at the level of a Nate Ortiz or The Kang, you really could just put your names on a banner and call it a day, but it would be such a waste of all that history and star power. They seem to agree, as here they are, putting in the work and adding more to the lore.

VIDEO RP: RUST / MAC

Uh… this is an odd one, but I’ll admit, it made me chuckle. Mac gets his leprechaun on by going after some French shoes. This could be some kind of kinky fetish he acquired during his time with Marisa, or maybe he’s just an aggressive sneaker-head. Good thing the boots were already white, is all I’m sayin’.

VIDEO RP: KASTIANITY / QUARTZ / TERRA / MAXX

Kass is after blood, whether or not it shares a chromosome. Of course, Quartz comes out as the “Stonecold/Moxley” to his “Ministry/Inner Circle”, and all hell breaks loose.

The love and knowledge of wrestling are very apparent as it all unfolds in true Sports Entertainment fashion. Fans are happy, promoters are delighted, talent is happy and all is right with the wrestling world. The lines are drawn as we get a final glimpse of both sides before they bash at the beach. What a way to end a show.

• Mark Out! 11