spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

Due to recent turn of events I have come to the conclusion that I am completely wrong on everything I just recently said. I am sorry for the confusion. Everything is great. Parca did a fantasic job on that Hype video and I couldn't picture anyone better for CG to fight for that title other than Parca. I hope we get some new events with the ICEman John story. Like the inclusion of another female or come to find out John is gay and is in love with Iceman hence why he can't stop thinking about it. This shit can't get any better. I love it. Keep up the great work everyone.

This response is completely unnecessary and even if you're upset someone disagreed with you, you're only serving to antagonize with backhanded responses like this.

You have the right to express your perspective and others have the same right to explain their intentions, even if you felt those intentions missed the mark.

EDIT:

Jay explained this was on him and nobody actually got angry at the initial comment. Sorry Emp, let's blame Jay together.

Edited by Quartz
  • Mark Out! 6

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be the voice of reason, but Emp watches and discusses everything. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

It’s not unnecessary to have an opinion that isn’t the same as yours, it’s human interaction. If Emp doesn’t like Parca’s content that doesn’t mean Emp has a personal issue with Parca.

Emp can hate Parca, and dislike Parca’s content at the same time, they’re not intertwined.

Emp's original opinion was objectively inaccurate. She might have forgotten them, I get it, but there's been at least a year of build in RPs and video segments with El Parca and CG building to a match between them eventually. To miss the mark suggests either a lack of information or malice. It's fine because she later corrected herself but you can't "watch and discuss everything" and miss one of the key storylines with a character that becomes OCW World Champion.

Food for thought.

• Mark Out! 2
Sanctum-172-Banner.png

I love you too Parca. And might I add. For those who are complaining about the length of the storyline. We were going to end this at Lution. John was gonna go on his merry way and Marisa and Iceman were gonna deal with the fallout. But go listen to the Lution post show podcast and the commentary.. That’s why we decided to extend it.

Not every criticism is a personal attack. Sure, the 30 second segment didn't overload the show and I thought it was a fun break between the matches, but I can also see how other people don't enjoy the story as much as me and get very tired of backstage attacks.

Though I will say the whole "backstage beatdown" meme has been overdone to the point where people think anything with physical contact is a "backstage beatdown". A physical feud like this one happens and it's not like it's been entirely physical confrontations.

That said, you HAVE supplied enough context around the things you do for it to make sense, the opinion (from what I can tell) is that it's just oversaturated a bit too much.

I also had the entire "video vs text" discussion with Jay and Kent the other day. The medium should not be to blame for lackluster storytelling. You should absolutely look to strike a balance but as long as it's told well, there's no reason to believe a video is inherently worse than text. There are situations where there's no point to do a video depending on the content, but that's a decision made by the storyteller.

Overall, there's really no point to be shitty with each other simply because you don't love something or you don't love someone's opinion on something.

• Mark Out! 5

POzHGqo.png

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Not to be the voice of reason, but Emp watches and discusses everything. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

It’s not unnecessary to have an opinion that isn’t the same as yours, it’s human interaction. If Emp doesn’t like Parca’s content that doesn’t mean Emp has a personal issue with Parca.

Emp can hate Parca, and dislike Parca’s content at the same time, they’re not intertwined.

Don't worry, nobody thinks you're the voice of reason.

POzHGqo.png

Emp's original opinion was objectively inaccurate.

Due to the very definition of “opinion”, this is objectively inaccurate.

Just because Emp doesn’t subscribe to the hive mind, doesn’t mean Emp’s opinion is any less.

You should remember that, in streaming on Twitch, you bring in a lot of first time/lapsed viewers. I know this because I was one of them. While I appreciate it’s impossible to colour every match with potentially years worth of backstory, there’s always a risk a thing will fall flat because of that. It fell flat for me as well. Other segments didn’t. A few of the segments (Furiosa match, most of the Kasstianity stuff) was framed well enough that I could enjoy it.

It’s easy to get caught inside the OCW bubble and therefore forget the audience isn’t just people who know the intricacies of your 3rd alts career. Hard to perfect, but people like Jake for instance are very good at summarising things quickly and efficiently. I was hyped to see the shit he was involved in because of the package immediately before it.

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content.

Food for thought.

• Mark Out! 4

No.

• Administrators

ocw works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content.

Food for thought.

fucking facts

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Just because Emp doesn’t subscribe to the hive mind, doesn’t mean Emp’s opinion is any less.

You should remember that, in streaming on Twitch, you bring in a lot of first time/lapsed viewers. I know this because I was one of them. While I appreciate it’s impossible to colour every match with potentially years worth of backstory, there’s always a risk a thing will fall flat because of that. It fell flat for me as well. Other segments didn’t. A few of the segments (Furiosa match, most of the Kasstianity stuff) was framed well enough that I could enjoy it.

It’s easy to get caught inside the OCW bubble and therefore forget the audience isn’t just people who know the intricacies of your 3rd alts career. Hard to perfect, but people like Jake for instance are very good at summarising things quickly and efficiently. I was hyped to see the shit he was involved in because of the package immediately before it.

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content.

An opinion saying there was no reason for the match based on a not full understanding of the story means it is objectively and factually inaccurate because there was a year's worth of backstory not to mention the two previous shows had events to build to the match.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say she watches and reviews everything and then make an argument based on not being familiar with the product.

You can have an opinion based on an imperfect understanding of what is going on but it doesn't make you look good. That is objectively inaccurate because it isn't in full possession of the facts.

• Mark Out! 3
Sanctum-172-Banner.png

• Administrators
This response is completely unnecessary and even if you're upset someone disagreed with you, you're only serving to antagonize with backhanded responses like this.

You have the right to express your perspective and others have the same right to explain their intentions, even if you felt those intentions missed the mark.

http://c.tenor.com/dB3eM1u2uhcAAAAi/thats-my-bad-sorry-about-that.gif

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

It’s easy to get caught inside the OCW bubble and therefore forget the audience isn’t just people who know the intricacies of your 3rd alts career. Hard to perfect.

Food for thought.

Agree with most of what you're putting down here, but the primary disconnect to me is that Empress framed it in a way that "made no sense" or "had no story" or whatever, when it objectively did. If she had done what you just did about it falling flat or not having the impact, that's a different conversation to me.

Opinions are what they are, but I don't love that you can say very factually incorrect things as long as you label it as an "opinion". I don't think there's any harm in providing context to things that you felt were misrepresented...

That said, that's another issue entirely that was discussed in Discord, because generally what happens is either the initial critique is incredibly shitty and purposefully dismissive and the other party gets mad - or the critique is a well presented, though negative, opinion of content and the creator of the content gets incredibly shitty and defensive on their own.

From there, there's no real conversation to be had because it becomes a childish back and forth and I feel it happens way more when one party already dislikes the other (and we know Emp does not like Brian and vice versa) so the fires are already stoked and both parties are defensive.

Ya'll just need to meet conflict with resolution and look to take the legit criticisms as feedback. Even if you believe it to be a personal attack, nobody wins when you drag it out into this nonsense. Find a middle ground. Attack it with reason and even if you can't find it. "Thanks for watching and your feedback."

Hard to do since most of us are here for fun to get away from stress in our lives so to have that thrown on you is difficult, and I'm certainly not innocent of being perfectly cordial at all times. I'm a little cunt too.

Tequila for thought.

• Mark Out! 3

POzHGqo.png

I feel like we should be able to read through stuff. Exaggeration is a thing. I can see how some shortcomings of CG/Parca, plus perhaps a timing mismatch can make a thing make 'no sense' in the same way I have been awake literally a million hours doing this recording.

Like, it feels very much missing the forest for the trees, there's so much worth that isn't just disqualified by hyperbole. That can be debated, of course, but it's not 'objectively wrong', that's just a weird hill to die on.

• Mark Out! 4