spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I’ve never done one of these before so mine as well start now

Verde vs Hanzo

Very competitive no non sense. These guys were playing to win which some people do not really like but I mean you can’t have everyone on your side. I found it to be a fun match up Verde did better than I expected. Hanzo is really good at the game and is super competitive which isn’t a terrible thing. He does story stuff too so not like he’s just here winning matches and doing nothing with it. Good on Verde for attempting to match Hanzos fast paced style I enjoyed watching them go at it.

CNote vs Parker

As much as we joke they are the same person they very much aren’t. CNote as a character I’m a huge fan of. Parker’s promo with El Parca on the web show interested me seems like he’s attempting to change things up a bit which is cool. Match itself was fun best part was CNote shoving money in Parker’s mouth. Interested to see how his feud with Telos plays out it’s one of my favorite things happening right now.

Mina v Sue

Sue lost people a ton of money for not being able to target the red. Lead to a good comeback/underdog win which is always fun. Mina and Evelyn is an interesting duo which I think can be very nice in the woman’s division right now. Sue gotta learn how to do things besides slamming but slamming being her downfall was absolutely amazing.

Scotty v Cort

Who doesn’t love a good Cort match? Scotty showed he was no slouch picking up a win in a competitive match. Had a short promo on the web show aswell which is a good start. Overall thing he will stick around and do some decent things, take that jacket off though!!!

Tucker v Brown

Jesus Christ wtf happened to the judge, this character change is very interesting. Not a fan yet of it still trying to figure it out but seeing who is behind the character I’m sure it’ll be gold. This was how we all expected it to go. Good old beat down didn’t overstay it’s welcome. Hung Jury is an amazing finisher name and that’s all I got.

Garcia vs Karmine

Best match of the show. Love how both these guys work in general. Karmine attacking the injured arm and Garcia elbowing even though his arm was dead is amazing. Props to both men takes two to tango and they had an amazing match

Main Event

This match was something. There was some odd things that happened but it’s a multi man it is what it is. Harri not bringing FI out even though she’s scared of Futi kinda bugged me as I think FI should always be on you. Also interested to see what happens if we get around Lution and Furi is still champion then what? I feel it’s a stinky situation but Harri is amazing so I’m sure she will make it work. Wasn’t a fan of this one had some good moments.

Overall vp had a great vibe this week everyone was having fun betting wild amounts of money it was a good time. Show was enjoyable nothing really stuck out to me as terrible I just wished people who were retired stayed retired!!!! But it’s all fun we should just stop saying “retired” just say going away. Rising Sun seems like we will have a fun kinda throw back card. Always fun watching the shows please don’t hate on me too hard if anyone sees this and everyone have an amazing day :)

• Mark Out! 7

Overall vp had a great vibe this week everyone was having fun betting wild amounts of money it was a good time. Show was enjoyable nothing really stuck out to me as terrible I just wished people who were retired stayed retired!!!! But it’s all fun we should just stop saying “retired” just say going away. Rising Sun seems like we will have a fun kinda throw back card. Always fun watching the shows please don’t hate on me too hard if anyone sees this and everyone have an amazing day :)

First off fuck you for writing a review how dare you! ...I'm kidding. Wanted to say thank you for doing a review of the show any feedback is always welcome. And you shouldn't be afraid of people hating you for sharing your opinion on an entertainment/hobby thing. Coming from one of the most hated people in ocw for sharing their opinion on things for some odd reason. Even if ocw is just for fun and a hobby it doesn't mean you can't share your opinion on something. You can say negative things and still like something. example: The Garcia vs Parca match. I liked the match but because the context leading to the match didn't make sense to me and me alone some felt it was some kind of attack on them. If you did a DnD game with someone at the end of the game if you have ideas that could make a future game better why not sure the idea. I know stuff takes time to make and edit. So do movies but you can still say I didn't care for that movie or the story of that movie wasn't good. Some people will take the advice and some won't. No one is forced to do anything but What putts is getting upset with people for sharing their opinion on a game. No one is forced to like something fully no matter how much time was put into it. That doesn't mean you can't discuss or debate and it doesn't mean you fully hate it either.

On that note. I'm not going to say the last of this review is targeted at me maybe its targeted drago or someone else that has stepped away. But what that being said have you ever watched wrestling before? no one stays retired. Ric Flair has retired probably about as mean times as he was been world champ. Retiring and Returning is part of wrestling. I do agree if you are going to retire you should stay gone for a longer period of time but if you have the urge to come back who says you can't? you go where the money takes you. To pull back the curtain since everyone has this ughhhh emps back again mentally going I for one had no intentions of coming back other than making an appearance with kass for summercide as that has a story behind it that some of you wouldn't know since you weren't here when it happened. As for the Red Sun Rising ppv that wouldn't be happening if I hadn't been hounding Jae about it since pretty much I started with OCW in 2019. And if you think I'm not going to be part of something I alone have been pushing for since I started here you're out of your mind.

Back to the show.

• Mark Out! 4

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

I'm not reviewing matches as I'll just be doing rps for this.

#1. This is my rp. It was okay, after reading it I felt I could have done things a little better. But It's also been a while so takes some getting back into the motion of things. I look forward to hearing what Valkyrie has to say if she has anything to say regarding my challenge. Digging up the past to make way for a better future.

#2. H20 / Furi - Lets start with Furi since that's where this started. I love me some furi the unpredictable nature of the character and the battles between both Furi , Heather , and her actual rival. With that being said I haven't been completely sold on Furi's rivalries as much as the battle between her and Heather. For me the Terra Rivalry has been the strongest point in Heather's title run at this moment and Bertha being the weakest just due to the build of that fight. This isn't a bad thing as Heather is still early in her run so I look forward to where things are going. I feel Furi isn't put much worry into Harri which she should as she seem to be just as unpredictable as Furi and with her walking around with that case I would watch my back. And since I'm not doing reviews on matches I'll just post this here. The ending to the main event has me intrigued as I'm wondering who could this be.

H20 part - Reading H20's part of the show just makes me hungry all this talk about grapes and stuff is just making me want food. But the talking about Tony's feet thing a little weird. But I get it when it comes to the context of the rp just a weird way to get to that subject. lol I'm looking forward to H20 vs Tony 1v1 as this match is already hitting at high notes hopefully they can keep it going until the ppv.

More to come

• Mark Out! 1

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

I'm not reviewing matches as I'll just be doing rps for this.

#1. This is my rp. It was okay, after reading it I felt I could have done things a little better. But It's also been a while so takes some getting back into the motion of things. I look forward to hearing what Valkyrie has to say if she has anything to say regarding my challenge. Digging up the past to make way for a better future.

#2. H20 / Furi - Lets start with Furi since that's where this started. I love me some furi the unpredictable nature of the character and the battles between both Furi , Heather , and her actual rival. With that being said I haven't been completely sold on Furi's rivalries as much as the battle between her and Heather. For me the Terra Rivalry has been the strongest point in Heather's title run at this moment and Bertha being the weakest just due to the build of that fight. This isn't a bad thing as Heather is still early in her run so I look forward to where things are going. I feel Furi isn't put much worry into Harri which she should as she seem to be just as unpredictable as Furi and with her walking around with that case I would watch my back. And since I'm not doing reviews on matches I'll just post this here. The ending to the main event has me intrigued as I'm wondering who could this be.

H20 part - Reading H20's part of the show just makes me hungry all this talk about grapes and stuff is just making me want food. But the talking about Tony's feet thing a little weird. But I get it when it comes to the context of the rp just a weird way to get to that subject. lol I'm looking forward to H20 vs Tony 1v1 as this match is already hitting at high notes hopefully they can keep it going until the ppv.

More to come

Harvey at this point is rather annoyed that Tony wants to bother Harvey. His interruptions, his one liners and his presence. Harvey has never bothered him during his title reign as CCW Championship so why is he bothering me? Is it cause I call it as I see it? Is it cause Kasstianity is bigger than The Uncrowned? Is it cause of something deeper than what he tells us? That’s something he needs to answer because Harvey doesn’t like to be annoyed or disrespected. So if he wants a seat in the front row and show the boys in the back how to bow and praise Kasstianity then I don’t mind making him an example before I continue my recruiting. (Just went into a mini shoot there, lol.)

As for Furiosa, her missions as OCW Womens Champion is to break the spirits of all of Heather’s friends or allies that has helped her throughout her career. Furiosa doesn’t think these group of friends ever helped Heather - only hinder her growth since the very start. Once Furiosa has completed her personal mission, she will focus on the future investor all while proving why Kasstianity is the greatest faction there is to date in OCW.

Great critiques Emp. Keep them coming!

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

It’s towards all of you. Stop using the R word just say taking a break!!! I just think putting up a big deal to return shorty after I bleh. I get things change but you don’t need to retire every time you leave. Rust did it perfectly my contacts up so I’m leaving it gives room for a potential return which we just saw. I just think things like that are better.

Main Event

This match was something. There was some odd things that happened but it’s a multi man it is what it is. Harri not bringing FI out even though she’s scared of Futi kinda bugged me as I think FI should always be on you. Also interested to see what happens if we get around Lution and Furi is still champion then what? I feel it’s a stinky situation but Harri is amazing so I’m sure she will make it work. Wasn’t a fan of this one had some good moments.

It's always interesting to read, personally, I never see Harri as scared of Furi (after all, Harri has a clean win over her and is declaring herself the true champion already), and navigating the FI in a situation like this is always tricky, if I had brought it out, it felt like it implies I'm gonna use it, Chekhov's Briefcase and all that, so I hoped it'd set a clear context that no, Harri is not gonna use it, and that sets the match in a certain light. I'll most likely start practicing what I preach and tell a slightly clearer version of Harri's story going forward so we all know the score. As for any eventualities, I've absolutely got that covered, no worries there.

The werdz on this show are aggressively chonky. The highlights for me were Owen and Doc on page 2, again, Owen's writing is really clear and getting a lot more character to it each time I see it. I really liked the John Carter callback, and Doc/Owen is just a great pairing, it'll be very interesting to see them build this story with what feels like a renewed energy and a new emotion to it. I feel that that is underrated in a lot of writing, having a continuation of a story but with a different thought behind it, rather than just a longer version of one thing.

A general story I'm really invested in right now is Quartz seemingly gathering people against Kasstianity, trying to stop them from gaining influence, rather than just win the pixels bruh, it's a nice little flavour for each title challenge to have, and a very interesting dynamic with two heel FI holders about. Everett and Quartz grabbed my attention because of this, and while, I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see more challengers manned by handlers without a world title history, the timing is perfect for Tony to fight H2O, post Ortiz and with the vs Kasstianity thing happening right now.

Scotty X promo, not a highlight, but he's a new guy around, so it's worthwhile to give feedback. I'd love to see more stage directions rather than just monologuing, what is he doing? What does the area he's in look like? When is he calm, when is he intense? Even the simplest promo can be spiced up and made more attractive with description, action, and proper presentation. Love to see the work put in though, just need to hone it and keep on improving.

I really enjoyed CG and Wrex, I like the selling that CG is doing in story, the match result and what happened in the match played into it, really great stuff. Maybe it gets a tiny bit sloppy in terms of presentation towards the end, some minor spacing and grammar issues, but that's nitpicking on a really nice written promo, good job, you guys have more up your sleeves and I'm looking forward to reading.

Jesus christ, the beat Drago meeting. I had to reread this so many times, it's so packed with insanity, but well worth it, you've got Overlord Mugen, Tony propped up on an iPad, it's just a spectacular mess of everything happening, and it's almost always done well in these segments.

• Mark Out! 6