TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know why you using so many exclamation marks or why you seem so upset of this. Just as much as you have the right to push your story in any way you want so does everyone else. Either they choose to use the word retire or not. Once again welcome to the world of wrestling. People retire and people return. Saying retiring isn’t a bad thing. Mark Henry gave a whole retirement speech just to fuck over the crowd. If you actually mean you are retiring good I get it’s overly used but at the same time so are backstage attacks and those still happen on almost every show. And just because you retire from in ring active does not mean you are retired from the business. Drago doesn’t do in ring and is still part of ocw I never said I was done with ocw. I said I’m done competing which I still stand by but if Jae reaches out to me because he has something he wants me to be apart of I’m gonna do it wither anyone else in ocw cares or not.

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

I dunno, I think retiring can easily lead to a boy-who-cried-wolf situation if it's not handled with care. If it's a fake-out retirement, you can really only go to that well once (unless you do a story where you're always retiring but no one will let you or something), and the word does carry more finality than others. Sometimes 'retire' is absolutely the word you need, but other times 'Guys, I need to go away for a while' can carry the same message with a more ominous tone, and there are so many variations to use. To build on John's point, Rust saying 'I'm gonna win the belt and then retire' would've carried a different meaning to 'I'm gonna win the belt and not renew my contract', so while I'm not necessarily against it, it's definitely something that is to be handled with care.

Of course, if you don't say 'I retire' on camera, you don't get access to the OCW Retirement Home, and I've heard there are good tacos there. So there's that.

I can understand that. About just retiring over and over and over. I’m not saying everyone show say they are retiring. I’m just saying it’s not the end all be all. Considering the amount of shit that happens in ocw. With car bombs going off and people getting hit with cars and so on. Someone saying I’m done with this shit. Just doesn’t make or break a character or a role play for me. But to each their own.

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

So many glorious words, it makes my cosmic nipples hard!
  • Mark Out! 1

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become Nate Ortiz" - Drago Cesar

"Let me make myself clear: you work for me. If I tell you to fight Blaine, you fight Blaine. Hell, if I tell you to fight a lion, you WILL fight a lion and still thank me afterwards for giving you a job." - Mr. Sensation

I dont know why you using so many exclamation marks or why you seem so upset of this. Just as much as you have the right to push your story in any way you want so does everyone else. Either they choose to use the word retire or not. Once again welcome to the world of wrestling. People retire and people return. Saying retiring isn’t a bad thing. Mark Henry gave a whole retirement speech just to fuck over the crowd. If you actually mean you are retiring good I get it’s overly used but at the same time so are backstage attacks and those still happen on almost every show. And just because you retire from in ring active does not mean you are retired from the business. Drago doesn’t do in ring and is still part of ocw I never said I was done with ocw. I said I’m done competing which I still stand by but if Jae reaches out to me because he has something he wants me to be apart of I’m gonna do it wither anyone else in ocw cares or not.

The only one who seems upset is you. I was just making a statement about retiring then coming back. You say you are done competing but youre about to come back for one more match.. I just think once you retire you should just retire. It was a general statement you arent the only culprit Aries who is a good friend of mine did the same thing and my reaction was the same. It is funny though coming from the person who pushes reviews you don�t care what anyone thinks. So why even review show if thats the attitude people get?

The only one who seems upset is you. I was just making a statement about retiring then coming back. You say you are done competing but youre about to come back for one more match.. I just think once you retire you should just retire. It was a general statement you arent the only culprit Aries who is a good friend of mine did the same thing and my reaction was the same. It is funny though coming from the person who pushes reviews you don�t care what anyone thinks. So why even review show if thats the attitude people get?

Why is everyone so desperate to label someone else mad?

Also John, you're underselling your argument a bit. I think the point here is that "retiring" and then coming back later takes the "oomph" or impact out of other retirements, that's why you'd rather see "retire" be committed to so it holds the weight it's supposed to hold.

At any rate, I see the other side in that saying retirement then coming back has more oomph than just saying "bye for now" then coming back. Plus just like in real life, people "retire" with every intention to stay retired and then something happens down the line that allows them to return. You could argue to just use a different word, but who cares?

Reviews and critiques are not only about telling people what sucks and what they need to change, so minimizing feedback because one person is going to do something anyways is not a valid comparison.

Speaking of which, since we were talking about what videos should be RPs, I really think the Empress arrival and announcement was an RP that I would have loved to see as a video. The pop for the show to begin with that banger babymetal theme into a crazy announcement that we might get Valk vs Empress on PPV would have been a very valid reason. That said, it did allow Empress to elaborate a bit more on her intent.

Many others are also talking about the fire from OWEN in that OWEN/DOC promo and man oh man I loved it. I thought these two would be done post cide but this battle for respect is ramping up and this RP got me very hyped up.

Colin mentioned the BDC promo which I think I appreciate so deeply because I get many of the references, but if you don't understand, just keep reading because this chaos was awesome.

I was a little sad to have a show devoid of much Marisa content, especially after the RIOT betrayal, but the anticipation builds for when we do get something big.

Aries/Chance also an underrated hit that provided still continuity on GOAT Academy and kept things relevant while still providing backstory.

Shout out to everyone for all the development on this show! RSR awaits!

• Mark Out! 4

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

"C-N: Nor are we some trashy Jerry Springer rejects. No no no."

I love the inspiration.

• Mark Out! 2

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Everyone here is a filthy, dirty, grimy, uncleanly MARK!!! :mad:

MARKS! All of you. Step back, think before you type. Maybe don't throw cheap shots at each other, just maybe! (I know - that's hard.) :mad:

Why can't we all be friends?!?!? :mad:

Anyway. I enjoyed the large majority of the show and I appreciate the feedback that has been sent my way in regards to my match with Hanzo, seeing as it garnered mixed reviews. Not usually like that but I hope to keep all of that in mind for my future bouts as my biggest priority here is to put on watchable matches and somewhat serviceable stories. So, thanks everyone.

On the discussion about "retirements", I think it's something to be judged on a case by case basis. If I were to retire tomorrow and then come back three weeks from now, I'd be laughed out of the building, for example. If someone far more important or legendary does it, it still has some impact. Besides: Regardless of the impact, we're all here to tell OUR stories, how WE want them. If you don't like someone coming back soon or retiring or whatever, that's fine. No reason to come out here and toss little digs at it though, it's not your story to tell. There's a line between feedback and bashing, it's important to avoid crossing it. Assumptions and bashing make an ass out of you and I, and does nobody anything good. :p

This is a tangent with no real point anymore and I could very well be misinterpreting some things, but this is my "hot take" of the year. Thanks for reading.

tl;dr

Be kind. Be humble. Move forward. Do good. Be better. :o

• Mark Out! 5
Chris Greene | Shianne Lovelace | Harper LeRoux | Hifumi Mayoshi

Thank you for your input. I'll pass this feedback on to my customer support team.

• Mark Out! 1

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png