spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

At any rate, I see the other side in that saying retirement then coming back has more oomph than just saying "bye for now" then coming back. Plus just like in real life, people "retire" with every intention to stay retired and then something happens down the line that allows them to return. You could argue to just use a different word, but who cares?

Reviews and critiques are not only about telling people what sucks and what they need to change, so minimizing feedback because one person is going to do something anyways is not a valid comparison.

Speaking of which, since we were talking about what videos should be RPs, I really think the Empress arrival and announcement was an RP that I would have loved to see as a video. The pop for the show to begin with that banger babymetal theme into a crazy announcement that we might get Valk vs Empress on PPV would have been a very valid reason. That said, it did allow Empress to elaborate a bit more on her intent.

exactly my point. The wording shouldn't matter. I can see the point behind using retired and not using retired. But at the same time like you said I had no intentions of coming back and being active and I still don't plan to be active. But if the owner of the company calls me and says hey I want you in a match. Why would I turn that down retired or not. Stuff happens. Wrex has retired about 20 times no one cares and is always happy to see Wrex back.

But that's enough of that. This subject has been going on far too long. Watch my content or don't watch my content It's going up no matter what.

speaking of. I completely agree as I would have done a video for it. But, I didn't really have time to put it together the way I would have liked and I have so many things in the works right now just due to the lack of time I had a written RP just happened to work out the best. But thanks for the feedback.

• Mark Out! 2

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so desperate to label someone else mad?

Also John, you're underselling your argument a bit. I think the point here is that "retiring" and then coming back later takes the "oomph" or impact out of other retirements, that's why you'd rather see "retire" be committed to so it holds the weight it's supposed to hold.

At any rate, I see the other side in that saying retirement then coming back has more oomph than just saying "bye for now" then coming back. Plus just like in real life, people "retire" with every intention to stay retired and then something happens down the line that allows them to return. You could argue to just use a different word, but who cares?

Reviews and critiques are not only about telling people what sucks and what they need to change, so minimizing feedback because one person is going to do something anyways is not a valid comparison.

Speaking of which, since we were talking about what videos should be RPs, I really think the Empress arrival and announcement was an RP that I would have loved to see as a video. The pop for the show to begin with that banger babymetal theme into a crazy announcement that we might get Valk vs Empress on PPV would have been a very valid reason. That said, it did allow Empress to elaborate a bit more on her intent.

Many others are also talking about the fire from OWEN in that OWEN/DOC promo and man oh man I loved it. I thought these two would be done post cide but this battle for respect is ramping up and this RP got me very hyped up.

Colin mentioned the BDC promo which I think I appreciate so deeply because I get many of the references, but if you don't understand, just keep reading because this chaos was awesome.

I was a little sad to have a show devoid of much Marisa content, especially after the RIOT betrayal, but the anticipation builds for when we do get something big.

Aries/Chance also an underrated hit that provided still continuity on GOAT Academy and kept things relevant while still providing backstory.

Shout out to everyone for all the development on this show! RSR awaits!

I just don’t understand if she was gonna return if Jay asked why even use the word retire then?

I just don’t understand if she was gonna return if Jay asked why even use the word retire then?

439.gif

• Mark Out! 4

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Quick thoughts off the dome.

-Really liked the Owen rp, writing is A+.

-I agree with Jake about the emp rp, video would have made an impact. IMO seemed rushed. Would’ve been good to know why exactly why these two have beef and are fighting at ppv to make sense of it. To my memory last time we saw them they were teaming together. Anyhow glad to know Valk is coming back even if it’s just for one match.

-Loved the Hito-gui rp and it’s descriptiveness. I could really paint the picture in my head. It’s something way different from the cliche wrestling angles. Risqué, which I love. I’m entertained.

-I love heel Karmine. The look pops me.

-Poor JC

-Looking forward to the Chance and Barrett feud. It’s something new with fresh faces.

-The Wrex and Samsin dynamic is entertaining. He is one abusive mofo. Hope Samsin eventually gives him what he has coming to him.

-Excited to see where the internal conflict between Heather & Furiosa goes. Hope Heather wins.

That’s all I can think of now. Shout out to everyone putting in work and making these shows great. Much love. ✌��

• Mark Out! 5

At the end of the day, some of us are getting a little overzealous about the word 'retire'. I have my opinions on the matter, moreso that they align with John (they have since Ric Flair 'retired'), but that's my opinion. You're not stupid or crazy or anything if you disagree. I don't think it really takes away from EMP being back- we're so used to this wrestling trope that I think the complaints are less about the act itself and more a performative condemnation. IDK, just my eyeballs.

TLDR I agree with the person who said Rust did it right. Emp coming back was still a nice surprise and I hope she gets something good out of her return.

Christian Garcia:

1x North American Champion

Jasmin Kaffee:

1x World Women's Champion

Quick thoughts off the dome.

-Really liked the Owen rp, writing is A+.

-I agree with Jake about the emp rp, video would have made an impact. IMO seemed rushed. Would’ve been good to know why exactly why these two have beef and are fighting at ppv to make sense of it. To my memory last time we saw them they were teaming together. Anyhow glad to know Valk is coming back even if it’s just for one match.

-Loved the Hito-gui rp and it’s descriptiveness. I could really paint the picture in my head. It’s something way different from the cliche wrestling angles. Risqué, which I love. I’m entertained.

-I love heel Karmine. The look pops me.

-Poor JC

-Looking forward to the Chance and Barrett feud. It’s something new with fresh faces.

-The Wrex and Samsin dynamic is entertaining. He is one abusive mofo. Hope Samsin eventually gives him what he has coming to him.

-Excited to see where the internal conflict between Heather & Furiosa goes. Hope Heather wins.

That’s all I can think of now. Shout out to everyone putting in work and making these shows great. Much love. ✌��

Thank you for the input. I will admit it was a little rushed as I had to type it up on the due date. But I even said it myself that looking back at it I could have fixed it up better. But what is done is done as I would have loved to add more details explaining the history but as much as I agree that a video would probably have worked better. If that video would have been longer then I would have hoped to try and explain all the history between Valk and myself. But I will keep that in mind going forward.

I really enjoyed the Owen / Doc rp thought it was very well put together. Probably my favorite Rp if it wasn't for Wrex /Simsin Rp. I have just loved these two together. Something about Wrex's aggressive love makes this a great story. Like what will be the breaking point for Simsin.

As much as the like the main event my favorite match was probably Mina vs. Sue plex. It was a nice come back match. Where I thought sue plex had this in the bag but was proven wrong. Very good match.

• Mark Out! 3

OCW_emp_profileV2sig.png