TURMOIL 312 LIVE ON TWITCH - 7:05 PM EST ISH

The countdown has finished! WE ARE LIVE PAL - TWITCH.TV/OCWFED

Riot 591: Unfinished Business

Mr.Sensation

The Marcus and Jasmin video was interesting as on one hand I really enjoyed the random pop up dude and what that is potentially leading to, also the fact that we see a much more human side of things with Marcus. He didn't hate everyone in GOAT Academy, he is always used to bearing the weight of all the stuff most of the time. One thing I wasn't fond of however was the length of the video, idk if maybe the text went a bit too slow for my speed? But if it was trimmed up here and there and potentially some different dialogue breakups instead of the "oh where's the wine!" Would've helped it out a bunch.

Jasmin is beginning to really show how fluid the world of OCW really is. I love the constant interaction between her and every character really it seems within the women's division. I wish she wasn't in TWC tbh as it doesn't feel like it fits her, what I do like about the pairing lately with her and Marcus is perhaps we can have Jasmin bring Marcus into the good light hehe. We've seen mentions of it where she tells Marcus that he doesn't need to talk any shit to Harris cause the man has defeated him already, it's these small touches that really separate characters and show the more human side of things. I hope this TWC stint with Jasmin is short-lived cause fuck TWC, fuck John Carter, and especially fuck John Carter again.

#FreeTre

Nobody has figured out that Marcus adopted dad has passed away. His previous promos he’s been talking to his dad all the time…aka a GHOST! All he had was him so all he has is his memories and what his adopted dad would say in certain situations.

• Mark Out! 1

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Nobody has figured out that Marcus adopted dad has passed away. His previous promos he’s been talking to his dad all the time…aka a GHOST! All he had was him so all he has is his memories and what his adopted dad would say in certain situations.

This feels like a CodeJackman Ghostbusters cameo in the making.

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

I've got thoughts. They're multiplyin'

Random thoughts from what I think was a great show, quality upticks continue week by week.

We all saw and heard about the videos, I won't comment further except to say:

- Valkyrie's reintroduction was perfectly done. Huge pop

- So many great matches, but I loved the triple threat, tag match, and main event a lot.

- Really enjoyed Jasmin's journey through character development land with Marcus & Ashley.

- VP leaning into the super scummy gambling debauchery and one-upping, shit talking, etc has added so much interesting nonsense entertainment to VPs lol

--

Now then:

- There's a lot of seriousness and conflicted feelings in Samsin's journey to impress his mentor. While on it's face it seems like a one sided abusive relationship, I like Samsin's explanation to OWEN that he was the only one willing to take him in when he needed a place. Parallels drawn between that and Jasmin's situation, especially because it's very uncertain whether Wrex really wants to help and is just too guarded to show it externally or he really is just a fat cunt who wants to bully people since he isn't wrestling.

- Scotty X, the premise around your promo is great. Providing backstory to the fight, insulting your opponent, putting yourself in the spotlight. All good stuff, but please stop capitalizing the first letter of every word and give it a little grammar check before submitting. It's easy enough to pick up what you're putting down, but it's not an easy read as is. I actually used to do the capitalization thing back in the day, it's a hard habit to break, but trust me, your audience's eyes will thank you for not doing it.

- Verde's promo: I really enjoy the use of the narration in the morrison method here. I actually just recently had a convo with someone who prefers this style of narration where the narration has a personal tone and almost conveys the characters thoughts rather than unbiased "matter-of-fact" narration that I use.

Anyways, stupid rant aside, the interaction here was surprising. I do like that he explained calling Kass "Hayes" was an intentional choice to keep them as far away from each other mentally as possible. Hearing Kass called "Hayes" is super weird, so having justification for it is good. The premise of Kassidy actively trying to warp more minds is fun, because usually you see the grunts do this moreso than the head honcho. The fact Kass was after Verde bodes either very bad or very good for him. A bit long, but I didn't mind. Didn't lose my interest at all. Liked the tie in with Deaver at the end lol

Just a note to Verde - You don't need "" around your dialogue. The beauty of the Morrison Method means that any unbolded text that comes after your name is always dialogue. This may seem like whatever, but if you get rid of the quotation marks around dialogue, it means you can use it within the dialogue itself to make a character speak sarcastically or quote someone else in character. Example

--

Yake: Then Sensation told me I sounded like a "mush mouthed, slack jawed fuck", whatever that means.

--

- So loved the pops for Johnny in VP. Good set up from Kareem.

- lmao OWEN the African Dream is a thing because of a lost poker bet.

- Hito vs Blacksmith is awesome. TLB is so good at picking great feud partners.

- I like to think when Colin surprisingly appears in an RP with someone, he gets the Sienfeld Kramer pop. The *mooon* joke was perfect, fuck Trance and Reese. Speaking of the two of them, I'm always impressed with how aesthetically different Jamie is able to write in his characters. I never feel like there's any mental overlap when I read them. Jordan Trance being a meek, somewhat naive son of a murdering kidnapper is great.

- DOC answering OWEN's fire by turning into evil young Paul Pugh was alarming to me. DOC isn't necessarily a brooding quiet beast, but this outburst after OWEN's "serious" monologue last week towards DOC felt real. Like this guy just tried to tell you how much of an ass kicker he was and now here he is playing dress up. You can feel why DOC would have this rage. OWEN got in a response whilst tossing his Hakeem garb, but this was definitely a DOC moment of shine (and the F word)

- If we follow Roy Brown's timeline and safely assume he graduated normally from Oklahoma College of Law in '86, that would make this behemoth of a man 57 years young. What I do like about this wrinkle is that his style doesn't make this necessarily unreasonable. He doesn't need to do anything a 25 year old would do, much less make it through a grueling 30 minute match because he's a murderous giant judge and executioner.

At any rate, this was a very strong part of the show. Might be my favorite RP of the night. After his visual return and the spooky vibes, getting a sit down reminder that behind the production, this is just a very intelligent man who has control and anger issues that caused him to lose his spot on the bench in the first place. The HYPERLINK to a 2019 promo that introduced him was fucking MINT. That's such a good idea and one I may very well steal.

Showing the humanity through the craziness you see on TV was awesome. He's taking the ridiculousness of pro wrestling and using it to his advantage "It's so easy, you know. Robes and glasses? Ah, who cares. Stick a mask on, throw together some jumpsuit thing, and they're afraid of me now. I like it. I like it a lot. Because now, I get to play my game. I'm making the rules."

:chefskiss:

- AT3 becomes the 2nd team to mention becoming tag champions on the show so far. A small thing, considering both this one and the Believers one came in RPs that really didn't have much to do with SANCTUM, but it's a reminder that tag teams still crave the highest prize in the sport and even when it's not in the spotlight, showing that your characters still care about the gold is a nice little touch.

- KC's reaction to his loss was a huge reason I love OCW. The ability to react and roll with the punches is such a major trait everyone needs to have to survive here. KC turning his loss into an "equalization" thing works both in-character and meta AF.

Meta: You'd believe as a smart mark that the hot new debuting wrestler is gonna win his first feud. Now with a loss in his first match, both he and his feuding partner are on equal footing. An example of how something seemingly "against the grain" in wrestlings "blueprint" can be very effective with the right explanation.

IC: Obviously we aren't supposed to believe KC lost this match on purpose to play mindgames, but the chain smoking fuck THINKS he's cooler than the other side of the pillow, so him using that as a cheap excuse works just fine for me.

- More tomfoolery with Jordan Trance. I'm here for it. I'm a big hug guy.

- The speed in which Hanzo has taken to OCW bodes well. When rookies can come in and find feuds right away with quality opponents and give us good TV stuff, it should be lauded. I know you're a pretend person and once I find out who you are, I will bring you to justice.

Until then, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the match with Gonzalo, whenever that may be.

- More time traveling weirdos observing OCW now. This will never come up again, I bet

- The CG interview covered so much ground. Garcia gets into a lot of different places in OCW, so these reviews are a nice refresher. I am especially interested in the relationship with Jasmin and how that's apparently not a topic of discussion and the Wrex thing. Wrex changing his name back, the aforementioned conflict he's having with Samsin and whether he really wants to be nice or not, that plays a part here too. It's too easy for Samsin to break away, there's going to be more pieces at play here and since they could go any direction reasonably, I'm watching closely.

Also CG, we'll be in touch regarding which member of Kasstianity I need elbowed in the mouth.

- OH MAH GAWD. Red Sun Rising continues to get more and more awesome. With Mugen's open challenge, Drago's return against Rust, and now I get an Uncrowned tag team match?? With Invictus none the less?! Very much enjoyed Aries rationale here, as well.

As a side note, whenever two massive events like this are scheduled so close together, what with RSR and then DCTNY just 3 weeks later, it's always so impressive to see how well most of the roster handles their intertwined stories. This is a unique situation and to see everyone able to continue their existing feuds heading into DCTNY while also paying respect to stories and opponents set for RSR - just magnificent continuity and realistic reactions. Hats off to everyone who's managed to pull this off effectively.

(Note to Jay: Glorified House Show your ass!)

- And there it is. Valkyrie vs Empress!! The sad realness of Valkyrie's opening exposition is not lost on me, I will continue to hold out hope that she returns full time, but I know Valk is super busy dealing with AEW marks invading her home in the universe where those things exist.

Anyways, that "piece of metal" was absolutely a cookie sheet and there's no way you can convince me otherwise. She can have that AND the shovel!

Empress has always been an angry, vulgar, volatile shit, face or heel. This all checks out to me, as the only people who ever made her a "face" were the people cheering as she was executing the exact kind of heinous shit she's doing in this promo. The biggest difference is that it's good ole' white meat Valkyrie getting punished. Either way, I am not alone super juiced for this match. I have absolutely no god damn clue how a Buried Alive Match is going to be pulled off... but two of the most technically creative and artistic people are in it, so I don't think we need to worry at all.

Finally, bring it on Nate. See you for the press conference next week, old man.

• Mark Out! 9

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png