+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Sun Rising

Getting too old for this $### Administrator Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 10,939 Times in 2,661 Posts

Red Sun Rising

Mood: Elated
    15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree
    make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got
    Our Hero:uploadafraud.com
    Jookie:fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda"

OCW works best when itís a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. Itís at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their palsí content." - Paul Pugh

2. The Following 11 Users Marked the hell out to Mr.Sensation For This Awesome Post:

Ashley Moore (10-03-2022), Chris Greene (10-02-2022), Christian Garcia (10-02-2022), Drago Cesar (10-02-2022), El Parca (10-02-2022), EMP (10-09-2022), Hard2Obtain (10-02-2022), Kassidy Hayes (10-02-2022), Patolomai (10-02-2022), Pugh (10-03-2022), Samsin Simsin (10-03-2022)

#kidego Production Team
    Wrestler
    Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 3,516 Times in 1,482 Posts
    I don’t know the buttons, I only found out about breaking combos by accident and I’d like to apologise for not beating him.

No.

4. The Following 3 Users Marked the hell out to Pugh For This Awesome Post:

Christian Garcia (10-04-2022), Drago Cesar (10-03-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-03-2022)

#kidego Production Team
    Wrestler
    Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Only Dimsmore could make Spider look like prime Parker Stevens. Can we do a gofundme to buy warren a Y button?

No.

6. The Following 2 Users Marked the hell out to Pugh For This Awesome Post:

Kassidy Hayes (10-03-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-03-2022)

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 243 Times in 65 Posts
    Ortiz and Quartz was a prime example of the best OCW has to offer. There's history. There's high-quality content all around, from the pre-match hype to the bell. Japanese announcer introductions is such a beautiful nuance that I wouldn't have even thought of in this situation, but they did. And then the match. It was close, plenty of big moments. Sometimes "comp is comp" can put high-value builds in a weird position where one is clearly better than the other, but this was a competitive match between two skilled people. 5 stars all around, in my opinion what should have been the main event.

Perhaps light could be shed on this, but why the cinematic kickout in Emp vs. Valk? The pinfall could have put a definitive cap on the "comp is comp" portion, and launched into the cinematics of the Buried Alive match which were very high-quality. Instead it seemed to be blurred lines.
    Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine
    1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine
    2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

8. The Following User Marked Out to theSolomonCaine For This Amazing Post:

Mr.Sensation (10-03-2022)

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 302 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theSolomonCaine View Post
    Perhaps light could be shed on this, but why the cinematic kickout in Emp vs. Valk? The pinfall could have put a definitive cap on the "comp is comp" portion, and launched into the cinematics of the Buried Alive match which were very high-quality. Instead it seemed to be blurred lines.
    I've been thinking about this since the podcast, and I think they did the kickout because the match can only be ended with the opponent being buried alive. Generally, I imagine this was tricky to do, because with the setup they had, they couldn't have done a flavour burial attempt, so the rules being, in a meta sense, two finishers and then someone is buried alive would have potentially been a bit weird to watch. Equally, a pre-match explanation that it'd be a ceremonial burial after one person was crowned the winner via pinfall might've been even stranger. The only thing I can think of is if the burial portion was an official unofficial addition, 'I'm gonna win the match, and then I'm going to bury you alive', but I'm not sure, even still. For me, it's something I could just accept within the OCW rules, to me it feels weirder for me to try and poke logical holes in it when, as viewers, we all sort of understand the difficulties of doing homebrew rules matches with cinematic portions.

Billy Bad Ass Wrestler theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine is a jewel in the rough theSolomonCaine's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 243 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Locke View Post
    I've been thinking about this since the podcast, and I think they did the kickout because the match can only be ended with the opponent being buried alive. Generally, I imagine this was tricky to do, because with the setup they had, they couldn't have done a flavour burial attempt, so the rules being, in a meta sense, two finishers and then someone is buried alive would have potentially been a bit weird to watch. Equally, a pre-match explanation that it'd be a ceremonial burial after one person was crowned the winner via pinfall might've been even stranger. The only thing I can think of is if the burial portion was an official unofficial addition, 'I'm gonna win the match, and then I'm going to bury you alive', but I'm not sure, even still. For me, it's something I could just accept within the OCW rules, to me it feels weirder for me to try and poke logical holes in it when, as viewers, we all sort of understand the difficulties of doing homebrew rules matches with cinematic portions.
    It could have been required to pin your opponent first before you can bury them, which would've been adequate cover for pinfalls (without cover, why were they pinning?) and not too ridiculous in my opinion. But without getting into the weeds too much, I understand your point.
    Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine
    1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine
    2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

#kidego Production Team
    Wrestler
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    My main take away from this show is that nearly everyone involved in *matches* would comfortably slip into any era of OCW and not look out of place. I consider that mighty praise. I also consider it mighty praise that I watched every one of the matches, and I don’t really have anything bad to say about them. I will post the good stuff, I just haven’t formulated it properly yet.

Oh and fuck Kasstianity

No.

12. The Following 4 Users Marked the hell out to Pugh For This Awesome Post:

Drago Cesar (10-04-2022), Nate Ortiz (10-09-2022), Quartz (10-10-2022), RustCohle (10-05-2022)

Cer Ti Fied Kasshole V.I.P Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes has much to be proud of Kassidy Hayes's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 1,172 Times in 586 Posts
    rude

#kidego Production Team
    Wrestler
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassidy Hayes View Post
    rude
    Your klan stinks and I don’t like it. Now where’s page 2. I got a lot of problems with you people and now you’re gonna hear about them

No.

Bling Bling Poster Wrestler Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain's Avatar
    Cash ($)
    Markout
    Fans Marked 745 Times in 369 Posts
    Oh boy
    I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

Thread Information