+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Billy Bad Ass Wrestler Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    261
    Cash ($)
    5,049.27
    Markout
    115
    Fans Marked 302 Times in 59 Posts
    As I said last night, there's the implication that the crowd are watching a black screen reading the words. This can't be sidestepped, either you're using OCW as a format to do things (which can be done well), or you're sticking religiously to 'this is a wrestling show where every implication and part of that should be taken seriously', again, can be done well. This, if we are to believe this doesn't have shoot elements (which, I don't, because it does), seems to try and randomly jump between those two philosophies, and it's jarring.

    Straight up, it isn't a good look that someone vocally against the sit rep, believing it didn't apply to them is on the team that agreed this video was a good idea, along with someone who's expressed vocal frustration about how OCW seems to play fast and loose with whether or not wins and losses matter. For all their faults and teething issues, TWC are a team I love to hate, they've done great stuff, and not consulting them in a video like this was a mistake. I don't even hate the idea in its most abstract form, it makes sense that we should hate the smarmy 'ah yes we do real wrestling' team when OCW is a place where the most entertaining stuff often has nothing to do with wrestling. However, I don't have faith in the craft of this apparent storyline when a key part of the storyline have not been consulted.

    The reason why this is being read as a discord beef is because this promo is exactly what we've seen over discord for the longest time. TWC vs Sanctum could have had some cheeky winks to the camera, but this, the phrase 'Aisu later joined TWC lol' says it all, it's the same verbiage we've seen on discord. It's baffling to me that people are so shocked that a long, visually uninteresting video that plainly lays out exactly why Sanctum are not 'ducking TWC' is being received badly, when we've seen these words over a similarly black screen in show discussion, say that 'Sanctum isn't ducking TWC, TWC just keep fumbling the bag'. Everyone makes mistakes, not everything can be a gem, and it's a shame that there's seemingly not even an 'alright, yeah, this may have been a bad call, but we're brewing up something', and just an arrogant, outright 'no you don't get it let it play out'. Tiring, honestly.

    ---

    Scotty vs Samsin was really solid, felt bad that we were all memeing on it before the bell rang, but they did a very solid job. For me, MOTN was the main event, my heart was in my mouth at times, I did think the taunt was gonna end the match, but yeah, really solid playing from both guys involved, makes me proud to be a semi-established player in the women's division, and that's kind of the best feeling for me to have as a handler, watching a title fight.

    I'm also really enjoying Ry's spooky shit, I did hope Noimara was a bit spookier, but the flavour's there in her moveset and playing, so I reckon that something great it coming here. Maybe not full Bray Wyatt spoops, but perhaps this opens the door for a more fleshed out character that has this horror as an aesthetic, as a hook, rather than it being their whole deal, I like it. More positive werdz incoming hopefully.

  2. The Following 10 Users Marked the hell out to Colin Locke For This Awesome Post:

    Chris Greene (10-15-2022), Drago Cesar (10-15-2022), Hard2Obtain (10-15-2022), Kassidy Hayes (10-15-2022), Maxx Edwards (10-15-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-15-2022), Nate Ortiz (10-15-2022), Pugh (10-15-2022), Quartz (10-15-2022), RustCohle (10-15-2022)

  3. #12
    Moderator Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz has a brilliant future Quartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,266
    Cash ($)
    21,964.17
    Markout
    1,665
    Fans Marked 1,587 Times in 348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Locke View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes, not everything can be a gem, and it's a shame that there's seemingly not even an 'alright, yeah, this may have been a bad call, but we're brewing up something', and just an arrogant, outright 'no you don't get it let it play out'. Tiring, honestly.
    I intend to do a more full review of this show once the childish nonsense dies down, and trust me - by OCW standards - it was a pretty rotten show. It was probably the worst TV show we've put on in 2022/Season 17 and I don't feel like that's a stretch. The RIOT I missed during my week off I didn't love either, but I chocked a lot of that up to being absent from the live experience and just being generally in an exhausted state of mind from work/life. I'm sad to see that it's continuing to go further south after all we've done at Lution/Cide/RSR/Season 17 in general.

    So much of what OCW has been able to pull together in the awkward transition between 19 and 22 has been admirable, to me. Of course, it all comes with people popping off about stupid shit they do not understand or creating fake issues about FPR or ethics or this or that, but at the end of the day, I still think the fact we were able to take what 2K gave us and make some great, silly, fun pro wrestling magic out of it *overall* is admirable.

    Pugh, back to back at this point, has perfectly relayed feelings I've tried to put in words for a long time. I told Jay the same when I ranted at him after we did commentary for this show's main event. In the Sit-Rep forum post and now here. OCW is supposed to be a platform where we can all come together and create amazing content for EVERYONE to enjoy while also scratching the itch to play the game and have some kind of control over what we see. It's collaboration.

    I'm not going to hit Pugh's points line by line. If you read what he's saying and scoff at it, you're here for you and you're here for the wrong reasons.

    The realness of Colin's quote here is the most sad, disappointing thing for me here. Taking something that is almost universally seen as a shitty idea or something that goes so far in the other direction of what OCW is supposed to be about and reacting as if you're some kind of king shit or that "lul lul I got people talking that means I win" is the shittiest reaction I've seen in a long time. I am not even really going to harp on the video itself, because I moved on the second I saw it and went "well that was stupid". But it's the general attitude towards the community and the reaction to the response that just flat out disappoints me.

    If you're ever in a chat room/discord shouting match with Jay and you even think to try and pull the "I CANT BELIEVE THIS AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE" card on him, you have gone so far off the deep end that you need to take some personal inventory. Nobody, EVER can stand against Jay's patience, his thoughtfulness, and his work. He's put his own fucking wallet into this place for YEARS before any of us were potty trained. He has continually spent his very limited free time building his skills and making our production better and better despite all the bullshit we have to deal with inbetween shows. If ANYONE thinks they have some kind of edge on him of all people because they've submitted a few promos, they can fuck right off. There is no comparison. He's got his faults (as we all do) and in the environment he's created, we're all able to make mistakes and have a discussion about it, but I am far dumber than I was yesterday after reading the bullshit "show discussion" that was in Discord this morning.

    All in all, I'm just a bit sad about the whole thing. My immediate thought was "this is why I dont come to Discord as much anymore" and that also makes me sad because I love OCW and many of the people in it, of whom I've become very good friends with over the last 5 years.

    Enough sadness, though. Time heals all wounds though (except these crazy eyes) and I know we will rally and move on with our lives and OCW will live on, because it's bigger than all of us and it's the best place in existence that does what it is it does.

    President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

  4. The Following 10 Users Marked the hell out to Quartz For This Awesome Post:

    Chris Greene (10-15-2022), Christian Garcia (10-15-2022), Colin Locke (10-15-2022), Drago Cesar (10-15-2022), Kassidy Hayes (10-15-2022), Maxx Edwards (10-15-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-15-2022), Nate Ortiz (10-15-2022), Pugh (10-15-2022), RustCohle (10-15-2022)

  5. #13
    #kidego Production Team
    Wrestler
    Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh has a reputation beyond repute Pugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,389
    Cash ($)
    45,646.86
    Markout
    756
    Fans Marked 3,516 Times in 1,482 Posts
    “All I’ve done for OCW” is fucking laughable when these people have barely been here for a cup of coffee. Bringing shit into disrepute because they wanna get one over on the meanies on discord.

    You all should be making grovelling apologies to jay if you were/are involved in this shit, period.

    No.

  6. The Following 5 Users Marked the hell out to Pugh For This Awesome Post:

    Chris Greene (10-15-2022), Christian Garcia (10-15-2022), Colin Locke (10-15-2022), Drago Cesar (10-15-2022), RustCohle (10-16-2022)

  7. #14
    Bling Bling Poster V.I.P
    Wrestler
    Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries has much to be proud of Aries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    1,605
    Cash ($)
    16,261.76
    Markout
    528
    Fans Marked 1,183 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugh View Post
    Now, I'll preface this by saying that I've done petty shit myself in OCW - namely WL8 where me and Parker wrote a promo shooting on people, not based in kayfabe. That was dumb. That was something that I regret to this day. That was something I am sorry to Trance and Aries for.


    Oh go on, you. You know you can call me Louis 😘

  8. #15
    Newb Rookie Chris Greene will become famous soon enough Chris Greene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    62
    Cash ($)
    1,003.13
    Markout
    145
    Fans Marked 79 Times in 25 Posts
    Stepping in to review the matches I caught while in VP after I got home from work.

    Noimara vs. Val Vitriol - A solid match, at least for what I caught of it (I had gotten home right in the middle of this one so missed some of it). Noimara picking up a W in a pretty solid bout, giving more credibility to OCW's newest spooky spookster.

    Hanzo Yamashida vs. Jordan Trance - This match was iffy for me. I'm not a huge fan of Hanzo's moveset, having watched and been on the opposing side of it, but comp is comp and he certainly brings that aspect to the table on top of his character work. Certainly not my favorite match on the night, but nothing too horrible either. We've seen worse, and I'd like to see Hanzo keep moving forward with this momentum either way, he's building a strong resume in-character, and that's great.

    Scotty X vs. Samsin Simsin - Okay so we all meme'd the hell out of this in VP before it started and then... it was a gosh darn BANGER? Great stuff from the both of them, and certainly an unexpected, pleasant surprise. The ending sequence was great, and Scotty picking up ANOTHER win is also great - and very interested in seeing where Samsin is heading given that his relationship with his "mentor" (bully) is so strained.

    The Last Blacksmith vs. The Wrestling Club - Started off solidly but then quickly derailed for me. I don't know what to really say as a handicap match is always gonna be tricky for all involved. Felt dragged out longer than it should've been, especially given the caliber of the participants, but everyone has off nights.

    Chris Greene vs. Joe Deaver - I'm not gonna mark out for my own shit, you marks.

    Elliot Parker vs. Harris Turner - I didn't know what to expect heading into this, but it was a sleeper hit for me. Well done by both guys, and Parker gaining more competitive momentum as he continues to mess with El Parca is great and I'm really happy to see it.

    Holly Hunter vs. Furiosa - If there was a match to steal the show, it was this one. I actually forgot this was booked when I strapped in to watch the show, and boy howdy do I feel dumb. Banger, this was. I genuinely thought we were going to have a title change on TURMOIL and that had me on the edge of my seat. A few hiccups for sure, but again we all have those every now and then and besides that it was match of the night in my honest, rooky opinion.

    That's all, folks. Have a good afternoon

    -Chey

  9. The Following 5 Users Marked the hell out to Chris Greene For This Awesome Post:

    Christian Garcia (10-15-2022), Drago Cesar (10-15-2022), Kassidy Hayes (10-15-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-15-2022), Samsin Simsin (10-16-2022)

  10. #16
    Decent Member Wrestler TLBS Matteo has a spectacular aura about TLBS Matteo has a spectacular aura about TLBS Matteo has a spectacular aura about
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    198
    Cash ($)
    3,427.02
    Markout
    233
    Fans Marked 195 Times in 58 Posts
    FUCK YOU EMP! FUCK YOU CARTER! FUCK YOU AISU! FUCK YOU WRESTLING CLUB!.


    Ok now, jokes aside.


    First of all, it will be trivial, but I wanted to say that it was nice to be back to do a match on the weekly shows 1 year later I think.

    I am aware of the fact that visually the match was not very enjoyable, but I think that is easily to understand that is obviously my fault as I do highly suck on this game, no doubt about it.

    When I was offered to make this handicap match, I accepted with the idea of ​​getting back into the game and trying to get back into the rhythm step by step, even though I was aware that it would be hard, very hard.

    I also add that working with pierre and carter is always a pleasure, and I hope to be able to do it again in the future, perhaps having regained the shape a little.

    They massacred me, as it should be. And honestly this gives me the push to start over, a bit like I already did in 2018 when I approached a game whose dynamics I hardly knew at all.

    Thanks also to Emp for being available for the RP we did last week.

  11. The Following 4 Users Marked the hell out to TLBS Matteo For This Awesome Post:

    Chris Greene (10-15-2022), Drago Cesar (10-15-2022), Mr.Sensation (10-15-2022), RustCohle (10-16-2022)

  12. #17
    Bling Bling Poster Wrestler Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain is a splendid one to behold Hard2Obtain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,135
    Cash ($)
    16,989.18
    Markout
    2,636
    Fans Marked 745 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Locke View Post
    As I said last night, there's the implication that the crowd are watching a black screen reading the words. This can't be sidestepped, either you're using OCW as a format to do things (which can be done well), or you're sticking religiously to 'this is a wrestling show where every implication and part of that should be taken seriously', again, can be done well. This, if we are to believe this doesn't have shoot elements (which, I don't, because it does), seems to try and randomly jump between those two philosophies, and it's jarring.

    Straight up, it isn't a good look that someone vocally against the sit rep, believing it didn't apply to them is on the team that agreed this video was a good idea, along with someone who's expressed vocal frustration about how OCW seems to play fast and loose with whether or not wins and losses matter. For all their faults and teething issues, TWC are a team I love to hate, they've done great stuff, and not consulting them in a video like this was a mistake. I don't even hate the idea in its most abstract form, it makes sense that we should hate the smarmy 'ah yes we do real wrestling' team when OCW is a place where the most entertaining stuff often has nothing to do with wrestling. However, I don't have faith in the craft of this apparent storyline when a key part of the storyline have not been consulted.

    The reason why this is being read as a discord beef is because this promo is exactly what we've seen over discord for the longest time. TWC vs Sanctum could have had some cheeky winks to the camera, but this, the phrase 'Aisu later joined TWC lol' says it all, it's the same verbiage we've seen on discord. It's baffling to me that people are so shocked that a long, visually uninteresting video that plainly lays out exactly why Sanctum are not 'ducking TWC' is being received badly, when we've seen these words over a similarly black screen in show discussion, say that 'Sanctum isn't ducking TWC, TWC just keep fumbling the bag'. Everyone makes mistakes, not everything can be a gem, and it's a shame that there's seemingly not even an 'alright, yeah, this may have been a bad call, but we're brewing up something', and just an arrogant, outright 'no you don't get it let it play out'. Tiring, honestly.

    ---

    Scotty vs Samsin was really solid, felt bad that we were all memeing on it before the bell rang, but they did a very solid job. For me, MOTN was the main event, my heart was in my mouth at times, I did think the taunt was gonna end the match, but yeah, really solid playing from both guys involved, makes me proud to be a semi-established player in the women's division, and that's kind of the best feeling for me to have as a handler, watching a title fight.

    I'm also really enjoying Ry's spooky shit, I did hope Noimara was a bit spookier, but the flavour's there in her moveset and playing, so I reckon that something great it coming here. Maybe not full Bray Wyatt spoops, but perhaps this opens the door for a more fleshed out character that has this horror as an aesthetic, as a hook, rather than it being their whole deal, I like it. More positive werdz incoming hopefully.
    The taunt at the end that Holly did was a wake up taunt that went wrong with the game. Holly did a move that makes the opponent automatically stand back up and I think the handler forgot so decided to do her wake up taunt to end me.

    I knew this immediately and did Furs signature taunt to add entertainment AND to give Holly a chance to end the match. Both taunts ended at the same time and we went on to attack. I knew it was a missed opportunity for Holly and I just tried to give it back to her without making it obvious.
    I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!



  13. The Following User Marked Out to Hard2Obtain For This Amazing Post:

    Colin Locke (10-15-2022)

  14. #18
    Billy Bad Ass Wrestler Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough Colin Locke is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    261
    Cash ($)
    5,049.27
    Markout
    115
    Fans Marked 302 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Obtain View Post
    The taunt at the end that Holly did was a wake up taunt that went wrong with the game. Holly did a move that makes the opponent automatically stand back up and I think the handler forgot so decided to do her wake up taunt to end me.

    I knew this immediately and did Furs signature taunt to add entertainment AND to give Holly a chance to end the match. Both taunts ended at the same time and we went on to attack. I knew it was a missed opportunity for Holly and I just tried to give it back to her without making it obvious.
    The game sense is real, top tier stuff

  15. The Following User Marked Out to Colin Locke For This Amazing Post:

    Hard2Obtain (10-15-2022)

  16. #19
    Getting too old for this $### Administrator Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sensation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    OCW HQ NYC
    Posts
    8,203
    Cash ($)
    86,521.60
    Markout
    4,231
    Fans Marked 10,939 Times in 2,661 Posts
    The games is always fucking around lmao
    15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree
    make him tap with brownie mix

    "Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

    Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got
    Our Hero:uploadafraud.com
    Jookie:fuck u boricua

    "I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda"

    OCW works best when itís a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. Itís at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their palsí content." - Paul Pugh

  17. The Following User Marked Out to Mr.Sensation For This Amazing Post:

    Hard2Obtain (10-15-2022)

  18. #20
    Paul!?! Production Team
    Staff
    Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz has much to be proud of Nate Ortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,806
    Cash ($)
    16,112.79
    Markout
    379
    Fans Marked 1,488 Times in 364 Posts
    I did not know it was an auto stand up or I wouldn’t have done it. Universe 2 Nate 0
    May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010
    Mr. 1 in 365?

  19. The Following User Marked Out to Nate Ortiz For This Amazing Post:

    Hard2Obtain (10-15-2022)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts