spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely don’t see the difference from what they did and what Jay was doing during the Kingu match. Both made a bunch of jokes which to me is fine. Don’t see how you can complain about one and not the other. Especially saying it ruined the match when most of it was good commentary. I didn’t find it as distracting as some people are saying.

Jay wasn't doing comms in the main event, he was interacting with the stream. You may like phone sex with your commentary but I think it's a bit much, hence why I just mute them keep it moving. I don't need comms to enjoy a match.

The show was short and sweet. A lot of stories were left a bit hanging but the ones I cared about most moved forward. That Claudio Tre promo was my favorite of the night.

• Mark Out! 4

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become Nate Ortiz" - Drago Cesar

"Let me make myself clear: you work for me. If I tell you to fight Blaine, you fight Blaine. Hell, if I tell you to fight a lion, you WILL fight a lion and still thank me afterwards for giving you a job." - Mr. Sensation

I genuinely don’t see the difference from what they did and what Jay was doing during the Kingu match. Both made a bunch of jokes which to me is fine. Don’t see how you can complain about one and not the other. Especially saying it ruined the match when most of it was good commentary. I didn’t find it as distracting as some people are saying.

I respectfully disagree. The Kingu/Cody commentary was kind of silly and it did get somewhat excessive, but it didn’t really affect my enjoyment of the match as much as listening to weird ‘no homo’ ‘banter’ did. That’s just how I feel about it though.

One was kind of dumb, one was just gross.

Christian Garcia:

1x North American Champion

Jasmin Kaffee:

1x World Women's Champion

Interacting with stream in a silly out-of-universe manner is not comparable to anything the in-universe commentators do. Regardless of what you think of the commentary, comparing a spectator speaking over the stream to commentary that exists in the same space as the wrestlers is silly.

It'd be like saying "Well people made jokes in VP while watching, how is that different?"

Busy busy here in the bullshit state of KY but I will catch up with the show and all of the discourse a bit later this week.

Thanks again to Nick and Brian for stepping in to do the show. I have not watched the main yet, but I am sure any criticism they're getting for overdoing their running jokes can simply be acknowledged and used to improve going forward. I think both of them do a great job in many aspects on Ambition generally and I've always said Nick's passion and energy has a real air of legitimacy. The other kinks can be worked out no problem.

Off I go.

• Mark Out! 1

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Interacting with stream in a silly out-of-universe manner is not comparable to anything the in-universe commentators do. Regardless of what you think of the commentary, comparing a spectator speaking over the stream to commentary that exists in the same space as the wrestlers is silly.

It'd be like saying "Well people made jokes in VP while watching, how is that different?"

Busy busy here in the bullshit state of KY but I will catch up with the show and all of the discourse a bit later this week.

Thanks again to Nick and Brian for stepping in to do the show. I have not watched the main yet, but I am sure any criticism they're getting for overdoing their running jokes can simply be acknowledged and used to improve going forward. I think both of them do a great job in many aspects on Ambition generally and I've always said Nick's passion and energy has a real air of legitimacy. The other kinks can be worked out no problem.

Off I go.

Well you said I was from Queens as part of an in universe statement. If we can’t be joking around then I should’ve gotten mad at you for that. People seem to just be mad because of the people who were involved. If you told Jay shut up and kiss me no one would care

Edited by John Carter
I can’t spell

Ya live and ya learn baby. We got a call from the network and we’re told we gotta hone it in and tone it down. Ain’t no reason to shake the boat over that. Always grateful to be given the opportunity to step in on a main show with my main man Nick. I’m still gonna do the most devious things to him but if we step in again we’ll show how naughtily professional we can be
  • Mark Out! 1

Another thing to point out is that Jay's comments on KINGU/Omega were entirely about the characters. I find the criticism strange, considering that, regardless of your taste for that kind of humour, he pretty much nailed the fact that those two are (apparently) important wrestlers elsewhere (with Cody doing the 'new heights' thing from the Indies and KINGU showing up like Tony Khan's gonna hug him and give him a contract after the show goes off air), whereas the ME commentary's criticisms are mainly based on the fact that it wasn't entirely about the characters and focused on an in-joke that didn't hit for a fair amount of people. Obviously, flavour and personality are important, but if there's gonna be a running gag that isn't about anything happening on screen, there has to be a good balance between putting over that joke (and, if it's just one joke, recognising you're limiting your audience), and putting over what's going on on screen. Whether you found it funny or not, 'This reminds me of KINGU vs Laundro Matt as Wrassle Castle 23' x100 is at least about the characters and putting them over, 'Speaking of taking someone from behind' x100 is far less relevant, regardless of whether it's your sense of humour or not. I'm amazed why there needs to be the 'what about *insert thing*' defense, it's always better to have constructive criticism out in the open to give people a chance to reflect and see what they can do better next time.
  • Mark Out! 3

Another thing to point out is that Jay's comments on KINGU/Omega were entirely about the characters. I find the criticism strange, considering that, regardless of your taste for that kind of humour, he pretty much nailed the fact that those two are (apparently) important wrestlers elsewhere (with Cody doing the 'new heights' thing from the Indies and KINGU showing up like Tony Khan's gonna hug him and give him a contract after the show goes off air), whereas the ME commentary's criticisms are mainly based on the fact that it wasn't entirely about the characters and focused on an in-joke that didn't hit for a fair amount of people. Obviously, flavour and personality are important, but if there's gonna be a running gag that isn't about anything happening on screen, there has to be a good balance between putting over that joke (and, if it's just one joke, recognising you're limiting your audience), and putting over what's going on on screen. Whether you found it funny or not, 'This reminds me of KINGU vs Laundro Matt as Wrassle Castle 23' x100 is at least about the characters and putting them over, 'Speaking of taking someone from behind' x100 is far less relevant, regardless of whether it's your sense of humour or not. I'm amazed why there needs to be the 'what about *insert thing*' defense, it's always better to have constructive criticism out in the open to give people a chance to reflect and see what they can do better next time.

Please explain how anything Nick and Jordan said was an “inside joke”

To not turn this into some fight, there isn’t an “inside joke” that portion of what is being said is just flat out wrong. Me & Nick have been commentating with one another for well over a year now. Could I tell you when we went from what we started to where we are now with the marriage and sexual bants? Probably once we became more comfortable with the commentating style with each other. Not that I think what anyone is saying is wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that’s what should drive forum discussion. But inside joke? Nah huge miss, tone down on other areas that we indulge in? Sure I can get behind that. This is also just the first time I would say in public that this sort of thing has been said. We’ve had 13 Ambitions where if anything was wild or whatnot that could’ve been said much sooner but it isn’t anything to rock the boat over. Every commentator pairing has their things they like to flirt with and people will enjoy them more than other pairings which is totally fine. Just no spread misinformation comrade, we was just lads doing lad stuff no inside jokes lol. Now I just might need to find one to have ;)