spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

Riot 576: Get At Me Dog!

Mr.Sensation

• Administrators

• Mark Out! 13
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

I'm only gonna comment on the matches right now.

1. Owens finally gets that Dub over the horny man. good shit.

2. TWC should've ended it sooner instead of playing with their food.

3. The triple threat I was in was fun but I hate the random rollouts. I hope luck is on my side at End game

4. Meaty men slapping meat. Reese keeping a brotha down

5. The main event was solid wasn't better than the women's (hehehe jk) H20 vs Quartz is gonna be fun.

• Mark Out! 4
http://i.imgur.com/lk3Jiel.gif

Saw a some people accusing me of fpr breaks in that tag match. When and where?

I think the main one I caught was around 9:20 where the guy punched you, you walked backwards, dodging his grab, and then you grappled him. I don't think many people were worried, as there were other weird things from RNR beforehand. I remember a lot of the debate being around you guys not ending the fight when Ricky went red, but I get that a lot of people have different views about how easy or not to go on rookies.

Will post more thoughts on the whole thing soon!

I think the main one I caught was around 9:20 where the guy punched you, you walked backwards, dodging his grab, and then you grappled him. I don't think many people were worried, as there were other weird things from RNR beforehand. I remember a lot of the debate being around you guys not ending the fight when Ricky went red, but I get that a lot of people have different views about how easy or not to go on rookies.

Will post more thoughts on the whole thing soon!

technically thats not against fpr as moonwalking isn't against fpr unless it is following a reversal.

{reset, got punched, animation allowed for the distance, walked away.}

is it annoying to be on the other side of and possibly grey? yes, actually a fpr break, no

kass_title_sig.png.a7f4006a6f0be22e5527afaaf7cccb65.png

There has always been shades of grey some people operate in, thats ethics vs fpr. FPR is the hard rules and ethics is person to person, whether you hit someone after 1 whiff or not, if you walk out of the way of springboards/top rope moves if you have control of your character in time to move vs reversing. This is defly a easier to point out on but that is part of knowing who you are working with, there are people I trust and people I don't.

Problem with trying to hard rule this is applying it to all and saying what? if it isn't a reset or "your turn" being in control then you have no option but to reverse, you can not move, you can't strike first if you can? that could mean, I beat you in the reset with a strike so I have control, that means you can't move, you can only rev so I run off to go for spring board, you stand there and just try and rev. Not going to happen, so if there is room to play people will use it.

It has always been the case, I am merely pointing out that to the rule, that wasn't a FPR break.

• Mark Out! 5
kass_title_sig.png.a7f4006a6f0be22e5527afaaf7cccb65.png

Ba da Bing, Ba da Boom, you know how we do. Alliteration is mostly gone. 3, 2, 1, Go!

Family Forensics

This series of promos from Colby and Jordan were welcome throughout the show and didn’t overstay their welcome while developing the multiple stories the characters are involved in and their own relationship in a wacky environment.

I really enjoyed the subtle development of Colby learning how to deal with Jordan’s ramblings. At first, Colby tries to intimidate Jordan to stfu which...doesn’t work. Throughout the next two promos, he just ignores/distracts him which proves to be highly effective.

Tre’s State of the Union Address

This was definitely my promo of the night. I feel it did so much in so little. The Nate Mac-isms. The President, Tre Golden, really reached into his leadership bag for this one addressing the Wolves and preparing them for the war ahead.

It was mainly good for his use of optics. He was able to frame the Wolves and their code of ethics into something very noble and set the Wolves to be the clear faces against DDE, all without changing or compromising his character.

However, I do think that “Treasurer” is a horrible title for Marisa. It just doesn’t sound threatening to me in the slightest and doesn’t fit her character other than “Xpensive(Treasurer deals with money)”.

Elliot Ends Garcia’s GameS.

This should be good. Both character’s first singles feud in their respective factions. Elliot quickly assumed a heel and Garcia the contrary. Would I have liked to see it flipped the other way around? Don’t think it would have made too much of a difference.

Since Christian is face, I think this feud is his for the taking. I believe he has the more interesting story to tell as part of this and we saw bits of it here. Garcia has been around for a small while now and is no longer the new kid on the block but this is his chance to prove it to Elliot and the audience, and to himself perhaps.

La Mujera’s Championship Challenge

Mujera seeks to revel in her Championship win AND defense but is interrupted by two women capitalizing off of their wins at Ladies’ Night. Not sure what this means or what it will lead up to. Given Blackheart’s win later in the night, not sure if they plan to do a triple threat still or if Flojo will demand a No1 Contender rematch given her great showing. Both scenarios seem interesting and this should be a great second defense for Mujera that may crown a new champ.

In terms of the video, I am glad to see more people trying some multiman video work. It wasn’t as polished as Jake’s multiman vids but it got the message across and got the job done. I loved Mujera getting her last word at the bottom of the ramp. Ideally, these sort of promos would be easier to do, in the next game however far away that is.

Harris Turner’s Cabin Chat

This was a very good, quintessential newcomer promo. It established some motives and backstory for the character as Turner risked his established career for something he’s passionate about, wrestling. It also solidified his alignment as a face. In the end, it even set us up nicely for his debut next week against Alex Asher, beautiful stuff.

On the format side of things, satellite interviews are sort of a staple in wrestling television and this was a nice implementation of it. I really enjoyed how dynamic it was. We would go from a shot of Jim Black, to a shot of both of them to just Turner. It operated like a real interview would. I also think the decision to not go full screen for most of the promo was a nice aesthetic decision. It had a nice “Riot-y” background and more importantly, made the text boxes feel very natural. They did not interrupt or obstruct anything. Solid all around.

Champion Triple Threat

Kent went crazy booking 3 Champions in one main event forcing Jake to book a superior star-studded main event for Turmoil.

Baker running away from Tony when he was out of reversals is something nobody wants to see whether it’s from the viewer’s perspective or from a competitive standpoint. However, I’m not gonna act like it’s something that hasn’t been done before. Karma might’ve bit him in the back and despite Quartz’ efforts, Tony hit him with the knee for the 1, 2, 3.

The match was good though and Everrett looked like he had it for most of the match. He was able to walk away with his hands clean while Quartz was able to continue his feud with H20 as he shockingly came to save Baker, the man who took his dreads and his belt.

Takeaways

This show definitely had a different ambiance to it than Turmoil. We had a little bit of everything: tag teams, ladies, BEEF, and even a creep.

I didn’t catch the entire Twitch stream/VP but from what I did catch the stream experience seemed much improved and every video got its own spotlight all the way through.

Definitely not the most packed show we’ve had but far from the worst. Overall, a slight improvement from last week. We’re in the last stretch of the season so let’s keep up the great work everybody.

• Mark Out! 13

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png