spacer.png

Countdown to OCWFED SEASON 19 MOVE CLAIM!

The countdown has finished!

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 13
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Administrators
I love Bobby Minio, GARBAGE DAY!
  • Mark Out! 3
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

2 more weeks to Summercide boyo.

Tremblay vs Trance

Really enjoyed this match, Tremblay came out of the gates on fire, showing he can win resets and manipulate the spacing game with nuance that you don't really get as a rookie. He regressed a bit around halfway point, but that's not any kind of condemnation. Still miles ahead where normal rookies would be at this point.

I look for examples of the character, FPR, and comp elements and Sheldon definitely checked 2.5/3 of those boxes for me. I'd say I really want to see more of his character shine now, lets see who he is!

Also it was discussed in VP, but Jordan Trance is a great character. To have some of the subtle elements of his dad (HOFer Jacob Trance, you newbies) while also embracing a younger generational feel, it's so well done and for a singular person to be able to realistically convey that difference, maintaining similarities while also acknowledging that parents are almost NEVER carbon copies of their sons/daughters. The evolution of Jordan Trance is interesting and I am looking forward to more of it.

- Tony and Danny take a trip to the hospital to meet Rust but find that he's either escaped or been released by the world's greatest Advisor... wait a minute. RYU still hanging around Rust Cohle and doing favors for him. Playing both sides and from a kayfabe standpoint, seems to continue to be effective in pulling strings behind the scenes for both Quartz and Cohle. I like the threads on this show, obviously my own with Bobby but this 3 parter is great too.

- Mina as a character interests me, but she will want to be careful to not fall into the trope of just attacking people backstage back and forth until a PPV. I liked the idea last week that Mina really is just a quiet babyface who felt bad for bumping into Heather. I kind of expected Mina, based on the little we know about her, to continue pleading or really state that she meant nothing of it to Heather, which would piss off Heather for lack of confrontation. For Mina to dive right in does progress the conflict, but it also made Mina look cold and heelish, which was not the persona I was picking up on.

I know it was revenge, but that's how I felt.

- EMP and Dragana are the exact opposite of a trope, delivering a story in a way that makes sense and isn't just Dragana showing up to be a heel when the two had established friendship and history very recently. This is a smart and unique way to pull it off seeing as how it isn't a betrayal of what we know of both of them. Things like this reward the viewer for paying attention and I appreciate that. I'll be donating as a part of the build. I am a little concerned over the lack of attention on the women's title SO FAR.

I think we all assumed it was for the women's championship, but with Emp stating this is their last match in OCW, what does that mean for the women's title? I would like to see something before Summercide address that side of things. Time will tell.

- FloJo's apathy and lack of care for herself is starting to be reflected in the fanbase. They are clearly sick of her shit and have moved on. FloJo now facing real life consequences to the self-pity and shows that it does actually affect her despite what she says.

DDE vs Hollywood USA

You can absolutely see which team has chemistry and which one doesn't, here. Dane and Parca almost fight like they're at odds while HUSA fight like a well oiled machine who have each other's backs. For shoot, I wish Cort had a PS4 so that they could get some kind of burn as a tag team. Those attires were god damn fire and Cort's sheer aggression going after the fin down 0 revs to 1 was sick. I love both these guys and this was a huge win going into what will happen later tonight...

- Colin in the Locke and Key showing off that he can take almost whatever happens in a comp match and find a way to make a story out of it. Not even mentioning he's still wearing an eyepatch due to the Tre/KD/Colin/Quartz tag match last month, here we see him taking Quartz' escape and calling back to Danny Watts running away as well. Even though Colin has had a bit more presence in the build so far, he connects everything back to Tre in a way that makes sense to me. Solid work as usual.

- RUST COHLE THREW NATE INTO THE HUDSON. I'm just saying, I'm not surprised AT ALL that Spider potentially freed Rust Cohle if he knew (or maybe influenced Rust) to take action against Nate Ortiz, a man who's been terrorizing Spider forever now, obviously recently with Quartz/JCS but it goes deeper than that. This was a huge pop moment for me, Rusty is fucking nuts.

- The Archer/Colby/Morrison/Telos stuff is very interweaving and as a weakness, that does make it harder to follow for a casual person or someone who doesn't understand all the little things/references they're making. That said, I am not one of those people, so I love it. This RP was a great idea to really solidify the relationship, motives, and reasoning behind Colby/Archer as a unit. Both state what they want and how/why they're going to help each other get there. Archer slipping more into a mentoring role with Colby, which is a good fit.

All the comedic stuff is good, with Archer not understanding the culture and trying his best to do so. I know I want to avoid Archer/Dillinger direct comparisons, but this is something I do almost all the time, from trying to be "Urban" with Telos, Jett, and Tayy, to the misplaced "Hispanic" stuff with Parca. It's just free money and I love it here.

Also The Dreadnought of Drogheda is a fucking awesome nickname.

Mina vs Alyssa vs Morgan

Action packed triple threat. There was a good pace and everyone had a moment to shine. Mina(Ry) showing that their FPR is definitely improving. The VERY opportunist ending with Alyssa slipping in a rocket kick and stealing the win falls in line with how the Parker/Marceaux family does it's business, but it wasn't like, a "shitty" ending. I'm not sure if that opinion came from in character shit talking but anyone giving Alyssa shit for going for the win in that moment are silly.

I do agree with inital VP reactions that Mina VANDENHOFF's moveset is very cool and I think is fitting to what little we know of the character. Morgan was already set from a character/moveset/presentation place, we know she's a great and well thought out character.

Now Alyssa. I really haven't hated the slow burn she's given us in her build up RPs. I think she got it a little TOO hard from a moveset perspective. I personally think that's the nature of 2 things.

1. Her moveset has the exact same vibe as Elliott Parker.

2. She's controlled by Elliot as a handler and people love to give him shit.

Now being super indy and having this over the top moves everywhere in the moveset is a problem in itself to a point. I feel like Elliott has carved that "style" into his own thing and to see another character come in and be a carbon copy is a little "eh". I know there's a clear connection between the two in storyline so it doesn't NOT make sense, it's just not really what I was expecting.

- Stacy Clark now with Blaine, she is a very busy woman. She makes it clear who she is, good short promo interrupted with spooky lights turning off. I haven't seen if Val shows up later in the show, but to see this show landing on Friday the 13th and THIS be all we get from Val Vorhees I feel is a massive missed opportunity. This is a moment as a rookie you should really be pushing your ideas to the person you're working with, this had to be Val's show and from a video perspective (and so far for RPs) it seems like a missed opportunity.

Just Derek vs Fraser

MEAT. This was one of those awkward matches where things just kinda don't go your way. It was absolutely a fight, but Fraser just couldn't find a way to get his hands on the head to damage it, then missing a few fin attempts, just happens that way sometimes. Comp being what it is. The match was not *bad* just because it was a little longer. This match had more than enough storyline backbone to hold it up. Good win from Fraser.

I was a little confused at the ending, I feel with a week left we could have found a slightly better way to rebuild the tension between OWEN and Fraser. They just agreed to have each other's back and now when it's time to actually do that, there's a problem? I see where it was coming from, with Fraser saying "I didn't need it", but clearly you did. It might be because of how it went down. If like, Fraser and Derek were just throwing hands and nothing final happened when OWEN showed up, that'd be more effective. Instead, DEREK FLATTENED Fraser, took him out with a fin and everything. He clearly did not have it handled.

Either way, the OWEN/FRASER story moves along towards Summercide with Derek trying to make a name for himself as well.

- I really liked the Everrett/Garcia promo battle. Tony's been HEAT with the solo promo material recently. There's a lot to follow on these shows to fully enjoy them and while I do, being able to step back and just watch a guy talk that shit by himself and get me pumped is a tried and true strategy.

The intro of Garcia showing more of his backbone is good, standing on his own legs in DDE and standing up for his Trib- El Primero. This works because we already saw Parca get driven out by an ambulance, it wouldn't make sense for him to be here. Garcia in his absence works a bit better and shows he's more than a background character.

I will say, and I know this is a product of multiple people writing on one document, but PLEASE be consistent in Morrison Method naming. Everrett switches from "Everrett" to "Ev" to "Tony" and back to "Ev" before the document is done. It reads much better when you refer to a person with ONE name the entire time. The first switch makes sense, establishing who it is then shortening it, but the switching back and forth can be confusing to read and it's an easy fix.

- Who would have thought we would have TWO great courtroom-based-videos in one season? Maxx's has it's own flavor and hits a lot of notes mine was not able to and vice versa, so it doesn't feel like a copy. Very unique and as all Maxx videos are, incredibly entertaining. I can't express how much people like Maxx and EMP (and Marisa) inspire me to want to keep creating. Sometimes when I spend a weekend on a video and it just goes by without much fanfare, I get a little discouraged, but then I watch videos from other people like Maxx's here and I feel the immense appreciation I have for them and can be re-encouraged that my videos might pop people in the same way.

Silly tangent, but I do appreciate OCW a lot.

Anyways, Judge Brown delivering the best verdicts, PPV matches. Tucker's return to OCW has been as I expected it would be. He's been one of my favorites since the "LETS GO" era through the Caine era and now this version of Tucker. It's just great stuff and I think Tucker vs Edwards low-key has a shot to steal the show at Cide.

- Valkyrie and Marisa's showdown was solid. I was worried at first Marisa was going to go back to attacking from behind, but since we already saw that, I was happy to see the little promo on the big screen. Valk making a statement and it goes back to the whole thing I said with Tony's promo. Simple and plain and effective, especially because this style falls by the wayside a lot on our shows. We're varied!

La Mujera vs Blaine

Just two of our most fun handlers doing what they do best. Very good competitive stuff here, Blaine's always a victim of the big comeback and it happened again here. Mujera keeping her presence felt and we see Holly at the end just to keep that in mind. Not bad for story wise and the match was awesome. The trading of moves and the back and forth was very fun.

- More interweaving universes between characters here, it's something that the Attitude Era did very well, making sure you knew all these individual storylines were happening in an interconnected universe and not an isolated bubble. It's fun and I think OCW might do it better (for better or worse) than most real life companies currently.

That said, the whole Colby calling Trance "baby cousin" every single line really stood out to me here. It might just be because someone mentioned it and now it's standing out, but it feels unnatural to me. At any rate, I do like that Colby and Jordan's relationship is not really heel/face more than it is just family members who aren't automatically evil to each other because of their OCW alignment. That part is refreshing. I'm sure we're on a crash course between these two at some point in S17.

- That video for QC Connect was awesome! It appears Claudio Stardom has found a partner... but who is the handler!

- I guess everyone read my mind on the simple but effective promos, because Telos delivers another one. Telos being very clear and to the point. He talks about his own history too, which we haven't gotten a lot of since he came back at Lution. I dig it.

- KD is back and is ready to crack some skulls.

- MUGEN IS BACK! When in danger, break glass for P3! Jehst's program with Dane was obviously interrupted and the fact P3 storm in to save the day makes my heart warm!

Jehst vs Mugen is a fuggin dream match for me personally and there's no way this is going to be bad.

Main Event Battle Royal

For shoot, this idea came up when I realized we only had 3 weeks of TV before Cide and I wanted to show out for Turmoil. We all see the card for RIOT so you see Kent was of the same mindset on his end.

This delivered in every way I wanted it to! OTR Battle Royals are so fun and these guys played to the special rules perfectly (except you AC Cobra, you cheating fuck).

There was SO MUCH going on in this match and I dug it. Not only were the stakes high to begin with, but Chris getting elim'd first and taken down by Carter and kicked out of TWC, that was great. Then we go to Iceman interfering and taking out Blacksmith to keep their story going and giving a GREAT out for Blacksmith, given he was the favorite for me. I almost could not have booked this better if I tried.

H2O looking to recapture the good light and TY being the perennial "I'm here" guy in the final 2 worked for me as well. Carter obviously being a shit bag and attacking H2O, then Baker coming out afterwards to speak on it. H2O is now the number one contender. What does this mean for Anthony Baker?!

I really enjoyed this show from an RP AND match standpoint. I didn't feel like anything on this show save for 1 or 2 little moments wasted my time. OCW IS ENTERTAINMENT HOOT!

• Mark Out! 14

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Administrators

I really enjoyed, the Valk Promo when I read it in the editing booth. I was like THIS IS PRO WRESTLING!!!

The FloJo stuff is interesting to me. This is one of those fire in your belly moments. We shall see, b

• Mark Out! 3
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

Rps

Dominion plus 1 - I'm loving this story, especially since for YEARS i tried to tell people who the real Nate was and now it's common knowledge. the dynamic between the brothers and their patriarch is great. Tony falling in line doing what daddy's favorite son does, Danny being the hot headed youngster, Rust the rebellious one.

+1 was the Trash appearance which could have major implications if he had something to do with Hon's escape.

Flojo rps - both were well written, i easily visualized both scenarios. good character development. this was one of the many super solid rps from our stronk woman's division.

Boob/Quartz arc - always a fan of over arching rps that can stand on their own but also leave you wanting more. when you feud with boob, its all about words bruh and if you love rps this is a wet dream.

Honorable Mention

Mugen/HUSA - seeing Mugen pose as Double O 69 was great.

Vids

We Are PVP - Jay doesn't get enough props for the vids he does, this was fugn grade A amazano. altho i thought flojo was ded lol

QCC hype vid - crazy high production on this, they actually look like a legit threat. that's what made this great, they haven't actually done anything in the ring lol.

Match

The LHW BR - i figured this would be run of the mill disappointment because this game doesn't actually want us to have fun. but in classic OCW fashion we turn chicken shit into chicken salad. BR's are supposed to be chaotic yet serve the purpose of getting a slew of stories over, this hit the mark to a tee. perfect mesh of comp and story. props to all that were involved that took alotta team work.

Conclusion

This was a really good show with rps and matches i didn't mention. this show was a lot easier to digest than last week for sure but didn't lack the storytelling.

• Mark Out! 12

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become Nate Ortiz" - Drago Cesar

"Let me make myself clear: you work for me. If I tell you to fight Blaine, you fight Blaine. Hell, if I tell you to fight a lion, you WILL fight a lion and still thank me afterwards for giving you a job." - Mr. Sensation

• Administrators
How ironic Rusty threw Nate into H2O. I threw Drago off a semi trailer and we all know what happened. Rusty you may see the same fate.

Fuck off Harvey

• Mark Out! 1
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

3-2-1 GO

The People’s Champ turns to The People’s Chump

In the two latest installments of the Flojo saga, we find her getting ignored at a convention. A setting that I absolutely love for Flojo to be at as it makes sense specifically with her character and with the wrestling world in general.

Great backstory filling in here of the downhill trajectory that Flojo has been on with the use of the attendees and how she was treated.

We then get a nice backstage segment with Flojo and Terra where Flojo tries to act tough despite being quite obviously “down bad” and Terra sees right through that.

Nice stuff and I like both of the promos.

Tony’s Turmoil Tirade(TTT)

While Cow Gang may have fallen short to TTT, Tony stood tall here and laid out a challenge to Parca only to be interrupted by Christian Garcia.

Speaking of Christian, I feel like he needs some more “Chico”isms. Right now, he has a good solid young-old relationship with Parca but the issue with that is that he(to me) screams Young Parca, without any major discernible differences. While Parca is teaching him some things, I’d like to see Garcia develop a flaw that could potentially eventually lead to the DDE blowup feud.

It could be something as small as Garcia being too scummy or too empathetic or too chauvinistic.

Regardless, I loved this promo from both parties and Garcia trying to go toe-to-toe with Tony before Tony dominates him and lays out the scene for next week.

Boob Hunt

A series of RPs from an assortment of characters peppered all throughout the show that do a lot of things right in many ways.

Bobby Minio talks to a lot of familiar faces and is able to do what he does best. Minio is also able to beat up Spider and overall, build himself up while outsmarting Quartz at every corner.

While it may seem simple(that’s part of the beauty), if executed poorly this could have given off some awkward unintended effects. The clever trick here is being able to run away constantly without ever appearing scared(And in-turn Heelish), and that is done through smart and tactical writing. On the other side is Quartz, who is able to be bested at every corner and still not lose any bit of his threatening aura.

This series of promos served as a nice and gradual build-up to the match as the tensions between the two increased ever so slightly while also serving as expediting Minio’s “Welcome Back Party” and roping it into the storyline.

Also good to see Dupree writing multiple times per show and overall, seemingly enjoying himself as he is writing more frequently outside of his usual announcements.

Nate’s swim with the fishes

I can’t help but say that Nate's green screen promos have definitely grown on me. The music combined with Nate’s demeanor always makes them seem like such a big occasion.

The only thing I would add is just some sounds to rest of the fight. Fighting without any sounds always just takes the edge off of the impact outside of video packages. The ending bit with commentary added a lot and just getting some punching sounds from the #assets channel(Thanks Valk) will go a long way imo.

That being said, this promo was a pretty simple(and also pretty silly) idea, done right and getting the job done. Nate vs Rust definitely is one of the hottest feuds heading into Cide and is a match I can’t wait to see.

A New Tag Team?

This Quan and Claudio promo was very weird for a few reasons.

Firstly, I’m unironically asking “Is this sped up?” It’s clear the music is but even several parts of the video seem cut off or not given enough time. Pieces of text and the actual clips of the tag team. In fact, viewing it at .75x playback speed on YT made the video be paced a lot better where I could easily see what’s happening in most of the clips and read most of the text and I would recommend others to do the same when watching.

Lastly, I’m going to have to agree with Jay in asking “Who made this?” Mostly because a lot of Marisa’s videos are up and down in terms of resolution(I assume it’s because of a base PS4) while this one was able to stay pretty consistent at what looks like 1080 or atleast a good full 720. That being said, a lot of Marisa’s videos are cropped in so that might lose resolution while this video seemed to utilize mostly fullscreen clips from in-game so it’s not out of the question.

Regardless, this video did a good job at hyping up the arrival of the new team so props to whoever made it as we still don’t know who the second man is(No thanks to Jake).

Quartz’s Cousin vs. Trance’s Son

This was a really good rookie debut from Tremblay but unfortunately experience came out on top. The action was a lot more back and forth than the damage was showing and Tremblay only got hit with a finisher when he didn’t have reversals. Can’t ask for much more from a show opener.

Conclusion

T’was a good show, Not as good as Riot, but a good show nonetheless.

Also, crazy how Cide is ‘bout two weeks away. Still remember Chill Faktor and The Clash from earlier this year and it’s also crazy to acknowledge has the OCW landscape has changed since then.

Next week is the Go Home and then it’s Cide. We got bangers lined up and I’m all here for it.

• Mark Out! 10

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

Fuck off Harvey

Something a father would say. But be a good dad and hold your son accountable for his actions! Make him a better man before Rusty does…..respectfully.

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png